Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34903 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Shake Up The Balance
« Reply #885 on: July 21, 2022, 09:44:36 pm »

I'm currently looking through last game's roles to see whether there are any powers that would apply. Tric usually more or less tells the truth about his role so I imagine that, even if he is scum, he's probably still using last game's powers.
... well, there is a roleblock-piercing super in the very first role on the document.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15f43w-WKOU6TZVnVwivhCSyWdur-HDsnZIjyIA_VQqk

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 21, 2022, 09:54:45 pm »

okay, now I'm back to gameplan: Lynch Tric First, Lenglon Dies Tonight, Tric Hammers.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 21, 2022, 09:57:54 pm »

I'm currently looking through last game's roles to see whether there are any powers that would apply. Tric usually more or less tells the truth about his role so I imagine that, even if he is scum, he's probably still using last game's powers.
... well, there is a roleblock-piercing super in the very first role on the document.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15f43w-WKOU6TZVnVwivhCSyWdur-HDsnZIjyIA_VQqk
In retrospect, I don't think that one makes sense, though, since it targets someone else, so we'd have to speculate something more complicated for that to be it.
More likely is my own role:
{PT} (Auto) An Entire Mind Game:  Welcome to WIFOM, population you.  Non-Kill Actions performed on you do nothing instead.
Tags:  Trigger

okay, now I'm back to gameplan: Lynch Tric First, Lenglon Dies Tonight, Tric Hammers.
I think this might be optimal. If Tric is town, then Fallacy most likely just lied about roleblocking him, and we know what to do next.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 21, 2022, 10:01:23 pm »

I think this might be optimal. If Tric is town, then Fallacy most likely just lied about roleblocking him, and we know what to do next.
Sadly it's not that simple. Town!Tric No-Action'd last night, so I'm not at all convinced that he'd be notified that he'd been roleblocked. Which is why I have to consider the possibility that FoU and Tric are both town and that you're the true scum. I consider this the least likely of the three possibilities, but I kinda have to mention it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 21, 2022, 10:04:16 pm »

Sadly it's not that simple. Town!Tric No-Action'd last night, so I'm not at all convinced that he'd be notified that he'd been roleblocked. Which is why I have to consider the possibility that FoU and Tric are both town and that you're the true scum. I consider this the least likely of the three possibilities, but I kinda have to mention it.
Wait, he did? That's a good point then. I must have missed him saying that so I'm going to go back and look.

... naturally, that means by the same token that I have to suspect you, as I'm sure you're aware.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 21, 2022, 10:06:27 pm »

TricMagic, you don't seem to have said one way or the other actually, so can you clarify whether you did anything last night?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 21, 2022, 10:15:18 pm »

... naturally, that means by the same token that I have to suspect you, as I'm sure you're aware.
yep, I'd have to have faked out Shakerag's bodyguard somehow, And Saibamen wouldn't do it considering that it just changes inspect results. Oh, and on top of that you'd have to pair whatever let me do that with the existence of Lidku's Saibamen ability. And with me bussing Lidku for whatever reason. And with me whispering NJW that FoU is town on N1 for no benefit to myself. So, possible, but unlikely.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 21, 2022, 10:21:08 pm »

And with me whispering NJW that FoU is town on N1 for no benefit to myself.
Oh jeez, right, I didn't think of that. I was 100% willing to imagine an "acts as town" auto for the reason I explained yesterday (and I'm not as confident as you are that Lidku's abilities couldn't be duplicated, since it looks like he could give them to anyone), but there'd really be no reason for you to do that whatsoever, that I can think of.

All right, so, with that in mind, from my perspective, the Tric thing will almost certainly work. So that's what I say we should go for.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 21, 2022, 10:29:39 pm »

You know what? I finally feel confident about this now. Let me up the ante with my last little claim.

I got a protect from my last hide. So I'm going to commit to protecting Lenglon, making me the only viable kill target. This will effectively guarantee that, if Tric is town, the final choice will come out all right.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 21, 2022, 10:33:01 pm »

I got a protect from my last hide. So I'm going to commit to protecting Lenglon, making me the only viable kill target. This will effectively guarantee that, if Tric is town, the final choice will come out all right.
(For the record, I was planning to do that anyway, I just wasn't going to claim it since I didn't want to get killed for doing it. But now I think it's better to set it up this way.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 21, 2022, 10:46:42 pm »

Max: I'm rapidly becoming fully convinced that it's FoU, and am considering voting him instead of Tric simply to avoid the risk of him having some way to double-kill tonight or double-vote tomorrow, but am very aware of how risky that is compared to the no-vote or lynch Tric options.
I definitely feel that. I think a no-lynch might be optimal, but... well, there's plenty of time so let's get as much information as possible, right?

Tric: lets pretend for the moment that Max has us all fooled, and is the final scum. Are you able to pick an ability that would prevent me from being tonight's mafiakill? It doesn't matter if you die because you can ghost-vote, but if you're the last townie standing then we lose. could you do it?

Barring another Super Action, yes. Dragonscale Cloaks are just that good. I would suggest Max Watch Lenglon, and Fal Mug me. Max will either see Lenglon be visited by me as I die, Die themselves, or I'll die. Or There could be no kill, but Max will be able to confirm I targeted Leglon.

... Actually, if Max watches me instead, then they will see Fal target me. Or not, in which case.. Still kinda dependent on Max being town, but it's a way to prove my own innocence. Kills would be blocked barring shenanigans.

You're welcome to argue I've been lying through my teeth the whole game though Fal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 21, 2022, 10:47:53 pm »

I did already give the report on web's answer. If mafia equals town, town loses. No vote in that cas.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 21, 2022, 10:58:20 pm »

10:50 PM for me here, so bit late.
TricMagic, you don't seem to have said one way or the other actually, so can you clarify whether you did anything last night?

Nope. The lynch Tric plan doesn't actually work given mafia just needs to equal or outnumber town. So..

TricMagic> Syncth Dragon Cloak for Lenglon
Fal>Mug TricMagic
Max>Watch Tricmagic
Lenglon=Townie

This should prove Fal the killer, correct? Either you or I die. Or that Bleed effect Fal has kills at end of day... But that still means we'd just need to pick someone.
Well, that or I survive due to this Bleed action being more delayed than is mentioned. If Fal is town, they would Mug me, preventing me from killing. Max can't self-kill, so they can't be the kill if Max is Mafia. So if Max dies, it's Fal, once again barring me lying through my teeth.

Most likely I die and Lenglon has to choose between two. This is kinda saying Max is town since it's reliant on them not killing me and claiming Fal targeted me. But night actions can probably solve that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 22, 2022, 08:07:58 am »

PfP

10:50 PM for me here, so bit late.
Nope. The lynch Tric plan doesn't actually work given mafia just needs to equal or outnumber town.

This deserves public clarification.

webadict: In a situation such that one town player is left alive, and one mafia player is left alive, does endgame occur if the town faction possesses two votes and the mafia faction possesses one?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 22, 2022, 08:10:41 am »

PfP again

Also Bleed Out says it kills at the end of the Night, not the end of the next Day.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 64