Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34853 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #825 on: July 20, 2022, 01:16:25 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Lenglon - 1 - Lidku*,
Lidku - 1 - Lenglon*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin, Shakerag*, TricMagic,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on July 21, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~30 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 20, 2022, 03:19:15 pm »

Very unlikely. In fact, it being day 3 and probably MYLO, I'll go ahead and explain how my role actually works: It's the other half of Fallacy's action that caused me to hear about it. I automatically hide if I don't act, and, if blocked by an ability, learn who and what was responsible. If I hide on my own - which so far has been my only option, because I didn't come with any powers - then I give myself an invention; otherwise the person who blocked me gets it. Since Fallacy's "kill" was a block, it triggered my ability and he stole the invention (a roleblock). A normal kill would still not affect me when hiding, but I wouldn't hear of it.
Wait, did you gain an invention Night 2?

Post from phone
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 20, 2022, 03:21:17 pm »

If you're so sure about me being Mafia, why worry about a hammer at all? Wouldn't it make sense just to leave it?

First of all, I could be wrong, so better safe than sorry on MYLO.  Second, as Tric mentioned, running out the clock to get more discussion time is good.  That gives us all more to work with.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 20, 2022, 03:29:45 pm »

Max I'm willing to take you up on looking for Lidku's partner in discussion only for today. I am not willing to give up a lynch on confirmed scum in order to take a blind shot at maybe-scum.
Right, I agree with this. Personally, I'd take the shot if I felt it was really really obvious and eat the blame for the loss if it came down to it, but I don't really think it's getting to that point today anyway. Certainly the Tric Interaction doesn't rise to that level even though I find it suspicious.

On that point, gut feeling only, I wonder if Tric is throwing Lidku under the bus today.  I thought I had remembered Tric as being more defensive towards me last night, but on re-read I'm not getting that anywhere near as strongly now. 

I'm slightly surprised no one is suggesting no lynch for the day.  I thought that used to be the "technically best play" on MYLO?  Or did that change?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 20, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »

I'm slightly surprised no one is suggesting no lynch for the day.  I thought that used to be the "technically best play" on MYLO?  Or did that change?
I think it still is generally, but I honestly am just that confident that Lidku's scum at this point.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 20, 2022, 04:00:21 pm »

I think it still is generally, but I honestly am just that confident that Lidku's scum at this point.
I was thinking the same thing, yes. In theory, I'd suggest it, but I don't see the point now.
Wait, did you gain an invention Night 2?
Yes.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #831 on: July 20, 2022, 04:21:56 pm »

On that point, gut feeling only, I wonder if Tric is throwing Lidku under the bus today.  I thought I had remembered Tric as being more defensive towards me last night, but on re-read I'm not getting that anywhere near as strongly now. 

Is there actually any particular concrete reason why you think I'm supposedly on a "team" with TricMagic?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 20, 2022, 05:15:13 pm »

Is there actually any particular concrete reason why you think I'm supposedly on a "team" with TricMagic?

No, hence why I said it was a gut feeling.  I thought that was made clear?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 20, 2022, 05:42:24 pm »

Very unlikely. In fact, it being day 3 and probably MYLO, I'll go ahead and explain how my role actually works: It's the other half of Fallacy's action that caused me to hear about it. I automatically hide if I don't act, and, if blocked by an ability, learn who and what was responsible. If I hide on my own - which so far has been my only option, because I didn't come with any powers - then I give myself an invention; otherwise the person who blocked me gets it. Since Fallacy's "kill" was a block, it triggered my ability and he stole the invention (a roleblock). A normal kill would still not affect me when hiding, but I wouldn't hear of it.
To clarify, do you have to be actually blocked or just targeted by a block?

So the most likely situation is that I was blocked Night 2. Ultimately this means that if we're wrong about Lidku being scum, I'll be blocked again Night 3, which'll prevent me from having any shot at roleblocking whoever may be performing the scum mafiakill.

Is there any reason not to no-execute? Confident or not, you can never be 100% sure of things. I'm feeling pretty paranoid about everything going wrong right now. This is either our moment of triumph or our final step before our loss.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 20, 2022, 05:43:58 pm »

So the most likely situation is that I was blocked Night 2. Ultimately this means that if we're wrong about Lidku being scum, I'll be blocked again Night 3, which'll prevent me from having any shot at roleblocking whoever may be performing the scum mafiakill.

Is there any reason not to no-execute? Confident or not, you can never be 100% sure of things. I'm feeling pretty paranoid about everything going wrong right now. This is either our moment of triumph or our final step before our loss.

You kinda need to figure out who would have roleblocked you Fal. Getting nervous with the crane operator about to go?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 20, 2022, 05:55:42 pm »

As mentioned, I bypass the crane entirely. It was never really relevant to me, which I guess makes up for my weak role a little bit.

Ultimately I can't determine who blocked me, because the claims just aren't confirmable enough. If it's Lenglon-Shakerag then Shake could be doing anything with his actions while Lenglon covers for him. Max isn't actually blocked when I block him, because my actions fail when targeting his hide effect, so he could have blocked me for whatever reason. I don't think your action is confirmed either.
Generic Arms Race.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 20, 2022, 06:05:07 pm »

Actually blocked, sort of. As a matter of fact, I asked webadict about it at the time because I thought it was weird that you could block me while I was hiding, and he said that the roleblock didn't technically *work* on me, but "it's weird". So I'm not really sure how to define the interaction, but what I described is what seems to make sense.

Max isn't actually blocked when I block him, because my actions fail when targeting his hide effect, so he could have blocked me for whatever reason.
While this is theoretically possible, I can't act and hide at the same time, and even if you think I might be lying about that, it doesn't seem likely to me that anyone would be given that ability, since it would make that player immune to everything.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 20, 2022, 06:12:38 pm »

While this is theoretically possible, I can't act and hide at the same time, and even if you think I might be lying about that, it doesn't seem likely to me that anyone would be given that ability, since it would make that player immune to everything.
So this is why I trust you the most of everyone. You can't (reasonably) have performed the kill and can't (reasonably) have been the one to roleblock me.

... Of course, unpredictable role shenanigans are still an option, but barring that, you're the least likely to be responsible for confirmed mafia actions last night.
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 20, 2022, 06:16:27 pm »

What's your reasoning for a no-lynch here Fal?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 20, 2022, 06:28:09 pm »

What's your reasoning for a no-lynch here Fal?
A: The mafia cannot kill more than one person per night, or at least it's very very unlikely that they can.
B: We do not know 100% for sure that Lidku is mafia. It's a matter of 'do we trust Lenglon or Lidku more' and as much as I trust Lenglon more, my paranoia is tingling.

So sue me, I'm just nervous about the outcome of this game. No-executing narrows things down a bit more without any risk to town.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 64