Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Era of Diesel:RE2 Discussion Thread!  (Read 2326 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Diesel:RE2 Nation-states needed!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 07:48:27 am »

I... still haven't recovered from last time.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 07:49:57 am »

You survived longer than Tric and he played twice, that's an achievement :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 08:28:04 am »

Name: The Free Unified People's Democratic Republic
Leader's Name: Mr. President
Government Type: Dictatorship
Starting Tech: Mass Conscription Doctrine
Traits (0): [Dictatorship (2)][Huge (3)][Backwards (-1)][Traditional (-1)][Expansionist (1)][Secret Project (1)]
Capital Province #: 22
Other Provinces: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24
National Color: #707070
History: After a lengthy series of bloody civil wars and ethnic purgings, the troubled land to the north-east has been finally solidified into a cohesive union of like-minded peoples under the caring guidance of Mr. President.  The land was renamed to the Free Unified People's Democratic Republic, and all were happy knowing the Good Guys won and all is well.  The FUPDR is eager to make friendships and alliances with all like-minded neighbors and definitely, totally won't impinge upon their borders to cover up any internal unrest.

Anyone interested in treaties?

And there goes my easy game start. Wanted to build academies first, but guess it's forts instead.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 01:41:51 pm »

Uhhh really though, don't see where it says how many armies we start with, just that we deploy them on turn 0. So presumably we start up to cap with them.

Starting armies are dependent upon nation size; see the "Size" section of the nation traits spoiler. For a Large nation, the starting amount is 5.

Look at how the cat girls are trying to deceive you, Kashyyk. Obviously I'm the only one you can trust.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 01:43:46 pm »

If you can't trust the cat girls, who can you trust?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2022, 02:00:46 pm »

-snip-

The Free Unified People's Democratic Republic is happy to extend treaties of friendship and progress to the Kingdom of Here.  In such a dangerous and hostile world we must all be vigilant against threats both outward and inward, both present and lurking.  The Free United People's Democratic Republic is grateful to know other peace-loving nations exist and are willing to work with us to achieve a better world for all.

We were hoping you'd prefer a Max Army Limit treaty, but we are open to other treaty types.

Starting Tech: Mass Conscription Doctrine

This isn't Civilization 2, Conscription is not a tech :P

Ah, I didn't know where to declare the doctrines, and I didn't see any guidance on how starting techs work.  My apologies.

And there goes my easy game start. Wanted to build academies first, but guess it's forts instead.

?

What are you talking about? The Free Unified People's Democratic Republic is a peaceful country led by a peace-loving and duly elected Mr. President.  We seek only mutual cooperation with our neighboring countries to achieve a better world for all, and any build-up of military on our borders will be considered a threat.  Please, Great Tree, we desperately implore you to consider diplomacy as your first course of action.  There is no reason for this saber-rattling, as only the people suffer from rhetoric.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 02:04:11 pm by evictedSaint »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2022, 02:03:46 pm »

Would our fellow democracy be interested in an RP treaty? It's free money.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2022, 02:05:50 pm »

Would our fellow democracy be interested in an RP treaty? It's free money.

We are already in negotiation with the Kingdom of Here for a treaty - unless you'd prefer a Max Army Limit treaty, in which case we would happily accept immediately!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2022, 02:28:06 pm »

Army Limit works for me. For freedom!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2022, 02:29:56 pm »

For peace!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2022, 02:56:28 pm »

Kashyyk, The Kingdom of Here extends an offer of a +1 Province Improvement/turn treaty with you. Obviously, the Kingdom of Here would still formally be at war with the Republic of Reme, but it would be a cold war. I'll also throw in the following defense guarantee: if the Kingdom of Here ever invades the Republic of Reme, the Kingdom of Here will immediately declare war on itself.
Agreed! As allies in trade, in such a aituation we will even declare war on those who declare war on the Kingdom of Here.

Counterpoint: Kashyyk, how about an Army Limit treaty? That'll help you defend against the godless Heretics, with a whole extra 2 armies at game start.

In fact, you'll need it to stand on even ground, since the Heretics have two more factories than you...
Would you instead be interested in a Research Treaty?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2022, 03:00:37 pm »

For trees!

If you aren't going to put armies on the shores, I'm fine. So 17, 18, and 10 are off limits. In return I won't station any at 14. 12's kinda inevitable given it's my capital though. But don't have any wish to cross the shores, so it shouldn't be too bad?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2022, 03:08:07 pm »

Would you instead be interested in a Research Treaty?
Unfortunately we have reached our trade capacity at this time. Please stay tuned for a decade or so, our thaumimechanics theorize that we may be able to harness the singing of the stars for additional long-range diplomacy.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2022, 03:59:54 pm »

Kashyyk, The Kingdom of Here extends an offer of a +1 Province Improvement/turn treaty with you. Obviously, the Kingdom of Here would still formally be at war with the Republic of Reme, but it would be a cold war. I'll also throw in the following defense guarantee: if the Kingdom of Here ever invades the Republic of Reme, the Kingdom of Here will immediately declare war on itself.
Agreed! As allies in trade, in such a aituation we will even declare war on those who declare war on the Kingdom of Here.

Sounds good! Let's make it official:

Mutual Production Pact Between The Kingdom of Here and The Republic of Reme
1. Let it be known that, although The Kingdom Of Here remains in a state of war with Reme, Reme is officially deprioritized as a target of conquest, and shall be granted the status of best frenemy.
2. To further the mutual goals of our two nations of bringing the glory of industry to the world and fighting against the evil forces of There, our two nations will engage in trade of materials and expertise amounting to an increase of one (1) extra province improvement per turn for each.
3. Shall The Kingdom of Here ever invade the borders of The Republic of Reme, the Kingdom of Here will immediately declare war on itself.
4. In the event that provision 3 is ever triggered, The Republic of Reme will immediately declare war on The Kingdom of Here for daring to attack their favored ally, The Kingdom of Here.

Signed, Her Royal Majesty, Queen Alicia Of Hearts

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2022, 04:24:13 pm »

The Free People's Democratic Republic applauds The Kingdom of Here's excellent diplomatic efforts and holds them up as a shining beacon of peace, through which the rest of the world should endeavor to mimic.  Truly great.

Would The Kingdom of Here wish to enter into a similar pact with The Free People's Democratic Republic?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5