Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34847 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2022, 07:22:26 pm »

All my actions show up as mafiakill actions, because BYOR. Bolded so nobody misses it.

To be fair, that seems a little too batshit for even a beginner BYOR.  Additionally sus because since that's miller-ish and you didn't claim it in your first post. 

Now I have to wonder if you'd be the kind of person to pull a gambit like that or if wubba is off his goddamn rocker...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2022, 07:23:44 pm »

Now I have to wonder if you'd be the kind of person to pull a gambit like that or if wubba is off his goddamn rocker...
Oh that's easy.
Yes, but also yes.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2022, 07:28:05 pm »

Oh that's easy.
Yes, but also yes.

ಠ_ಠ

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2022, 07:30:09 pm »

NJW has posted recently. That just really leaves Tric and Knightwing.. but I personally think inactivity is a somewhat weak modem to go off of... They could be doing IRL things. Usually I believe it's more likely that the Mafia is always active in a thread, as a means to deflect suspicion that they COULD be Mafia.. An inverse of what you've posted.
NJW literally has made one single post since game start. That is not enough content to form a read. I don't have any problems with that one post. It's a good post. But it's still a single, isolated, post. There is not enough content there to form a read, and you are deluding yourself if you think you can make a read from someone's first post of the game. (which is also why I am completely ignoring Max's claim that Knightwing is town.)

But at the same time... I am a really, really, really intuitionistic player and sometimes I don't have more than gut feelings and maybe a couple vague things to point to. I'm sorry, but you do have to accept that. All I can plead is that it seems to work okay, at least as well as everyone else does. This is honestly why I do let d1 slip by: it's definitely not my time to shine, and I kind of just expect/hope that people will give me enough credit to get through it so I can sit down and try actually finding scum d2 and on.
Max - I am much the same actually. I often end up posting my read lists in pairs. I'll have an emotional read list, and a logical read list. And they will often conflict with each other. In point of fact, you'll usually find me getting the most involved with and questioning the hardest those people who I have a mismatched read about.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2022, 07:37:18 pm »

Knightwing64 - Please stop ignoring my questions.
So you think Tric is acting scummy right now, since you trust them?
Also, what are your thoughts about Shakerag vs Egan?

I just posted a large paragraph with my answer to both of those and it got deleted. So, 1: stupid question. 2: don’t side with either.

I don’t believe Max is scum. I honestly believe you guys would be making a mistake voting then. They are acting the same as they normally would.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2022, 07:43:36 pm »

Knightwing, I do agree that the question was a stupid one, but I asked it anyway because you had made a self-contradictory claim. Please explain at length what you think of Tric, their meta, their behavior, and if they are scummy or not.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2022, 07:48:31 pm »

Yeah, I haven’t posted much, but there’s over two days left. I had a busy day.

Important question for fou FIRST then Egan: do your actions inspect as TARGETING the nightkill? Say I die but you target max, who do you show up as targeting?

I mentioned tracking powers before, they show as me targeting whoever died.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2022, 07:51:04 pm »

Yeah, I haven’t posted much, but there’s over two days left. I had a busy day.

Important question for fou FIRST then Egan: do your actions inspect as TARGETING the nightkill? Say I die but you target max, who do you show up as targeting?
whoopsie, missed that NJW had made a second post. No comment on this since it clearly has follow-up that hasn't played out yet.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2022, 07:55:23 pm »

Oh that's easy.
Yes, but also yes.

ಠ_ಠ
In all seriousness...
I know Fallacy is capable of pulling a gambit like that, because we've discussed just such gambits together in a mafia chat before. The latest KWN. We are definitely on the same page when it comes to bold gambits. I think he'd say the same of me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2022, 08:00:35 pm »

To be fair, that seems a little too batshit for even a beginner BYOR.  Additionally sus because since that's miller-ish and you didn't claim it in your first post. 

Miller-ish? Sure. It's tricky because it's tied up in some other stuff about my role, and ultimately it's nowhere near as nasty as just plain alignment inspecting as mafia.

When Egan claimed, I decided I wanted to paint a more clear picture by adding in my own information.

But yes, I would pull a gambit like this if I was scum, and Egan would probably join me. Can't lie about that, we're exactly that kind of crazy, and this is WIFOM.

Regardless, I am town.

In all seriousness...
I know Fallacy is capable of pulling a gambit like that, because we've discussed just such gambits together in a mafia chat before. The latest KWN. We are definitely on the same page when it comes to bold gambits. I think he'd say the same of me.

Fingerguns but actually paw guns but actually wing guns. Exactly. Though I don't think you'd be quite this crazy.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2022, 08:05:21 pm »

Jim and Euche have apparently joined a spectator chat on us. Since they're in a chat together, they're informal scum and we should get 'em outta here.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2022, 08:05:41 pm »

I find it strange that TricMagic has been so quiet as of late. In the last game we were in, he was very active in making D1 claims and was very responsive in general. Though I've often said that inactivity is a very lukewarm way of building evidence, at least the other two very inactive players as posted today (NJW and Knigtwing)... Just a smidgeon-holey thought, but he's just likely busy with IRL things atm.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2022, 08:06:58 pm »

Jim and Euche have apparently joined a spectator chat on us. Since they're in a chat together, they're informal scum and we should get 'em outta here.

Focus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2022, 08:07:18 pm »

But yes, I would pull a gambit like this if I was scum, and Egan would probably join me. Can't lie about that, we're exactly that kind of crazy, and this is WIFOM.

Regardless, I am town.

Admittedly, that is probably something I'd go along with if me and you were scum together and both online at the start of the game. Maybe we'll get our chance in some future game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2022, 08:07:47 pm »

Focus.
fuc u
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 64