Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34852 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #765 on: July 19, 2022, 08:45:50 pm »

I think the scumteam might be Maximum Spin and Lenglon.
And Shakerag's N1 action confirms that I'm the same alignment he is.
So is Shakerag town or scum?

Lidku:  I claimed my protect can only hit aligned players.  So are you ready to back up that either:  1) Myself and Leglon are scum, or 2) My protect got redirected?

I re-read both of these posts, and now I understand what Shakerag is trying to say. Admittedly, I got confused about his question, because he only said "aligned" and nothing else with no other identifying modifier. If he would have said "my protect can only hit Town algined players," than I could have answered promptly before.

For the entire game, it seems as if Shakerag, out of everyone, has been seemingly and on the low, has been at the beck-and-call of Lenglon; always softly agreeing with their reads or backing them up, even on D1 (before N1 claims could come into effect). That N1 claim of Shakerag "protecting" Lenglon, and that his Protection only is "alignment"-based, could be a cover to confirm Lenglon as Town to the Town.

My strongest suspicious of Mafia right now is a mix of Lenglon, Maximum Spin, and Shakerag. But the strongest team on my mind is Lenglon and Shakerag now.

Even FallacyofUrist has a small subconscious inkling of this:

My paranoia is saying it's a Lenglon Shakerag scumteam and we're fucked.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 19, 2022, 08:48:43 pm »

I think the scumteam might be Maximum Spin and Lenglon.
And Shakerag's N1 action confirms that I'm the same alignment he is.
So is Shakerag town or scum?

Lidku:  I claimed my protect can only hit aligned players.  So are you ready to back up that either:  1) Myself and Leglon are scum, or 2) My protect got redirected?

I re-read both of these posts, and now I understand what Shakerag is trying to say. Admittedly, I got confused about his question, because he only said "aligned" and nothing else with no other identifying modifier. If he would have said "my protect can only hit Town algined players," than I could have answered promptly before.

For the entire game, it seems as if Shakerag, out of everyone, has been seemingly and on the low, has been at the beck-and-call of Lenglon; always softly agreeing with their reads or backing them up, even on D1 (before N1 claims could come into effect). That N1 claim of Shakerag "protecting" Lenglon, and that his Protection only is "alignment"-based, could be a cover to confirm Lenglon as Town to the Town.

My strongest suspicious of Mafia right now is a mix of Lenglon, Maximum Spin, and Shakerag. But the strongest team on my mind is Lenglon and Shakerag now.

Even FallacyofUrist has a small subconscious inkling of this:

My paranoia is saying it's a Lenglon Shakerag scumteam and we're fucked.
... Welp.
Wrong. Try again Lidku.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 19, 2022, 08:50:27 pm »

Stop being ghetto, TricMagic ???

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 19, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Lidku - 2 - Lenglon*, Shakerag*,
Lenglon - 1 - Lidku*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin, TricMagic,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on July 21, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~47 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 19, 2022, 08:53:39 pm »

Stop being ghetto, TricMagic ???
No clue what that means, but I'll give you one more shot. As town, you're in a unique position to crack things. As mafia, well. It's something you could come up with if the circumstances are right.

Also, that votecount is good reason not to place a vote. A cornered scum could just hammer and end the day immediately.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 19, 2022, 08:58:01 pm »

Tric - I think this is fairly likely. First of all, I don't think Tric would be able to guide Lidku to better reactions in the scumchat at all. Second, they've been distancing from each other the whole game, but in a way that never quite comes to building a meaningful case or seriously risking a lynch. Even now, Tric is acting in a way that seems to be anti-Lidku, while kind of throwing mild amounts of dirt around at other people, as if he's hoping to look like he was on-side if Lidku does get lynched, but still wants a chance at getting someone else lynched. Tric also bluetexted Lidku, which fits in with what I said in Shakerag's line about wanting to look willing to lynch.

I do not want the day to end in 6 hours. I do want to work out who the partner is and give Lidku at least a chance to make a case. There is one I think is a possibility. If Lidku doesn't bring it up...
Let me add that I agree with this position and, while I think you are capable of making it as mafia, it does also improve my outlook. Actually, although I'm not going to give up a very likely lynch at probably MYLO, I'd be happier lynching the partner first if we can figure it out, since Lidku would still be there next turn and will, I strongly suspect, be a lot less dangerous without a more experienced partner. (And since we're all more experienced, that goes without saying.) No matter what, more time to get more information is best; and if we both agree to hold back from voting for the time being, then we can be certain there won't be a hammer. It does also make me think better of you since bussing scum are usually eager to be seen voting, like I said.

Incidentally, I have an alternative possibility in mind too, and I'm curious whether it's the same one. Care to drop any hints?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 19, 2022, 09:01:44 pm »

Not at the moment. Want Lidku to get one more shot at it before I list my own.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 19, 2022, 09:03:05 pm »

My apologizes, but can you be clear of what you're asking? Because I didn't understand the context of your question, because I never addressed you at all personally and I'm mostly worried about my own actions last night, and what I'm being accused of.

Literrally what I asked you before.  Fuck lemme find it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 19, 2022, 09:05:10 pm »

Yeha, lidku with the OMGUS and Tric chainsawing for Lidku.  I'm comfortable with what I said already.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 19, 2022, 09:06:04 pm »

Yeha, lidku with the OMGUS and Tric chainsawing for Lidku.  I'm comfortable with what I said already.
I don't see Tric chainsawing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 19, 2022, 09:06:45 pm »

Not at the moment. Want Lidku to get one more shot at it before I list my own.

I already said who I've suspected as Mafia. I don't see how being some appointed "arbiter" can change what I think so far. I think I'd be best if we hear about your list, TricMagic.

My apologizes, but can you be clear of what you're asking? Because I didn't understand the context of your question, because I never addressed you at all personally and I'm mostly worried about my own actions last night, and what I'm being accused of.

Literrally what I asked you before.  Fuck lemme find it.

Yes, and I give a reply after I fully understood what you were trying to say.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 19, 2022, 09:07:27 pm »

Panic more scum.  Do enlighten everyone as to why myself and Lenglon are the scummiest.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2022, 09:09:22 pm »

I don't see Tric chainsawing.

I hop on the Lidku train and suddenly Tric is all up in my shit? 

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 19, 2022, 09:11:16 pm »

Panic more scum.  Do enlighten everyone as to why myself and Lenglon are the scummiest.
To be fair, it was me and Lenglon until he was reminded that you're confirming Lenglon. So I don't think it's long on reasoning, if you follow my drift. :P

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 19, 2022, 09:12:42 pm »

To be fair, it was me and Lenglon until he was reminded that you're confirming Lenglon. So I don't think it's long on reasoning, if you follow my drift. :P

That said, Tric and Lidku look like scum playing footsies.  Going through the motions but not comitting.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64