Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15443 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!
« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2022, 08:15:50 pm »

This game was a bit imbalanced by the fact hitting one mafia day 1 meant the entire group was cleared.

Question, would Law have won if they outnumbered Chaos by the end of the mafia. :)

There was a lot of fun stuff in everyone's roles that unfortunately didn't get to play out. Toony's Sexy Dance would've been chaotic, and Tric's Abdiel transformation would've functioned as a boss fight that would cause everyone to lose a demon every night.
Would need me to get Lynched for that. And you gave me Miller for whatever reason.   :D

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2022, 08:17:11 pm »

Jim was really the only sensible teammate for KW on D1 I thought.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2022, 08:17:59 pm »

Also I gave out a lot of demon-killing power so that power levels would decrease the further the game went on. There was overall a lot of power for town and mafia and had a lot of swing potential, but Knightwing getting caught early nearly turned it into a mountainous game, not much power actually got used in the end.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2022, 08:20:18 pm »

That was a difficult setup.

I think guaranteeing that there is one scum in a subset of players and another scum in another subset of players drastically reduces the number of potential teams up for consideration and would have made for a difficult time at all stages of the game regardless of how well we played. Without that, I think our odds of victory are still pretty iffy but I think we make it to lylo at least.

The setup's probably fine except for the town getting a huge amount of free information at game start.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2022, 08:25:27 pm »

Jim + Knightwing for me, thanks.
Well, well, well... Looks like I was right after all!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2022, 08:25:58 pm »

This game was a bit imbalanced by the fact hitting one mafia day 1 meant the entire group was cleared.

Question, would Law have won if they outnumbered Chaos by the end of the mafia. :)

There was a lot of fun stuff in everyone's roles that unfortunately didn't get to play out. Toony's Sexy Dance would've been chaotic, and Tric's Abdiel transformation would've functioned as a boss fight that would cause everyone to lose a demon every night.
Would need me to get Lynched for that. And you gave me Miller for whatever reason.   :D
I put in some red herrings to imply that alignment Millers could exist so that no one could be considered clear, unfortunately that didn't really play out.

Technically, Law vs Chaos wasn't a win condition, someone pointed it out earlier that it might not factor into the game much and they were correct. It was mainly meant to inspire paranoia.

You received Miller since I've been vocal in the past how I don't care for Millers, and figured it might be more effective if the town tried to meta read the mod here and had reason to believe a Miller wouldn't exist.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2022, 08:27:40 pm »

Not sure how you do that but for the record I wouldn't have believed you if not for some accidental spoiling.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2022, 08:30:48 pm »

That was a difficult setup.

I think guaranteeing that there is one scum in a subset of players and another scum in another subset of players drastically reduces the number of potential teams up for consideration and would have made for a difficult time at all stages of the game regardless of how well we played. Without that, I think our odds of victory are still pretty iffy but I think we make it to lylo at least.

The setup's probably fine except for the town getting a huge amount of free information at game start.
If I ever ran it again, I think the setup works out better with no publicly known alignments. I wanted it to help balance against Negotiation giving scum more power but a Day 1 elim also crushes that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2022, 08:32:54 pm »

It didn’t help that KW made no effort and gave up early doors, which made it very easy to eliminate him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2022, 08:35:19 pm »

It didn’t help that KW made no effort and gave up early doors, which made it very easy to eliminate him.
Knightwing is just new to being scum. He was doing GREAT after he had been functionally caught. If he had pulled that out earlier, NQT probably would've been executed, and then who knows how the game would've gone.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2022, 08:38:33 pm »

Chat server because I forgot to post it: https://discord.gg/8XHksqDE

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2022, 08:41:16 pm »

Knightwing is just new to being scum. He was doing GREAT after he had been functionally caught. If he had pulled that out earlier, NQT probably would've been executed, and then who knows how the game would've gone.
It's true. I didn't want to hammer Knightwing at the end because it would have been really bad if he was town and I wasn't 100% sure.

Friendly reminder that TricMagic has once again protected a mafia member from me targeting them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 08:43:51 pm by ToonyMan »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2022, 08:44:15 pm »

Maybe I should have claimed I was a Law miller like I was thinking. I don't know if it would have worked and I don't remember all the reasons I decided not to. I think I was thinking without knowing Maximum Spin's true alignment it was dangerous. I really could've used the WIFOM.

*sigh*

*unenthusiastic clapping*

It's true. I didn't want to hammer Knightwing at the end because it would have been really bad if he was town and I wasn't 100% sure.

I'm going to claim mild success in coaching him then.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2022, 08:46:21 pm »

Yeah, by the end of d1 web had me convinced it was either Jim or Toony, so I decided to use the shot since it would effectively either confirm or clear. Until Toony mentioned the endure, I had figured it must not have hit and it was Jim, so that could've really gone sideways if web hadn't cleared up that he did the same thing. :P

Glad Knightwing was actually scum and didn't just get worse at the game, too. I would've felt just a little bad if he were town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2022, 09:05:25 pm »

Friendly reminder that TricMagic has once again protected a mafia member from me targeting them.
I feel like TricMagic does these things ON PURPOSE. Like, there's no way, right?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21