Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34851 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #750 on: July 19, 2022, 08:07:07 pm »

Still reading the thread, more to come possibly, if I have time.
Actually, I don't really have anything else to say now that I've finished. Lidku's looking pretty bad. I guess I just have to figure out who the partner is now.
Hm, let me consider that.
Options:
Lenglon - Almost certainly not. It would have to be some pretty spectacular bussing. Not that I couldn't imagine it, but it's not exactly Occam-approved.
Shakerag - I put him second because at first I thought it was second least likely, but actually I guess it's kind of plausible. It would mean that Shakerag decided to throw Lidku under the bus here, but, I mean, I'd do it in that position. Shakerag seems to be using this mainly as an opportunity to shore up his own town claims (like the Lenglon thing), which does give me the impression that he has the wrong motivations. I also traditionally suspect the second person to join a bandwagon for bussing (while he hasn't voted that I saw, he has expressed a general attitude of agreement), because of a tendency to want to look eager. This is all circumstantial and should not be taken very seriously, but I hope you can all agree that "kind of plausible" is a reasonable description.
Me - Least likely to me, of course, but I'll fairly put myself in the middle. I guess I can't come up with any really solid reason to argue against it, except that I think I was the first kill target, and otherwise it's hard to explain the lack of kill.
Fallacy - Not unreasonable. Fallacy reads town to me, but who can say? I feel like Fallacy would do a better job managing Lidku in the scumchat, but I don't really know for sure how good he is at it, or how intransigent Lidku may be. The failure of the Mug Protocol is concerning. Still, I just can't make myself suspect Fallacy first here when I townread him since the beginning.
Tric - I think this is fairly likely. First of all, I don't think Tric would be able to guide Lidku to better reactions in the scumchat at all. Second, they've been distancing from each other the whole game, but in a way that never quite comes to building a meaningful case or seriously risking a lynch. Even now, Tric is acting in a way that seems to be anti-Lidku, while kind of throwing mild amounts of dirt around at other people, as if he's hoping to look like he was on-side if Lidku does get lynched, but still wants a chance at getting someone else lynched. Tric also bluetexted Lidku, which fits in with what I said in Shakerag's line about wanting to look willing to lynch.

Max: quick question, if you had been hit by two mafiakills in the same night, would you have been notified of both of them?
Very unlikely. In fact, it being day 3 and probably MYLO, I'll go ahead and explain how my role actually works: It's the other half of Fallacy's action that caused me to hear about it. I automatically hide if I don't act, and, if blocked by an ability, learn who and what was responsible. If I hide on my own - which so far has been my only option, because I didn't come with any powers - then I give myself an invention; otherwise the person who blocked me gets it. Since Fallacy's "kill" was a block, it triggered my ability and he stole the invention (a roleblock). A normal kill would still not affect me when hiding, but I wouldn't hear of it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 19, 2022, 08:07:54 pm »

while he hasn't voted that I saw
Whoops, this stopped being true while I was answering Lenglon and I forgot to change it.
All other points still seem fine to me though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 19, 2022, 08:13:38 pm »

Lidku: Okay, if this is how you want to go about things, so be it.

So you mean to inform that your role supposedly just has multiple versions of Inspect, and no other tag abilities? I find that hard to believe.
This is rolefishing. I have not fullclaimed and have in fact specifically said today that I don't plan on claiming my abilities when I was commenting on what Shakerag did last night. What I have claimed is each individual action I've done after I've already done them.

-snip-
I was the one that was the one that was protecting Fal last night. And even if your claim of doing a "bus-like" ability on Fal is true, you would not have been informed of the Super Protect to begin with. You would just have a Protection effect on you like normal without being notified.

This was already something that was discussed between me, Lenglon, and FallacyofUrist. To prove my innocence, they made me use my 1-use Super Protect on Fallacy for the Night. Now all of a sudden I'm the one that did the kill?
Lidku, you just said yourself that the target of your protect wasn't going to be notified of your action. You should have known I was going to action inspect you the moment that I agreed to the plan, because that is the only way that plan could have actually cleared you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 19, 2022, 08:20:40 pm »

Lidku whispered to NJW, who told us Fal was Town.

When did I ever whisper anything to NJW? When, in the time when he was still alive, did NJW ever say that I whispered to him? Why would you make up something so bizarre?
... Opps. Leglon whispered, not Lidku. Why are you being so aggressive over that though? Like you've been all game.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #754 on: July 19, 2022, 08:23:05 pm »

Still reading the thread, more to come possibly, if I have time.
Tric - I think this is fairly likely. First of all, I don't think Tric would be able to guide Lidku to better reactions in the scumchat at all. Second, they've been distancing from each other the whole game, but in a way that never quite comes to building a meaningful case or seriously risking a lynch. Even now, Tric is acting in a way that seems to be anti-Lidku, while kind of throwing mild amounts of dirt around at other people, as if he's hoping to look like he was on-side if Lidku does get lynched, but still wants a chance at getting someone else lynched. Tric also bluetexted Lidku, which fits in with what I said in Shakerag's line about wanting to look willing to lynch.

I find this read very strange, considering since early-middle of the game, me and TricMagic have been at each other's throats the entire game. If you've claimed to have read my posts over again, Maximum Spin, why are you saying something opposite of what really happened previously?

Two times I've voted TricMagic as scum before in two separate days, with a middling argument on D2 against him to begin with. Mind explaining what you mean by this, Maximum Spin?

Lidku, you just said yourself that the target of your protect wasn't going to be notified of your action. You should have known I was going to action inspect you the moment that I agreed to the plan, because that is the only way that plan could have actually cleared you.

Well guess what, I didn't "know" because you never informed me of that, intentionally. Irregardless, I STLL would have used my Super Protect N2 on Fallacy as the plan specified. It's your word against mine and your Inspection claim would be MORE credible if you would have told Town that, Lenglon.

I'm sorry, but I never addressed you so directly. The only ones I have so far is FallacyofUrist, TricMagic, and Lenglon. My own personal claim for N2 was using my Super Protect on FallacyofUrist. Did you mistake me posting that referencing you at all?

Not you not answering my question.

My apologizes, but can you be clear of what you're asking? Because I didn't understand the context of your question, because I never addressed you at all personally and I'm mostly worried about my own actions last night, and what I'm being accused of.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 19, 2022, 08:24:16 pm »

When did I ever whisper anything to NJW? When, in the time when he was still alive, did NJW ever say that I whispered to him? Why would you make up something so bizarre?
... Opps. Leglon whispered, not Lidku. Why are you being so aggressive over that though? Like you've been all game.

This is a strange turnaround. Earlier before, you were one of the ones criticizing me over my passivity. Now you're framing I've been aggression all game? Interesting.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 19, 2022, 08:27:23 pm »

I think the scumteam might be Maximum Spin and Lenglon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 19, 2022, 08:30:05 pm »

I'm sorry, but I never addressed you so directly. The only ones I have so far is FallacyofUrist, TricMagic, and Lenglon. My own personal claim for N2 was using my Super Protect on FallacyofUrist. Did you mistake me posting that referencing you at all?

Not you not answering my question.

I'm kinda sorta thinking a Lidku and Tric scumteam.
I'd suggest backing that up Shakerag, cause if Lidku is town you're getting lynched tomorrow after that claim. Bodyguard didn't inform N1, even if you gave something to Lenglon today to get in her graces.
Not counting the fact lynching me tomorrow is a loss for mafia if Lidku is mafia, unless you manage to kill someone tonight. Granted, it is ALSO a loss for town if I'm mafia and Lidku is town here. You're going to need some strong evidence if you wish to pair me with anyone.

Lenglon[/color].]=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naim9F4010I think the scumteam might be Maximum Spin and Lenglon.
Wrong. Try again Lidku.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 19, 2022, 08:30:36 pm »

I'm sorry what?
As a reminder, FoU roleblocked Max N1, and NJW confirmed my claimed N1 action. So both of our actions are accounted for.
And Shakerag's N1 action confirms that I'm the same alignment he is.
So is Shakerag town or scum?

Again, the smart move for you Lidku is to calm down and think things through. Panic is not helping you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 19, 2022, 08:31:08 pm »

... Welp.
Wrong. Try again Lidku. (Like me.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 19, 2022, 08:32:06 pm »

This is a strange turnaround. Earlier before, you were one of the ones criticizing me over my passivity. Now you're framing I've been aggression all game? Interesting.
... Yeah, I've accused you of Misconstruction. It's a type of aggression, a very scum type.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 19, 2022, 08:32:33 pm »

If you've claimed to have read my posts over again,
Well, just to be clear, I'm not claiming that. I've read through one time, in the process of playing the game, that's all. But anyway,
Two times I've voted TricMagic as scum before in two separate days, with a middling argument on D2 against him to begin with. Mind explaining what you mean by this, Maximum Spin?
sure, voting someone for a while with no intention of allowing it to reach possible lynch levels is a common distancing tactic that even noobs frequently use. Especially when one of those days, you didn't even have a vote, so your vote was meaningless without some kind of argument to convince Lenglon. It's impossible to prove now whether you meant it or not. That's all in the past.

Also, why do you keep repeating my name? That's just weird. I'm not Bloody Mary.

I feel like this is really hard to justify with D1, let alone everything that happened afterward, but you do you.

Not counting the fact lynching me tomorrow is a loss for mafia
Uhhh, is this a typo or a really weird slip?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 19, 2022, 08:38:31 pm »

Well guess what, I didn't "know" because you never informed me of that, intentionally. Irregardless, I STLL would have used my Super Protect N2 on Fallacy as the plan specified. It's your word against mine and your Inspection claim would be MORE credible if you would have told Town that, Lenglon.
Lidku, there were two scum alive at the time. If I had said I was going to inspect your action your scumbuddy would have done the kill. I would only claim the action if I wanted to cause the scum to have to deal with WIFOM, and I generally consider that a far weaker play than just not saying things because it's easy to overlook stuff that people just plain don't directly claim. Actually, I would also have claimed the inspect if I was actually going to vigi-shoot you instead, but that's minor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 19, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »

I do not want the day to end in 6 hours. I do want to work out who the partner is and give Lidku at least a chance to make a case. There is one I think is a possibility. If Lidku doesn't bring it up...

If the mafia rn is Lidku, then if I do get lynched.. We're at 2 the next day, and my dead-vote breaks ties.
... Granted, I'm assuming Mafia doesn't auto-win in that scenario. And more likely they just don't kill that night. I spent D1 picking up that ability just so I could mess with the lynch at end game. If I'm mafia, you had better be damned sure Lidku is Mafia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 19, 2022, 08:43:26 pm »

If the mafia rn is Lidku, then if I do get lynched.. We're at 2 the next day, and my dead-vote breaks ties.
... Granted, I'm assuming Mafia doesn't auto-win in that scenario. And more likely they just don't kill that night. I spent D1 picking up that ability just so I could mess with the lynch at end game. If I'm mafia, you had better be damned sure Lidku is Mafia.
Oh, okay, I see what you mean. Tiny bit more towncred for you.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 64