Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update  (Read 25626 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2023, 09:45:06 am »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Wreck eggs up with my bat! Cast Yeqselk Gottem Gyrbylert to hopefully summon a loyal magicarp, and order it to kill the eggs! Or at least try to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 3
« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2023, 02:40:46 pm »

My spell continues
Fourth, I need the weapon to be able to fire, to ignite the powder and propel the shot, for the mechanisms to make the necessary spark. Also, now's the time to infuse the essence I saved for this, to help keep the spell stable, strong, and controlled.
note to GM: this is the +1C /+1P essence
"[Taqquin]-"
Fifth, the weapon as a whole needs to be refined and turned into my fire spear, my firearm, my weapon
"Toktok-"
Sixth, when the weapon fires, it needs the shots to be powerfully propelled, burning with energy
"Taqquin-"
Seventh, and finally, my shots must be sharp. Both in terms of accuracy, and in terms of penetration power.
"Myne!"
And with my thoughts and will to guide the spell, I believe this will create the weapon I'll want to use against the Outsider threat here.
Upon completion of the cast, I'll take a few moments to survey the result, taking an in-depth look at how the different words were integrated into the end result, and how close the product matches my guiding thoughts and intentions.
Only once the inspection is complete, will I be taking my weapon with me, and heading into the spider's den.

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 02:45:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 11
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2023, 04:33:23 pm »

Heavenly Clerk scratches the back of her head as she looks at the vine "Huh... Guess I need to watch where I'm going!" Clerk gives off a nervous chuckle before focusing on the eggs "Right! Time to deal with the icky... gross... spider eggs... I'm uhhh just going to pretend its bubble wrap!"

Go pop that bubble wrap that totally isn't icky gross slimy evil spider eggs or anything like that!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 11
« Reply #333 on: November 11, 2023, 09:18:25 am »

Luna's Vestige glowers at the nightmarish eggs, frustrated by their resilience... and her own impotence.  She pays no heed to her allies as they attack the eggs in various ways, entirely absorbed in puzzling out how to damage the eggs most efficiently.  Clearly, her role here is specifically to destroy things like this, so she must be capable of it.  And not by just smashing one or two at a time.  She's made to do more.  Or her magic is, at the very least.

Her gaze falls to the bandages on her left arm, and the glowing strings weaving out from under them to wind around her body.  Strings that distort, right.  She slowly takes a deep breath, then steps up to one of the eggs, resting her bandaged hand on its surface, and then whispers a spell.

Cast these two spells, each as an enchantment on one of the outsider eggs.  Try to choose eggs which have a lot of others lined up behind them. "Ulvulme Nevbek.  Ulvulme Wendelnelve."

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 12
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2023, 12:19:21 am »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 88
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 61
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 56+20-20=56
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 29
Skylord (Devastator): 28

Luna's Vestige glowers at the nightmarish eggs, frustrated by their resilience... and her own impotence.  She pays no heed to her allies as they attack the eggs in various ways, entirely absorbed in puzzling out how to damage the eggs most efficiently.  Clearly, her role here is specifically to destroy things like this, so she must be capable of it.  And not by just smashing one or two at a time.  She's made to do more.  Or her magic is, at the very least.

Her gaze falls to the bandages on her left arm, and the glowing strings weaving out from under them to wind around her body.  Strings that distort, right.  She slowly takes a deep breath, then steps up to one of the eggs, resting her bandaged hand on its surface, and then whispers a spell.

Cast these two spells, each as an enchantment on one of the outsider eggs.  Try to choose eggs which have a lot of others lined up behind them. "Ulvulme Nevbek.  Ulvulme Wendelnelve."

Perhaps you're going about this wrong. If your magic is proving ineffective, perhaps you're simply using it counter to its purpose. You concoct new ideas.

(Power: 6)
(Control: 3+1=4)

You tap the first of the two eggs you've selected and incant your Words, and in a wave of purple, the egg is sealed within a large, egg-shaped casket made from purple energy, and your finger slips by it.

Undeterred but perhaps a bit bothered, you tap a second egg.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 3+1-1=3)

The egg twitches, spinning just a little bit sideways before falling still.

Now, what are you supposed to make of that?

Wreck eggs up with my bat! Cast Yeqselk Gottem Gyrbylert to hopefully summon a loyal magicarp, and order it to kill the eggs! Or at least try to.

It's egg-breaking time.

(Power: 6)
(Control: 2+1=3)

A huge blob of glacier-cold water materializes, settling on the ground before squeezing itself into a fish. With fin-wings, and horns.

That fish is trying very hard to be a mini-water-dragon.

Alright, now kill the eggs!

(Authority: Insufficient)

Something in you grasps at what you've just created, but it's just not enough, and the dragon-water-fish suddenly turns at you and looks pissed.

Oh, carp.

(Hydrojet: 5)
(Evasion: 6)

The dragon-water-fish bounces off the ground, becoming more water than fish and more fish than dragon, but when it's moving that fast, it'll probably hurt a lot.

You do the natural thing and bat it, and its freshly formed fangs, out of the air with your waterbat, right into three of the eggs. Score!

You happen to glance at your bat, where you notice Bob's tiny nub-horns. Bob is snarling at the new fish you just created, not that you can hear Bob through the bat.

Your fins feel oddly less twitchy, and you feel one, and notice it's not a fin, it's a horn. Nope, it's a fin again. Weirdly inconsistent.

My spell continues
Fourth, I need the weapon to be able to fire, to ignite the powder and propel the shot, for the mechanisms to make the necessary spark. Also, now's the time to infuse the essence I saved for this, to help keep the spell stable, strong, and controlled.
note to GM: this is the +1C /+1P essence
"[Taqquin]-"
Fifth, the weapon as a whole needs to be refined and turned into my fire spear, my firearm, my weapon
"Toktok-"
Sixth, when the weapon fires, it needs the shots to be powerfully propelled, burning with energy
"Taqquin-"
Seventh, and finally, my shots must be sharp. Both in terms of accuracy, and in terms of penetration power.
"Myne!"
And with my thoughts and will to guide the spell, I believe this will create the weapon I'll want to use against the Outsider threat here.
Upon completion of the cast, I'll take a few moments to survey the result, taking an in-depth look at how the different words were integrated into the end result, and how close the product matches my guiding thoughts and intentions.
Only once the inspection is complete, will I be taking my weapon with me, and heading into the spider's den.

(Power: 2+1=3)
(Control: 1+1=2)

You unravel your essence, feeding it into your spell. But to your frustration, that only accomplishes so much. The power you amass isn't much, and the control you have over it is weak - but it's not nil.

After all, you're building on the progress you've already made.

(Cumulative Power: 4+3=7)
(Cumulative Control: 6+2=8)

You stitch the threads of magic together, building on your spell, refusing to allow it to manifest until every bit of power and control is inlaid, then finally relaxing your invocation.

Your creation explodes into being. A long, thin bronze barrel gleams, some bronze begrudgingly shaped into a stock and grip. It's hot like fire, but is too controlled to burn you, despite the intricate flame-patterns engraved along its length. The tip of the barrel is perpetually afire, red flames with sharp black edges ready to destroy whatever is aimed at.

There is no trigger. Why would you need one? It's your weapon - the will to destroy is what matters. There's an odd discolored section near the stock, and when you touch it, you find you can peel it back, revealing a compartment full of the suspicious powder you saw earlier. It fits in there incredibly naturally, and it's just as easy to pull the bronze back over the loading compartment. The powder is the ammunition, your control whispers to you, the barest hint of something deeper.

With that, you brandish your weapon and proceed through the portal, where you find a great many eggs in great need of destruction.

It's gloomy and dark in here - you can light things up.

Heavenly Clerk scratches the back of her head as she looks at the vine "Huh... Guess I need to watch where I'm going!" Clerk gives off a nervous chuckle before focusing on the eggs "Right! Time to deal with the icky... gross... spider eggs... I'm uhhh just going to pretend its bubble wrap!"

Go pop that bubble wrap that totally isn't icky gross slimy evil spider eggs or anything like that!

(Might: 3)

Pop. Pop. Pop.

Hey, this is easy. It's just popping bubble wrap. Just, bubble wrap.

Squish.

Ew, ew ew ew ew ewwwwwww

You glance over at Skylord. Hopefully she's having a better time of this.

Keep heroic form up.  Start laying into the eggs, trying to smash as many as possible.

Also..

Use my Zelthenegen essence (+1 power and control) to cast a spell, the one for the homing arrow.  Aim it to hit some more eggs.

Qunnai (Zelthenegen)

(Might: 3+1+1=5)

Your whip cracks out, and you swing it left and right, dispersing the forces of corruption.

Even at this rate, you won't be able to clear them all out in time... but Golden Flare's in, and she's got some new weapon. Maybe that'll do it.

You throw out a spell of your own, while you're at it.

(Power: 5+1=6)
(Control: 3+1=4)

A brilliant green arrow flies through the air, and despite the slip of your control, still ends up carving through eight eggs in a straight path before eventually slowing down to the point of effective immobility.

[The Nest's eggs will hatch in [1 Turn]. 70% of the eggs remain. One of the eggs is in a purple casket.]

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 3
« Reply #335 on: November 15, 2023, 01:41:34 am »

My eyes sweep over the area, assessing the number and locations of the eggs. I step forward, making sure my teammates are not in the line of fire between me and the targets, and then assuming a kneeling position, the weapon raised to my shoulder, my eyes aiming down the barrel. My ears fold down, shielding themselves from the noise to come, and my tail is extended behind me, steadying my balance. My forward arm has its elbow resting just beyond my knee, no bone-to-bone contact between the joints, but soldily resting, steadying my aim, and the flames that form the pupils of my eyes flare up as I have finally decided the way forward is violence. And finally, with the eggs as my targets, I open fire.

As I fire, I pay attention to the feedback I am getting, the understanding of the status of my weapon, its needs, and its ammo state. As ammo gets low, I'll be casting "Gengae" to reload.

And once I've seen it in action, it'll be time to give it the name it will have earned.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 01:59:49 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 16, 2023, 01:35:21 pm »

Keep heroic form up!  If ever there was a time to be strong, it is now!

Cast Qunnai on my limbs and whip, empowering them with the destructive green energy!  I need more smashing power!

Smaaaaaash!

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2023, 01:25:21 am »

Ignorance idly flips her bat in her hand, building a bit of momentum.
"Pathetic, you couldn't even hit me. Your hoard is pitiful in size. You're not even a real dragon, just a mere fish pretending."

Provoke dragonfish, then home run it into the eggs for massive damage.

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 19, 2023, 12:41:33 pm »

Leave the nest.  Luna's not an offensive powerhouse; staying here only risks getting caught in the others' blast radius.  Head east four times.  On the way, toss the needle-like dagger into the air, and cast "Beqquel Merlin", in an effort to catch the dagger inside the smoke.  Then try to retrieve the dagger; regardless of whether it's possible, enchant the smoke with "Ulvulme Wendelnelve".

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 19, 2023, 07:46:16 pm »

I nervously glance back toward the eg- I mean bubble rap "Aw jeez... how about I try this!"

Aguilegog! I shall summon a bookshelf then push it over to pop the eg- I mean bubble rap! This plan is foolproof!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2024, 04:08:13 pm »

Requesting to join the waitlist.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2024, 07:31:37 pm »

Mission 2:  Urban Glenn - Turn 13

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Luna’s Vestige (syvarris):  73
Golden  Flare (Lenglon):  61+20-20=61
Skylord (Devastator):  55
Ignorance’s Witch (Egan_BW):  41
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911):  13

Leave the nest.  Luna's not an offensive powerhouse; staying here only risks getting caught in the others' blast radius.  Head east four times.  On the way, toss the needle-like dagger into the air, and cast "Beqquel Merlin", in an effort to catch the dagger inside the smoke.  Then try to retrieve the dagger; regardless of whether it's possible, enchant the smoke with "Ulvulme Wendelnelve".

You leave the Nest, mere moments before a giant explosion can be heard from within.  You start to head east towards an empty house.  As your boots thud on the pavement, you cast a spell.

(Power:  6)
(Control:  1+1=2)

You toss the dagger into the air as a pungent, eye-watering smell pervades the area.  The knife suspends itself in midair for a second before it disappears.  Your momentary confusion is abated as the dagger clatters to the pavement some seconds later, just after the Words of your next incantation leave your lips.

(Power:  4)
(Control:  5+1-1=5)

Your spell sets the smell slicing away, swiftly whizzing off into the distance.  You’re not entirely sure where, but you retrieve your weapon as you reach the house.

You look as another Dream Denizen doll looks–Can it be said to be looking?–at you, almost curiously, from the distressed doorway.  You notice small strands of web falling off the house and onto the doll, and as it moves forward, pulled by invisible forces toward you, you hear a sudden slashing noise as it collapses to the ground and begins crawling away, fleeing around the twisted building.

My eyes sweep over the area, assessing the number and locations of the eggs. I step forward, making sure my teammates are not in the line of fire between me and the targets, and then assuming a kneeling position, the weapon raised to my shoulder, my eyes aiming down the barrel. My ears fold down, shielding themselves from the noise to come, and my tail is extended behind me, steadying my balance. My forward arm has its elbow resting just beyond my knee, no bone-to-bone contact between the joints, but soldily resting, steadying my aim, and the flames that form the pupils of my eyes flare up as I have finally decided the way forward is violence. And finally, with the eggs as my targets, I open fire.

As I fire, I pay attention to the feedback I am getting, the understanding of the status of my weapon, its needs, and its ammo state. As ammo gets low, I'll be casting "Gengae" to reload.

And once I've seen it in action, it'll be time to give it the name it will have earned.

(Might:  6)
(Grace:  3)

You touch the gun, heat rising from the tips of your fingers, through your arms, and into your spine where you feel the gun, willing it into action.  The initial blast is loud, far louder than even your covered ears were expecting, but you fire shot after shot into egg after egg.

Your gun begins to heat up, the barrel igniting in white-hot fire from the use, as the last of your powdery reserves run dry.  The weapon requests another meal, and you cast your magic in response.

(Power:  5)
(Control:  1)
(Recoil:  2)

As the magic flows outward, your weapon eats greedily, consuming the black powder in an instance, neglecting safety in favor of gluttony.  The powder appears inside the barrel, heated instantly to an explosion of power.  The barrel of your weapon shreds outward, unleashing a blast of fire, shrapnel, and shell in a cone, enveloping many of the eggs in front of you.

In the blink of an eye, the weapon is as it was, whole and unharmed, if maybe a little distended at the barrel.  Most of the eggs, on the other hand, do not, instead lying in a burning heap of destruction.

Keep heroic form up!  If ever there was a time to be strong, it is now!

Cast Qunnai on my limbs and whip, empowering them with the destructive green energy!  I need more smashing power!

Smaaaaaash!
As Golden Flame unleashes a torrent of gunfire, you follow suit, dodging between shots as you strike at the eggs with your whips, arms, legs… Anything you have!

(Might:  1+1+1=3)

Though you break a few of the eggs, you’re not quite reaching the extent that you could.  You begin casting your spell as another egg shatters.

(Power:  3)
(Control:  2)

While your limbs certainly feel more up to the task, they also feel a bit itchy, and spider egg goo just isn’t bringing that down, either.  You smash another spider egg for good measure.

Ignorance idly flips her bat in her hand, building a bit of momentum.
"Pathetic, you couldn't even hit me. Your hoard is pitiful in size. You're not even a real dragon, just a mere fish pretending."

Provoke dragonfish, then home run it into the eggs for massive damage.
(Will:  1)

You antagonize the waterdragonfish, taunting it towards you as you ready the bat.

It’s bases loaded, two outs, two strikes in the last inning.  You tap the sides of your feet with the water bat, splashing water all over home plate.  The crowd goes silent, mostly due to a large explosion from Golden Flame’s gun that took away your hearing a few moments ago, but you ready for the pitch.  The water-dragon-fish-ball flies at you!

You swing.  The fish stops in midair, a few feet from your bat, held back by some unseen force.  Strike three.  Game over.  Your teammates pour lukewarm soda down your shirt on the 40-minute bus ride back home.  The bus driver makes you clean it up.

The dragonfish begins reeling backwards, pulled by a thin line into the darkness of the Nest as eight eyes stare at you from the darkness.

(Weaving:  1)
(Evasion:  6)

Five strands of web emerge from the darkness, targeting your limbs and head.  You deftly dodge them all, smacking away one into a layer of eggs.  The web retracts, pulling the eggs deeper inward, where you hear the shells hatch.

I nervously glance back toward the eg- I mean bubble rap "Aw jeez... how about I try this!"

Aguilegog! I shall summon a bookshelf then push it over to pop the eg- I mean bubble rap! This plan is foolproof!
(Power:  1)
(Control:  6)

As the Words leave your lips, there is a moment of hesitation.  This plan relies on a bookshelf falling on these spiders, but what if it faces the wrong way?  You adjust, at the cost of the spell itself, forming a small box full of tattered books.  It lands on top of an egg, shattering it.

Plan successful!

You watch as the other eggs around you get pulled back into the Nest by little strands of web.  The eggs crack and tiny little legs begin to crawl their way outward.

You listen, staring into the darkness as a wave of tar-black and still-growing spiders crawl their way out of the Nest, scurrying their way past you.

[The Nest's eggs have hatched. An egg remains in a purple casket.]

Though you’ve destroyed many of the eggs, there are still a couple dozen newly hatched spiders making their way out of the Nest.  Even as you watch them, they seem to grow in size, engulfing the space around them, pushing one another to get out and away from the catastrophe

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2024, 12:44:41 am »

Stand tall by the exit and play goalkeeper.  None shall pass!  Smack about at any who dare to challenge my might.

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:47:56 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2024, 09:56:57 am »

"Gengae" I cast again in order to reload.
"Well you've definitely earned an impressive name haven't you you greedy little thing? Hmmmm. How about Blazer? do you like that?"
I say as I begin shooting down the fleeing Outsider Spiderlings

and once the weapon empties I'll be refilling it once more.
"Gengae"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2024, 07:05:19 pm »

I start freaking out upon seeing all the spiders leave the eg- I mean popped bubble rap! "AHHH GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!"

GROSS GROSS GROSS ICKY GO AWAY STEP AND KICK ON THEM GROSS!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24