Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15425 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2022, 02:51:56 pm »

I don't feel good about this one, but we'll see how it turns out.
Why? You're the Knightwing-o-meter. I will feel pretty dumb if he's town though since I don't think Knightwing has played very well.
The second half of this exactly. In every way he is matching his scumself, but his last few posts of the day don't read like outed scum to me. It wasn't enough to change my vote, but it's enough to make me feel like maybe he just did a bad job this time around.

I think it was the only possible decision either way, but I'll be annoyed if he's town and just played badly. You're supposed to level your meta in the direction of getting BETTER, not worse.

I feel like town should take this time to coordinate on recruitment, especially if Knightwing will cooperate and fullclaim now.
I dunno. If Knightwing is scum, I gotta kill one of Toony's demons. If Knightwing is Town... Uh, I guess I gotta shoot NJW2000's demon instead?

Personally, ToonyMan stepped up HIS game as well because he's looking a lot less like Mafia at least, but dang, I hope I didn't get tunneled on KW.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2022, 02:53:44 pm »

I will likely be recruiting demons just to weaken them if the mafia decide to recruit. Perhaps we should just have the remaining chaos players recruit the first demon, and the law players recruit the second?
No. Given that randomness is a strength to prevent the mafia from successfully negotiating.

As is NQT, one question to ask is is it worth it to revive Knightwing? You outed that ability way too early for my tastes.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2022, 02:57:33 pm »

As is NQT, one question to ask is is it worth it to revive Knightwing? You outed that ability way too early for my tastes.
If Knightwing is town, we just about have to revive him. One of the most important consequences is tying up a hypothetical scum NQT's action.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Night 1 -
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2022, 04:20:14 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Knightwing64: 5 (HAMMER!); hector13, webadict, notquitethere, Maximum Spin, TricMagic
notquitethere: 1; ToonyMan
NJW2000: 1; Knightwing64
Maximum Spin: 1; NJW2000
webadict: 0
Jim Groovester: 0
Toonyman: 0
TricMagic: 0
hector13: 0
No Elimination:

Not Voting - 1 - Jim Groovester

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 27, 2022 at 13:00 Pacific Time (~34 hours remaining).

One after the other, it appeared that almost everyone was homing in on Knightwing64 and taking shots at him. What was once metaphorical jabs soon became literal ones, as everyone's attempts to prove how much they believed in their cause quickly made them resort to violence. Like a school of sharks smelling blood in the water, they all tore away at him once he showed signs of weakness and hesitation, until only his mangled corpse remained.

"Ah! Good, good!" One person above them on a platform exclaimed as he clapped his hands with enthusiasm. "It's always good to see that God's followers can be just as bloodthirsty as Lucifer's! But did you kill one of the traitors, or simply murder one of your own allies?"

webadict took it upon himself to search Knightwing64's body for evidence. He soon found the victim's Demom Summoning Program and ripped it off of him before presenting it to everyone else. Two demons were captured within it, and within a moment or so they were quickly released.

"It seems the boy has failed," the first demon, Mother Harlot, commented upon seeing her former master's corpse.

"I'm not sure how he ever managed to convince us to lend him our power," the second demon, Baal, replied with a shrug, "A world without Law or Chaos surely cannot have been worth his own life."

"...Excellent," a second person from above on the platform coldly congratulated the group, her demeanor formal yet detached from the events that had just played out, "You have all correctly deduced the identity of one of the Traitors. God will be most pleased."

Night was now approaching. With one person chosen for execution, everyone was allowed to turn in for the night before continuing again with their investigation tomorrow. The abandoned building they were all taking refuge in with spacious enough for everyone to have their own private room...yet, the design was almost labyrinth-like. It would be easy for any one of them to move around in the night undetected. Where exactly were they, anyway?

Knightwing64 has been eliminated. His alignment was Neutral (Mafia).

Welcome, Knightwing64! You are a follower of the Neutral alignment, and thus a member of the Mafia. You will falsely represent yourself as the Chaos alignment. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Mother Harlot
Repel (2-Shot; Passive) - While Mother Harlot is in your party, all attacks that would hit you, including player kills, will instead reflect back onto the attacker.
Trisagion (1-Shot) - Can be used in place of the factional kill. A Fire element attack that kills the player and all of their demons. Cannot fail, be blocked, reflected, redirected, or protected against.

Baal
Tentarafoo (1-Shot) - Can be used in place of the factional kill. Inflicts Confusion on the target. The target will be Roleblocked and perform the factional night kill for you. However, they will target a random town member, and you will be unable to perform Negotiation and recruit the victim's demons.

Tonight, when submitting your potential action, you may also choose to attempt to recruit one of the revealed demons. If multiple players attempt to recruit the same demon and are successful, its power will be dimished and those players will receive a weakened copy. The demon will be added into your party at the start of the next Day phase, so long as you have room in your party (maximum of three demons).
NOTE: Law and Chaos (Town) players cannot use factional abilities or replacement factional abilities.
It is now Night 1. Day 2 will begin on July 27, 2022 at 14:00 Pacific Time (~24 hours remaining).

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Night 1 -
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2022, 04:51:07 pm »

Before long, morning had arrived. Once the Day had begun, the remaining survivors gathered around in the main hall of the labyrinth. Once everyone had arrived however, only seven of them had seemed to show up.

"Oh, don't worry about waiting for NJW2000," the Chaos leader called out to the group from above, "He won't be...available, today."

"In other words, his corpse was found this morning," the Law leader announced shortly, "No evidence was found that indicated he was against our causes."

Leaving little time to mourn, everyone was immediately thrown into the Day's investigation. With how successful Day 1 had been, perhaps they could find the second traitor today as well.[/i]
NJW2000 has been killed. His alignment was Chaos (Town).

Welcome, NJW2000! You are a follower of the Chaos alignment, and thus a member of the Town. You have your voice and your vote. In addition, you have the following demons in your party, as well as their abilities:

Agathion
Sukukaja (2-Shot) - Raises the target's evasion that night. All abilities and actions that target the player will fail that night.

Alilat
Status Immunity (Passive) - While Alilat is in your party, you will be immune to status ailments.

Tetrakarn (1-Shot )- If your target or one of their demons would die that night due to being targeted by an attack, the attack will be reflected onto the attacker instead.

Metatron has made his presence known! Everyone now knows that Metatron is in notquitethere's party!

Vote Count
------------------------
webadict: 0
Jim Groovester: 0
Toonyman: 0
TricMagic: 0
notquitethere: 0
Maximum Spin: 0
hector13: 0
No Elimination:

Not Voting - 7 - webadict,  Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, TricMagic, notquitethere, Maximum Spin, hector13

4 to Hammer. Day ends on July 30, 2022 at 15:00 Pacific Time (~72 hours remaining).

It is currently Day 2.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 2 - Beyond the Point of Redemption
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2022, 04:52:49 pm »

Jim Groovester

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2022, 05:02:29 pm »

Jim Groovester visited NJW in the night.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2022, 05:04:20 pm »

I Metatronned Jim last night and he must have had some kind of protection because nothing happened.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2022, 05:06:25 pm »

Unvote so we don't hammer before everyone posts.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2022, 05:15:35 pm »

I tried blocking notquitethere.

Jim Groovester visited NJW in the night.

Clearly I did not reach my intended target.

Metatron

So unless notquitethere can double act I guess he didn't do the kill so it's down to Tric, ToonyMan, and Max. No need to think too hard here since there's plenty of town resources left.

I say we start with ToonyMan but I'm guessing none of you are going to agree.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2022, 05:18:54 pm »

*shrugs* I’m willing to accept there were shenanigans afoot re:my result, and would like to hear from people prior to a hammer, but I would require a great deal of convincing to not eliminate Jim.

unvote
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2022, 05:22:48 pm »

I Metatronned Jim last night and he must have had some kind of protection because nothing happened.

Sorry about that, that was me. I cast Dia on Jim.

That said, any debuffs from last night that need clearing?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2022, 05:27:40 pm »

Does that mean you think someone of the law alignment or Max is scummier than Jim?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2022, 05:40:31 pm »

Actually you could tell us what Dia does. If I remember correctly from the game (well… Persona but it
/ the same demons) Dia is a healing spell, and if it’s a beneficial thing… why would you not use it on one of the three confirmed townies?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21