Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15440 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2022, 09:09:46 pm »

eh?
TRICMAGIC GOING 'MY ROOOOOOOOOOOLE OMG MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE' LEADS ME TO THINK THIS IS TOWN TRICMAGIC REGARDLESS OF HOW OBNOXIOUS IT IS.

I know it isn’t Tric. It probably isn’t Toony or you, possibly also not NJW. Maybe kinda sorta not Max.
Not sold on Jim.
You think me and Web are both town? Mmmm.

@Maximum Spin: Knightwing-o-meter?
I should be the resident Knightwing reader. :(

PPE:
I was actually going to accuse NQT and Knightwing of being the team in my first post, just on a silly whim. I'm starting to think it was right.
It's...possible.

GG mafia

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2022, 09:10:41 pm »

(I'm not going to put him in hammer range just yet, but I should unvote, it's probably not Tric.

I didn't really think it was Tric, but I thought that was the best way to find out.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2022, 09:15:54 pm »

I know it isn’t Tric. It probably isn’t Toony or you, possibly also not NJW. Maybe kinda sorta not Max.
Not sold on Jim.
Spoiler: Mafia Eyes Only (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2022, 09:18:27 pm »

Not sold on Jim.
I don't wanna be first kill again :(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2022, 09:20:06 pm »

Not sold on Jim.
I don't wanna be first kill again :(
Maximum Spin is mafia, confirmed. Got 'em.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2022, 09:24:18 pm »

I will be fair to NQT because he’s a Brit and I think the game started lateish there and NQT is probably unconscious just now.

just in case y’all are being serious, I am so tired
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2022, 09:38:33 pm »

I will be fair to NQT because he’s a Brit and I think the game started lateish there and NQT is probably unconscious just now.

just in case y’all are being serious, I am so tired
I am serious about NQT. Unless he can convince me the Law mafia is Tric or Jim or Max.

Max's auto seems to be hiding whether they're Law or Chaos (or Neutral I guess), so it's true they could be mafia and that all four of a respective alignment are innocent, so that's something I don't really want consider but will mention regardless. Max doesn't really have a reason to reveal their alignment, as it's beneficial to hide it whether they're town or mafia.

If Max really is Law or Chaos, then he knows there's at least one mafia inside Webadict/Knightwing/NJW/Hector and Jim/Toony/Tric/NQT.

This is why he says this here:
I was actually going to accuse NQT and Knightwing of being the team in my first post, just on a silly whim. I'm starting to think it was right.
This gives me the gut feeling that Max is legit and town.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2022, 10:02:22 pm »

I don’t think that’s the best gut read in the world because the conclusion that Knightwing and NQT could be a scum team could have been made by anyone, and indeed any combination of [chaos]/[law] players.

Except me, apparently, but I am a bit slow. I’ll blame it on being distracted by the kid.

What is it about what Jim’s posted so far that has NQT scumlocked though? I get Tric, you’re not going to out yourself so easily if you are scum, but Jim hasn’t posted much of use, however entertaining what he has posted is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2022, 10:30:28 pm »

Brief message as this is literally 4.30AM and if I hadn't been woken up by something I would still be deep asleep...

The key for me is that we know there is one scum in each alignment. I know I'm good, so my best bet is to clear other law members one way or another.

Parking a vote on TricMagic and am going back to bed.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2022, 11:50:22 pm »

MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROOOLE OH MY GOD MY ROOOOOOOOLE
eh?
TRICMAGIC GOING 'MY ROOOOOOOOOOOLE OMG MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE' LEADS ME TO THINK THIS IS TOWN TRICMAGIC REGARDLESS OF HOW OBNOXIOUS IT IS.

Will this ever get old?

Tric is probably town. I think Jim is too.

I probably don't need to ask this but I'm going to anyway.

Was TricMagic's miller claim and one line of rolerolerolerole enough for you to read him as town here?

Failing to detect/ignore facetiousness. Rolefishing isn't a scumtell for me, but this really is. Scum like responding to low-handing fruit, even if it doesn't go anywhere.

Are you really going to say it's suspicious that I couldn't tell whether you were being serious or not

For real

Web also recently told me he was one of two players to ever claim miller as scum on bay12... don't know how relevant that is, but we should definitely policy eliminate him today, just to be on the safe side.

Whew boy I wasn't ready for this reading your post.

Anyways since there's no vote to go along with it I can only assume you're not serious.

I would like to propose policy lynching NJW2000.

I will unvote but vote NJW2000 in spirit to go along with this.

It seemed to me that he also missed that neutral meant mafia, and thought that it was just a normal thing to admit to.

If he says he meant that he only investigates as a neutral, though, I'll reconsider.

I think TricMagic is capable enough as a player to not make that mistake.

@Maximum Spin: Knightwing-o-meter?
I just looked it over...
The Knightwing-o-meter reports mafia.

I trust this read if you're town but I never suspected you while spectating Beginner BYOR 2 so I don't know if I can trust you yet.

Also, Jim Groovester is liable to be scum this game. Imagine his name in blue because I'm too lazy to blue it myself.

Are you going to elaborate?

webadict doesn't elaborate.

Alright.

What is it about what Jim’s posted so far that has NQT scumlocked though? I get Tric, you’re not going to out yourself so easily if you are scum, but Jim hasn’t posted much of use, however entertaining what he has posted is.

I don't find utility arguments particularly compelling as a rubric for alignment.

But even if I did I've still been more useful than you, fight me.

I find NJW2000 and hector13 the most objectionable so far but since they're both Chaos there can only be one scum between the two of them. I think I pick NJW2000 between the two. webadict and Knightwing64 are both null but Knightwing64 seems pretty apathetic so far.

I need to pick one scum between ToonyMan, TricMagic, and notquitethere. I feel like it's not ToonyMan but I am terrified of his skill. I'd need to see more of TricMagic and notquitethere to make the determination between the two. TricMagic's role obsession is there but it seems muted compared to what I would normally expect. notquitethere is alive but sleepy.

Maximum Spin being ??? means we probably need to solve for him at some point. Not knowing if he's Law or Chaos complicates the solve quite a bit. If he were a third party it would make the rest of the game a lot easier since the ambiguity of what his alignment is wouldn't be there to wrestle with. He hasn't done anything I find objectionable yet though.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2022, 11:58:51 pm »

I trust this read if you're town but I never suspected you while spectating Beginner BYOR 2 so I don't know if I can trust you yet.
I am always completely trustworthy, especially as mafia.

That said, Knightwing hasn't posted much so I may revise the read with more data. It's still preliminary.
Maximum Spin being ??? means we probably need to solve for him at some point. Not knowing if he's Law or Chaos complicates the solve quite a bit. If he were a third party it would make the rest of the game a lot easier since the ambiguity of what his alignment is wouldn't be there to wrestle with. He hasn't done anything I find objectionable yet though.
The important thing is that I am town.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2022, 12:10:20 am »

@Jim: Prior to your most recent post, your main contribution was to complain about boring plays, complain about how I was voting arbitrarily while you were voting me because I was chaos, and there was probably something else but I can’t be bothered reading the thread back at this hour.

My main problem with Toony clearing you over NQT is the above combined with the fact NQT hadn’t even posted yet, -though their initial post and vote of a claimed Miller in what is probably getting to the tail-end of RVS is… questionable, as an RVS vote and probably beyond that also - and while I tend to gut read everything, I’m disinclined to indict (convict? There’s a word there I want to use and I don’t know if either of those are quite it) someone before they’ve posted, particularly when they’re being scumread over someone whose contribution was 90% shitpost.

It ain’t a mountain, but it’s a notable molehill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2022, 12:23:22 am »

Also I should clarify that someone being useful is them being useful in RVS, in other words doing things to get out of it quickly, which the shitposting, while fun, is not useful. *banal story about scum wanting to stay in RVS forever*

There’s no time for fun and games in mafia, it’s srs bznz.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2022, 01:12:21 am »

That's reasonable. Hector seems pretty town here.

You suspect Jim so you're arguing that suspecting NQT over Jim seems wrong when NQT hadn't even posted yet. I don't agree, but maybe NQT will prove me wrong tomorrow. Voting Tric is definitely not the move.

@Jim:
Yes. Tric is town! Knightwing is mafia! The die has been cast. The coin has been flipped.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2022, 01:19:21 am »

The important thing is that I am town.

Yeah, yeah, sure, of course, but I'd rather identify one scum between four chaos players and one scum between three law players, instead of identify one scum between four chaos players + Maximum Spin and one scum between three law players + Maximum Spin.

@Jim: Prior to your most recent post, your main contribution was to complain about boring plays, complain about how I was voting arbitrarily while you were voting me because I was chaos, and there was probably something else but I can’t be bothered reading the thread back at this hour.

My main problem with Toony clearing you over NQT is the above combined with the fact NQT hadn’t even posted yet, -though their initial post and vote of a claimed Miller in what is probably getting to the tail-end of RVS is… questionable, as an RVS vote and probably beyond that also - and while I tend to gut read everything, I’m disinclined to indict (convict? There’s a word there I want to use and I don’t know if either of those are quite it) someone before they’ve posted, particularly when they’re being scumread over someone whose contribution was 90% shitpost.

It ain’t a mountain, but it’s a notable molehill.
Also I should clarify that someone being useful is them being useful in RVS, in other words doing things to get out of it quickly, which the shitposting, while fun, is not useful. *banal story about scum wanting to stay in RVS forever*

There’s no time for fun and games in mafia, it’s srs bznz.

But shitposts are useful content and I'd rather have the shitposts over the

I don't even know what RVS alternative you're suggesting is preferable to shitposts.

Because shitposts give a glimpse into a player's attitude and how comfortable and genuine they appear to be, both important indicators for whether a player is town or scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21