Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34860 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #705 on: July 18, 2022, 01:26:15 pm »

Max: I was doing my final re-read and getting ready to vote NJW and realized an oddity in last night's actions. I'm currently mentally in a rapid-pivot and am having some trouble resolving the sequence of events and motivations for them. currently kicking myself for not resolving this in my head fully earlier. I however also now realize that my question to you was nonsense as-phrased.
Okay. For the record, if he'd targeted me, he probably would have got no result, since I was hidden.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 18, 2022, 01:31:29 pm »

K, first, allegy headache something fierce today. Second. Looking back, yeah, Egan claimed first, not Fal. Also,

So to conclude, Tric has assembled something that looks like the product of a reread, but in fact he knew he was going to go after me anyway before he did it. He has no coherent new points about me except the claim that I didn't post much. He's created a giant post that suggests a lot of effort and evidence, but in fact does not seem to have properly read the thread. Many of the quotes he has used have very little beneath them, often only narration or repetition of other people's questions.
... I really question if I could even fake such a product, since it involves premeditation. But my wall was the result of chain of thought as I reread the thread. Even if it doesn't have content or just retreads points others have made, that's not intentional.

As for narration.. Yeah, I don't think it's on the same level of my Moony-hunt post. All I did was put my thoughts out there.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 18, 2022, 01:45:16 pm »

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's odd everyone is talking around me, but not engaging me?  Or am I just blind and missing direct questions?  I -did- just order new glasses for the first time in years.
As I kinda started, or was near the start, of a fairly general interest in eliminating you, I'll take a sec to answer this

I think it's because you haven't said much today? I don't have a question about the alignment-inspecting bodyguard action, and if it's real asking a lot about the mechanics of it might actually be scum-sided... I just think it's pretty suspect that you managed to both confirm and protect the person who happens to have the single vote today.

Shit... I did forget that Lenglon/FoU probably can't be true though, so ignore that in my last post.
Given Shake's inspect-bodyguard... it's quite unlikely. This is a bastard game though, so vOv

I assumed your vote was meant to be signalled as a low-commitment gut read. Do you want people to start taking it very seriously?

Well suspect me all you like; I can't do much about coincidences. 

And, in so far as my vote is concerned, it's the best thing I got right now. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2022, 01:47:00 pm »

So Fallacy's claim, to me, makes it feasible that Shakerag's bodyguard claim could both be true, yet not confirm the target.

Also, to be fair, as I think I pointed out it is possible I got bussed and not made aware of that.  All I know is that my action succeeded. 

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 18, 2022, 01:48:09 pm »

So Fallacy's claim, to me, makes it feasible that Shakerag's bodyguard claim could both be true, yet not confirm the target.

Also, to be fair, as I think I pointed out it is possible I got bussed and not made aware of that.  All I know is that my action succeeded. 
Oh yeah, duh. We even have one bus claim and I forgot about that possibility, heh.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 18, 2022, 01:48:50 pm »

Lenglon:  Going back to a very early question, since I've roleclaimed you can see that this is not the sort of thing I would be terribly excited about.  I suppose that's possibly having an effect on my gameplay.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 18, 2022, 01:52:49 pm »

Max: I was doing my final re-read and getting ready to vote NJW and realized an oddity in last night's actions. I'm currently mentally in a rapid-pivot and am having some trouble resolving the sequence of events and motivations for them. currently kicking myself for not resolving this in my head fully earlier. I however also now realize that my question to you was nonsense as-phrased.
If it helps, the ability used let me copy stuff, and also gave me an ability from my targets target, and so forth.

If I’m about to get elimd, I should make it clear that I did target FoU.

And now I have nothing I can use from it because FoU has mafiakills and Max wasn’t targetable by town so my ability just… stopped. You can check if this would happen with web if you like.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 18, 2022, 02:15:24 pm »

well I feel like I squandered my time now, but my pre-hammer-reread here has left me suspicious of almost everybody. Fun.
However, I failed to trust myself last time I was in this situation and ended up being throwing the game because of it, so I'm going to try to trust myself now.
NJW: here's why:

FallacyofUrist - inspected as town + attempting setup to fully confirm as non-godfather + town behavior -> town for today, but of note last time I was in this situation there was a super-towny player that manipulated my choice and was actually scum, and I feel like FoU has attempted to manipulate me today... but he even owned up to it so I really don't know. Lucky for me, this one should be mechanically cleared soon.
Knightwing64 - kingmaker, and everyone else seems to have a town read of them. I don't like how shakey this one feels to me personally and I feel like I'm overlooking something big here, but I'm trusting everyone else's read of Knightwing over my own because I just don't have a good read myself and everyone else's seems to have a consensus.
Lidku - My #1 pick for scum, and who I think performed the mafiakill, but they are needed in order to confirm FoU.
Maximum Spin - Set aside as FoU's problem to determine alignment, and I think they were the target of the mafiakill, and that their ability only notified them of the FIRST mafiakill used on them.
NJW2000 - My #2 pick for scum, and who I'm voting here.
Shakerag - I... wish I had better reasons to think he's town. He feels like Town!Shake to me, and I know that's just not good reasoning, but it's what I've got.
TricMagic - Unreadable in general, but the re-read and investment in looking for scum seems legitimate. But their posts are so difficult to understand that I just can't get a good feel for the thoughts behind them.

I know a reads list isn't a real reason though, so I'll try to do better here:

1) There is no mechanical confirmation of NJW's anything really. mechaically I've come to the conclusion that he does NOT have an action-inspect, he has "create a 1-shot copy of the ability used by the target". If he's town, he used it on FoU to try to alignment-check despite the miller claim. If he's scum, he used it on FoU because millers in general get stronger abilities to compensate for being millers.

2) NJW's scumhunting interactions have felt to me like they didn't have much basis or motivation behind them, and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of investment in them either. His defense and rebuttal has been quite good, But I still have lingering dissatisfaction with the way our interaction on Day 1 ended. I just don't see there being proper suspicion spread evenly, if that makes sense. What I see instead is hyper-focused suspicion in short spurts. It feels like the way scum artificially force themselves to hunt. The biggest problem to me is still that his Day 1 accusations just were not thought fully through, and he stuck to his guns all the way until the beginning of today. I'm very aware that this is a very emotional and unreliable reason for a hammer, but again, it's what I've got.

I really hate that my reasons look even to myself like really shitty ones, but I'm going to go with what I've got here, and hope that I'm right to have my current suspicions.

PPE: and NJW posted and confirmed that yeah, it was a copy. though it was a far fancier one than I thought it was.

my headspace still says that it's Lidku + (someone that used a very strong abiilty) because it just makes sense to make the weaker ability holder perform the kill, and NJW just listed off their ability as a very strong one. but.... ugh.

gotta commit. going with my first instinct. voting NJW.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 18, 2022, 02:47:39 pm »

Honestly, this was the third best outcome today.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 18, 2022, 02:50:16 pm »

Eight little birdies, out and about. One was sacrificed for clout.

Lenglon, now taken to clucking her orders, points at NJW2000 and orders him to the interrogation. She attempts to follow him in, but is suddenly stopped by Mother Hen, who quickly takes her crown back with indignity.

When Mother Hen returns, covered in stray feathers, she sadly shakes her head.

"You have undertaken many missions, but all of you working together have come to the wrong conclusion. Is it that maybe these traitors are the superior agents, thinning the herd for the better?"

She stares off into the distance, as a second crane snatches Shakerag, sending him to the rafters with Maximum Spin. She shrugs her shoulders and leaves the room, flicking the lights on the way out.

Vote Count
------------------------
NJW2000 - 1 - Lenglon*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

1 to Hammer. Day ends on July 18, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (5 hours and 22 minutes remaining.)

NJW2000 has been executed.

NJW2000 was Saturn’s Hexagon (Town).

Shakerag is no longer targetable by Town Players. (Alongside Maximum Spin.)

It is now Night.

NJW2000
Role:  Saturn’s Hexagon
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
{PT} (Auto) Extraterrestrial North Pole:  You have your own Santa here.  When you receive an Action, you gain a gift copy of that Action you can give away.  You may give a gift copy of an Action to another Player once per Night as a free Action.
Tags:  Trigger

{P10} (Used, Night) Eye of the Storm [target]:  You summon the power of Saturn's winds.  Gain a 1-Shot copy of an Action from the target.  Then, gain a 1-Shot copy of an Action from their target(s).  Repeat this Action until you hit a Player that has already been hit by this Action or no targets are available.
Tags:  Copy

{P3/P7} (1-Shot, Mafiakill) Mug [target]:  You mug the target, blocking them from making Actions, and then kill them.
Tags:  Kill, Block
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 02:57:22 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Night 2: Hexa Gone
« Reply #715 on: July 19, 2022, 05:55:16 pm »

Seven little birdies, playing in the park. One was killed when it got dark.

A few minutes later, as everyone was desperately searching for the light switch, you finally find it.  You sigh, relieved that the dark is gone, only to find ribbons of blood and limbs that you can only vaguely identify as Knightwing64.

You pause for a second to consider the possibilities, but the only one you can only remotely grab onto is murder.  That Mother Hen has trapped you in here with them is unbelievable.

Who could it be?

Knightwing64 has been killed.

Knightwing64 was God of Mafia/Bay12 (Town).

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - FallacyofUrist, Lenglon, Lidku, Maximum Spin, Shakerag, TricMagic,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on July 21, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~50 hours remaining).

It is now Day.

Knightwing64
Role:  God of Mafia/Bay12
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
(1-Shot, Day) Sacrifice [target/self]:  Mafiakill Actions can only be performed on the target or yourself during the next Night Phase.  Protections and Revives fail against the target.

{P6} (Used, Night) The Royal We [target]:  The target becomes Ruler during the following Day.  Only the Ruler is allowed to vote.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #716 on: July 19, 2022, 05:56:22 pm »

Lidku: I watched you perform the mafiakill last night.

and for those that want to figure out how reliable the action was, it was an action inspect with P5.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 19, 2022, 05:58:35 pm »

I did another thing of benefit to Lenglon last night, because I figured y'all were going to lynch me today.  She can verify what it is if she likes. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 19, 2022, 06:00:08 pm »

I did another thing of benefit to Lenglon last night, because I figured y'all were going to lynch me today.  She can verify what it is if she likes.
I VERY MUCH want to keep what it is to myself, and plan to take advantage of it immediately. It's a very nice thing.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 19, 2022, 06:00:34 pm »

Cool, I didn't get redirected.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 64