Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15277 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2022, 07:14:26 pm »

Tric, don't be a doofus. Everyone can recruit dead player's demons. And nothing in the rules says anything about 3rd parties, does it? This isn't a bastard game.

I've finally had time to sit down and take a read back of the thread and everyone is right about  KnightWing.

KW, dude, people think you're suspicious because you post 100% reactively. Defense is losing play, it helps no one, not even yourself. If you're town, place a vote on who you think is scum and give some reasons.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2022, 07:15:31 pm »

I'll note this is not the case Max... If an enemy demon is weak to Light, I kill them. Loup-garou is the first example I hit that's a Neutral alignment. What matters is the demons' weaknesses, not the player's alignment.
I can categorically confirm that demon alignment in SMT has no bearing on player alignment in this game, at all.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2022, 07:24:36 pm »

ToonyMan and wubba sittin’ in a tree would either of you happen to have some insight on Jim and NQT’s propensity to bus their partner or not as scum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2022, 07:41:33 pm »

ToonyMan and wubba sittin’ in a tree would either of you happen to have some insight on Jim and NQT’s propensity to bus their partner or not as scum?
I don't think they would honestly. From my understanding bussing a mafia!Knightwing would clear 3 other players as town. Which means they're bluffing or we're wrong. It's too detrimental to go for.

Maybe NQT is town then, and NJW is right.

How you feeling Jim?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2022, 07:58:06 pm »

I don't think they would honestly. From my understanding bussing a mafia!Knightwing would clear 3 other players as town. Which means they're bluffing or we're wrong. It's too detrimental to go for.
I think they would. Don't go down with a sinking ship.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2022, 08:19:16 pm »

Okay.

NotQuiteThere

You voted me. And, I don’t trust you as much as web. Your pretty much a unknown to me. So there, boom. Vote.

Also, emotional blackmail? Oof, I wasn’t trying to emotionally blackmail anybody, I was just venting about what I perceived to be a unfair situation to me. I posted only a little bit cause I’m on a camping trip, doing camping things like getting bit by insects and eating s’mores.

So, I posted a few things, I come back and I’m getting voted by legit all of the smartest people with barely any chance of proving my townness, so of course I’m a little down. There is no out for me in this scenario.

I’m at a loss for what to do at this point, I at least wanted to use a ability for cool fluff, but I guess that won’t happen. Shame, MH sounded like it would be cool lmao

Derp.

Excuse me while I listen to emo music and hope that someone believes me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2022, 08:22:34 pm »

NotQuiteThere
Not an option.

You should be going after NJW2000, hector13, or me.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2022, 08:24:53 pm »

Um, why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2022, 08:26:14 pm »

Um, why?
Because one of those 3 is the most likely to be scum to you.

Also, I'm not voting NQT before you right now, so that's going to be a waste of time.

Take solace in the fact that you will likely be revived and prove NQT's innocence if you are Town!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2022, 08:31:16 pm »

Well, i think your town, and I got shot down when I voted for hector, soooo, by process of elimination…

NJW2000

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2022, 08:41:05 pm »

Tric, don't be a doofus. Everyone can recruit dead player's demons. And nothing in the rules says anything about 3rd parties, does it? This isn't a bastard game.

I've finally had time to sit down and take a read back of the thread and everyone is right about  KnightWing.

KW, dude, people think you're suspicious because you post 100% reactively. Defense is losing play, it helps no one, not even yourself. If you're town, place a vote on who you think is scum and give some reasons.

I'm not. Mafia use Negotiation, and if they know the name of the demons, it's always successful in stealing them. Even if the player they target survives.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2022, 09:24:47 pm »

Really? They'd settle for three confirmed town and a dead partner?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2022, 09:29:42 pm »

As opposed to seven confirmed Town? Yeah, probably.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2022, 09:40:44 pm »

Excuse me while I listen to emo music and hope that someone believes me.
Okay, how about this.

Of the people that suspect you, do you think any carry malicious intent? Who should we be wary of?

As opposed to seven confirmed Town? Yeah, probably.
Web.

Web.

If Knightwing dies today and flips mafia then I don't see how mafia can win from my understanding of this game unless they have some special thing and play perfectly. And they would have to play perfectly with me, you, Max, NJW, and Hector around for at least most of it.

Anyway...I want to see who Jim votes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2022, 09:51:08 pm »

Web.

Web.

If Knightwing dies today and flips mafia then I don't see how mafia can win from my understanding of this game unless they have some special thing and play perfectly. And they would have to play perfectly with me, you, Max, NJW, and Hector around for at least most of it.

Anyway...I want to see who Jim votes...
I mean, yes, they have to play perfectly, for sure, and by perfectly, I mean, they've gotta be fucking masterminding this shit, but I see no possible way if Knightwing is Mafia for him to be defended properly. Honestly, the first person to express doubts is gonna be super suspicious, especially if they're within the Law domain.

So, if you'd like to be the first to defend Knightwing, please, be my guest. I know I'm potentially over-trusting my intuition, but I'd like to think that I'm still giving Knightwing plenty of chances.

...Did you know that Maximum Spin has a really good theory about your play style?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21