Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Epic Free Game of the Week  (Read 34368 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Free Game of the Week
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2023, 06:58:33 pm »

I had run into a bug around one of the early missions in which you need to get rid in other ways of one of the leading inquisitor, but out of this one i was lucky as the game went bug free in all the further missions.

But frankly even if you gave up because you were unlucky to run into some bugs, Dishonored is really worth giving another try as the campaign is really good with the sneaking around and the various powers you'll learn or improve along them that allow to take some different approach to objectives, and its missions are very varied in environment.
And it came with all the DLC, meaning you have another big and good campaign with it(through The Knife of Dunwall + The Brigmore Witches)
Basically it has enough content to keep a player occupied for a long time if you like this kind of gameplay.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2023, 07:04:14 pm »

They are absolutely worth playing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2023, 08:42:11 pm »

I had run into a bug around one of the early missions in which you need to get rid in other ways of one of the leading inquisitor, but out of this one i was lucky as the game went bug free in all the further missions.

But frankly even if you gave up because you were unlucky to run into some bugs, Dishonored is really worth giving another try as the campaign is really good with the sneaking around and the various powers you'll learn or improve along them that allow to take some different approach to objectives, and its missions are very varied in environment.
And it came with all the DLC, meaning you have another big and good campaign with it(through The Knife of Dunwall + The Brigmore Witches)
Basically it has enough content to keep a player occupied for a long time if you like this kind of gameplay.

Oh yeah, agreed. I'm sure it's got hundreds of hours worth in the first fucking buggy-ass mission alone.

I should definitely keep running into a wall playing some game that doesn't work. Better use of my time than playing a good game instead.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2023, 06:43:33 am »

Whatever floats your boat.
Still a fantastic game.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2023, 10:41:31 am »

Dishonored is an amazing game, yeah. But such is the way of living -- opinions are a bitch.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2023, 08:19:44 pm »

I mean, "I don't want to waste time playing the game because it keeps messing up and wasted a ton of my time" is a very solid opinion.
Like I played the first game, and I liked it a bunch (although I went for a low chaos stealth play where I pretty much didn't kill anyone until like the last mission, only to realize at that point that using all your powers and actually fighting is way more fun then sneaking around hiding for hours and that the whole thing would have been much more enjoyable if I had just played it like a regular game), but if it kept losing me progress over and over I wouldn't just pointlessly try to keep playing it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2023, 09:36:10 am »

This week we have 2 puzzle games.

First is Out of Line, which looks like it's got some platforming and possibly aiming mixed with the puzzles. It's a side-scroller.

Second is The Forest Quartet. It's about the 3 remaining members of your band, and the troubles they've had since you died. You can drag stuff around. It looks like the puzzles are "get things in the right location" types. I didn't see anything timing based in the preview.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2023, 08:22:07 pm »

This week we've got Model Builder (build model planes, cars, etc.) and Soulstice.

Soulstice sounds like a souls-like, and you appear to be armed with one of the dumber swords from FF7 and are wearing armor that covers your chest and half of one arm (including the hand, but not the most delicate bits). It's also described as a coming-of-age tale of two sisters whose souls/bodies have been fused so you can fight monsters. Obviously, I need to play this game.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2023, 06:29:39 pm »

This week's game is Godlike Burger. It's one of those flash-style make burgers, sell burgers, upgrade kitchen games that requires Windows 10.

Also, if you don't leave witnesses, you kill your customers for ingredients.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2023, 10:09:29 am »

Tried out soulstice and godlike burger. Soulstice isn't a souls-like, despite the name. It's a combo based score keeping fighting game, not a genre I've played a lot of but I think more like devil may cry or the batman games then like darksouls. Seems okay if you like that sorta thing.

I've played games where you run a restaurant and sell the flesh of your customers before, but it's quite a charming idea so I wanted to like godlike burger. On my first try though I found the controls unbearably awkward, in retrospect I suppose you're suppose to use a controller, so I'll try that next time I give it a try. Was left with a little bit of a negative impression from what I have played.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2023, 02:07:25 pm »

Tried out soulstice and godlike burger. Soulstice isn't a souls-like, despite the name. It's a combo based score keeping fighting game, not a genre I've played a lot of but I think more like devil may cry or the batman games then like darksouls. Seems okay if you like that sorta thing.

I've played games where you run a restaurant and sell the flesh of your customers before, but it's quite a charming idea so I wanted to like godlike burger. On my first try though I found the controls unbearably awkward, in retrospect I suppose you're suppose to use a controller, so I'll try that next time I give it a try. Was left with a little bit of a negative impression from what I have played.

Yeah, I'm actually interested in running Soulstice, because it looks so silly. It's a game; having fun with it is the point. Cool to hear it's not actually a souls-like.

Godburger looks like they tried real hard to make it fake 3d, so I'm not surprised the controls were over-complicated for a game where WASD should be more than enough. Same reason I was joking about it being a flash game that needed the newest DirectX and Windows 10 to handle the graphics engine. Too much effort into things that are not only unnecessary, but make the game worse.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2023, 02:51:26 pm »

This week we have:
Blazing Sails - a pirate-themed battle royale game.
Q.U.B.E. 10th edition remake and Q.U.B.E. 2, inlcuding DLC. They're first-person puzzlers.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2023, 08:02:45 pm »

This week we got 2 games.

Eternal Threads is a first-person puzzle game about timelines. Sounds cool, although I'd probably have heard about it if it was as great as I hope it is.

The Evil Within is a Resident-Evil-like game by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2023, 09:17:14 pm »

Evil Within is definitely worth playing.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2023, 12:21:36 pm »

Looks like next week they'll give away the sequel Evil Within 2
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17