Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34900 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #780 on: July 19, 2022, 09:14:33 pm »

Yes, and I give a reply after I fully understood what you were trying to say.

Pretend I'm really stupid.  Do you think Me and Lenglon are scum or I got misdirected?  Give a clear answer.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #781 on: July 19, 2022, 09:18:54 pm »

I think you missed my post, but I gave an answer to this already:

I think the scumteam might be Maximum Spin and Lenglon.
And Shakerag's N1 action confirms that I'm the same alignment he is.
So is Shakerag town or scum?

Lidku:  I claimed my protect can only hit aligned players.  So are you ready to back up that either:  1) Myself and Leglon are scum, or 2) My protect got redirected?

I re-read both of these posts, and now I understand what Shakerag is trying to say. Admittedly, I got confused about his question, because he only said "aligned" and nothing else with no other identifying modifier. If he would have said "my protect can only hit Town algined players," than I could have answered promptly before.

For the entire game, it seems as if Shakerag, out of everyone, has been seemingly and on the low, has been at the beck-and-call of Lenglon; always softly agreeing with their reads or backing them up, even on D1 (before N1 claims could come into effect). That N1 claim of Shakerag "protecting" Lenglon, and that his Protection only is "alignment"-based, could be a cover-plot to confirm Lenglon as Town to the Town.

My strongest suspicion of Mafia right now is a mix of Lenglon, Maximum Spin, and Shakerag. But the strongest team on my mind is Lenglon and Shakerag at the moment.

Even FallacyofUrist has a small subconscious inkling of this:

My paranoia is saying it's a Lenglon Shakerag scumteam and we're fucked.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 19, 2022, 09:21:23 pm »

Yeha, lidku with the OMGUS and Tric chainsawing for Lidku.  I'm comfortable with what I said already.
I don't see Tric chainsawing.

I hop on the Lidku train and suddenly Tric is all up in my shit?

He only did so because you bizarre claimed me and him being on a team, when the entire game we've been at odds with each other.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 19, 2022, 09:22:32 pm »

I think you missed my post, but I gave an answer to this already:

I think the scumteam might be Maximum Spin and Lenglon.
And Shakerag's N1 action confirms that I'm the same alignment he is.
So is Shakerag town or scum?

Lidku:  I claimed my protect can only hit aligned players.  So are you ready to back up that either:  1) Myself and Leglon are scum, or 2) My protect got redirected?

I re-read both of these posts, and now I understand what Shakerag is trying to say. Admittedly, I got confused about his question, because he only said "aligned" and nothing else with no other identifying modifier. If he would have said "my protect can only hit Town algined players," than I could have answered promptly before.

For the entire game, it seems as if Shakerag, out of everyone, has been seemingly and on the low, has been at the beck-and-call of Lenglon; always softly agreeing with their reads or backing them up, even on D1 (before N1 claims could come into effect). That N1 claim of Shakerag "protecting" Lenglon, and that his Protection only is "alignment"-based, could be a cover-plot to confirm Lenglon as Town to the Town.

My strongest suspicion of Mafia right now is a mix of Lenglon, Maximum Spin, and Shakerag. But the strongest team on my mind is Lenglon and Shakerag at the moment.

Even FallacyofUrist has a small subconscious inkling of this:

My paranoia is saying it's a Lenglon Shakerag scumteam and we're fucked.

So you're assuming scum!Shakerag has literally fullclaimed and said, twice now, that I'm giving positive actions to Leglon? 

Question:  Do you think I'm actually being -that- bold-faced this game then?  That I, as scum, would claim two days in a row that I'm giving positive actions to my "scummate"?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 19, 2022, 09:24:29 pm »

Yeha, lidku with the OMGUS and Tric chainsawing for Lidku.  I'm comfortable with what I said already.
I don't see Tric chainsawing.

I hop on the Lidku train and suddenly Tric is all up in my shit?

He only did so because you bizarre claimed me and him being on a team, when the entire game we've been at odds with each other.

Nothingburder.  Standard scum strat is to aggro each other at least a bit. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 19, 2022, 09:29:15 pm »

Lidku:  Additionally, do you think scum!Shakerag and scum!Lenglon would straight up both vote you early on in the day?  That's an awful bold move. 

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 19, 2022, 09:34:25 pm »

So you're assuming scum!Shakerag has literally fullclaimed and said, twice now, that I'm giving positive actions to Leglon? 

Question:  Do you think I'm actually being -that- bold-faced this game then?  That I, as scum, would claim two days in a row that I'm giving positive actions to my "scummate"?

Yes, I very much believe so, since almost everyone has seemingly eased Lenglon into their "Town" read. Nobody has strongly questioned them at all the entire game, which has allowed them to skirt-by for this long. Giving your teammate additive cover for the deception would be a boon for your team (and is, if I'm correct about you and Lenglon being Mafia together).

The acting "aggressive" bit was a rouse the whole time, to gain the unnecessitated trust of Town (and also, you were one of the first one's to agree with this behavior from Lenglon). This was especially suspect when you and Lenglon pivoted interest to get NJW lynched, even though he read very much Town or neutral by many others at the time before.

Lidku:  Additionally, do you think scum!Shakerag and scum!Lenglon would straight up both vote you early on in the day?  That's an awful bold move. 

Easy. Lenglon says a deception about my N2 action (which was me using my Super Protect on Fallacy). Either one of you did the kill. Then soon after as the Day opens, you both eventually blindside me with votes to gain some sort of reaction (which admittedly, you have, to an extent). All of which can be easily coordinated from a Mafia backchannel, which both of you are likely on.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 19, 2022, 09:36:15 pm »

... You're being very confident for someone in roleblock range Shakerag. That said.. Do you really not have any other options for scumteams Lidku?

Lidku, in regards to your latest post. You seem to be making a logical Fallacy.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 19, 2022, 09:39:08 pm »

Nothingburder.  Standard scum strat is to aggro each other at least a bit. 

Also, right after Lenglon, who was the first to vote for me, was TricMagic.

You saying that I could be on a "team" with him is even more shaky and suspicious, considering our behaviors to one another. I think you're saying to set me up to be the Lynch, then down the line of D4, get TricMagic next.

Me and TricMagic have been at odds with each other the whole game. I suspect him as Mafia for both days 1 and 2, but after your increasingly strange behavior, I think you and Lenglon are definitely the Mafia team now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 19, 2022, 09:39:23 pm »

Max I'm willing to take you up on looking for Lidku's partner in discussion only for today. I am not willing to give up a lynch on confirmed scum in order to take a blind shot at maybe-scum.

Having said that, the oddity last night of your interaction only has three possibilities:
A) FoU did not use Mug on you last night, so FoU is scum.
B) You are lying and Mug DID block you last night, and you are lying in order to avoid FoU becoming confirmed town because you are the last scum.
C) You are both telling the truth and a third party roleblocked FoU, and this third party is the final scum.

In the case of option C, we need to see who has un-accounted-for actions. My action is clearly accounted for, and I confirm that Shakerag's is, this means that in case C the only possibility is TricMagic.

As a result I believe we can fullclear both myself and Shake for mechanics reasons, pending Lidku flipping scum. Is this reasonable to you?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 19, 2022, 09:39:50 pm »

Lidku, in regards to your latest post. You seem to be making a logical Fallacy.

Can you please elaborate further?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 19, 2022, 09:44:16 pm »

... You're being very confident for someone in roleblock range Shakerag. That said.. Do you really not have any other options for scumteams Lidku?

Well, to run through the options:

I'm town.
I trust Lenglon is town (and if not then she fucking deserves to win)
Lidku is almost certainly scum
I think Lenglon is thinking FoU is town, so I believe her
Max got crained, so probably town?
Process of elimination leaves Tric. 

Without hard inspects, that's what I'm working with.

If I had to pick a second scum that isn't Tric, I'd likely go with FoU then.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 19, 2022, 09:47:20 pm »

Furthermore, my actions are pretty shit, so absolutely feel free to roleblock me then.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 19, 2022, 09:47:57 pm »

This is extremely shaky reasoning with no arguments to back it up, at all. You just think TricMagic is Mafia just from sheer "process of elimination"? This doesn't look very good, Shakerag.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 19, 2022, 09:48:35 pm »

This is extremely shaky reasoning with no arguments to back it up, at all. You just think TricMagic is Mafia just from sheer "process of elimination"? This doesn't look very good, Shakerag.

Cool, do better then.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64