Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should gun ownership rights belong to the original design, or should revisions create "new guns" with individual rights?

One design, one right - a gun and all its revisions only belong to one person at a time.
Each revision creates a new gun with rights different from the original.
I have no opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Winter, 1929  (Read 28139 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Spring, 1920
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2022, 10:56:54 pm »

ACTACTACT

Bid: Imperiosa Infantry Armory #6
Weapon: NOPE Smasher M19
Pitch: Even as we speak, Communist Agents are arming themselves with Commie Crusher Revolvers. The only appropriate response is to beat them with the New and Improved NOPE Smasher M19! Anything else is both more expensive and risks fielding inferior armaments than those agitator!
It also has good accuracy for a pistol due to it's long barrel, imposing appearance, and fires perfectly at a 45 degree angle.
But really, you can't afford NOT to equip yourself with the NOPE Smasher M19!

Also, make NOPE Smashers and .38 rounds.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2022, 09:20:40 am »

-snip-
I will also convert our existing stock to the improved B version.
-snip-

You would need to use your production line to do so, unfortunately.  Otherwise there's no reason for anyone to ever produce a more expensive variant of a gun, if they could just freely convert it.

Though I'm struck by the thought that perhaps I could allow players to convert guns between variants, provided they're willing to pay the difference in cost between them.  I hadn't thought it would be much of an issue, so I haven't considered this rule very thoroughly.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2022, 09:24:00 am »

As a matter of fact, yeah, I'll go ahead and change that rule.   No reason to make it more difficult than it needs to be; just pay the difference in cost and you can convert weapons between their variants.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Winter, 1920
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2022, 02:34:15 am »

GM NOTE:  Minor rule change.  Players may convert weapons between their different variants as a free action, provided they pay the difference in price between the gun models.  If the new variants is cheaper or the same price as the previous one, then the cost to convert is $0.

Additionally, it would be helpful to me if you kept the design descriptions in your post.  It makes it easy for me to look back at what I wrote about your weapon - and as the game progresses, I'll not be able to mentally keep track of each revision and design between thirteen players.

Winter, 1920.  Design Phase.

Gandhi kicks off the Non-Cooperative Movement in India against British control.  The NFL is established.  Russia sues for peace against Poland in the Polish-Soviet War, ensuring once and for all that Russian boots will never again tread Polish soil.  The Whites are pushed out of Crimea amidst massacres.  Bloody Sunday happens in Ireland, intensifying the Irish War for Independence.  Mexico's Revolution comes to a close with the Northern Constitutionalists winning.  Confectionery company 'Haribo' is founded in Bonn, Germany - they will one day invent "sugarless gummy bears" and cause untold suffering around the world.

In a dark alley, two men quietly converse before heading their separate ways.

It is now the design phase.  You may post a design for a new weapon or post a revision for an existing one.  New contracts will be posted and can be bid on next phase.

Contract Bids
Spoiler: Contract Bids (click to show/hide)

Contracts
Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Accepted Contracts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 02:39:00 am by evictedSaint »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2022, 07:54:41 am »

ACTACTACT   
Quote from: NOPE Repeater 1920 revisions part A
Part A of NOPE LLC's updates to their Repeater consists of reintroducing detachable magazines to the design, in the form of double-stack single-feed box magazines secured to the weapon by means of a catch on the magazine and a spring-loaded paddle on the Repeater. The magazines, which are inserted into a magazine well, come in three sizes; one at 5 rounds, one at 15 rounds, and one at 30 rounds. The magazines are constructed of sheet-metal, using techniques developed for tinplate toys, and are stamped with a pattern of stiffening ribs down the sides to both strengthen the magazine and to help eliminate confusion as to its orientation in low-visibility conditions. Should the end user desire, these magazines may be fixed to the Repeater via a length of chain or cord to prevent their loss when in service.
Quote from: NOPE Repeater 1920 revisions B
Part B of NOPE LLC's updates to their Repeater consists of taking all the prior revisions to the design and integrating them into a single, unified model; the NOPE M20 Repeater

NOPE LLC manufactures one unit of NOPE M18 Repeaters and retools both ammo presses to produce 7.65x40mm NOPE LR. NOPE LLC transfers one unit of 6.5x48mm to Rohnmohal as-per contract, completing their obligation. NOPE LLC sells one unit of NOPE M19 Repeaters on the civilian market and sells two lots of ammunition(7.65×40mm NOPE LR).

Spoiler: NOPE LLC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs of NOPE LLC (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 11:51:33 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2022, 02:50:16 pm »

After a review of accounts, it tuns out KashKow Industries has overspent by a total of $6 on production, so that will be used to subsidise this turns actions of two Parvus Preserver '18 batches and one 7.92x55mm ammo batch. ($35 $29 spent)

Shipment #7 of the Parvus Preserver '18 and Shipment #3 of 7.92x55mm Ammunition is delivered to Gerhardt & Sons.

One shipment of rifles is sold to the civilian market.

Spoiler: KashKow Industries (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2022, 02:53:53 pm »

ACTACTACT

Massgraves Incorporated
Revision: A3 Holocaust
HMG: A2 Holocaust

In order to improve accuracy at long range (and ideally reduce muzzle flash), the barrel of the A2 is lengthened and proper sights are attached.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2022, 04:02:49 pm »

ACTACTACT

Vaux and leander Manufacturing
Revision:  VL M18 A2
Rifle: VL M18 A1

Engineers are assigned to rework the barrel to improve the accuracy of the rifle, to do this they we will work on improving the rifling and lengthening the barrel from 64cm to 70cm. the goal is to improve accuracy to allow the rifle to at least get a grouping of 25cm at a range of 500m of course a tighter grouping is always better.

submit one Shipment of 6.5x48mm G18 to fulfill contract with Rohnmohal  and get $7 payment

produce 1 shipment of VL M18 A1
produce 1 shipment of 7x50mm
Spoiler: VLM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: design (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:12:34 pm by Khang36 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2022, 04:16:36 pm »

ACTACTACT

Ursus Brachi
Revision: 'Halflight' Lance Projector, Variant: Cuno  (Shortened form: 'Halflight V:C')
Rifle: 'Halflight' Lance Projector
-Rifling added to the projector's barrel. Ammunition is fitted with a short, backswept flare behind the barbed head but above the primary explosive charge in order to engage the rifling. Additionally, simple (but tall) iron sights are added to the barrel.

Revision: CP-270i Harpoons
Ammunition: CP-270 Harpoons
-CP-270i Harpoons have their internal dynamite and igniters waxed to ward off moisture related issues. Stylish oilskin carrying pouches should be commissioned for spare ammo.

Revision: CP-270i-BÜM Harpoons
Ammunition:  CP-270i Harpoons [Regardless of Above Result]
-Add inertial safety to Harpoons, with a small internal spring being forced back and open by the acceleration of firing and allowing the fuze to activate the flashtube to ignite the dynamite. Sensitivity on the fuze in this open position should be increased to the point it can act as a moderate graze fuze.

Revision: Unification, 'Halflight' Lance Projector, Variant: Cunoesse  (Shortened form: 'Halflight V:CE')
Rifle: 'Halflight V:C', CP-270i Harpoons, CP-270i-BÜM Harpoons
-Merges the revisions of the 'Halflight V:C', CP-270i Harpoons, CP-270i-BÜM Harpoons, into a single package.

In addition, the following:
Sell ammo produced last round.
Sell the Halflight produced last round.
Continue producing ammunition

Offer the following the contract to all individuals.

Spoiler: Public Contract (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ursus Brachi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Designs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 08:29:16 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2022, 04:42:24 pm »

ACTACTACT

Korsgaard Armoury
Revision:  TM-18-1B "Buzzard"
HMG: TM-18-1A "Buzzard"

The TM-18-1B "Buzzard" is a minor modification to the original Buzzard design with the aim of cutting down on vibrations - making the gun more reliable, accurate, and easier to repair and shoot.

The basis of the modified Buzzard was achieved by examining the weapon firing in detail, determining the direction and magnitude of the vibrations, before rebalancing the weight of the components and the firing cycle in order to cancel out the worst shaking.

Korsgaard also produces one shipment of Buzzards and one shipment of accompanying ammunition and sells them to the civilian market.

Spoiler: Company Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2022, 09:13:19 pm »

ACTACTACT

Ronmohal Armoury
Revision: Rohnmohal K18a
Rifle: Rohnmohal K18

The K18a features an attempt by Rohnmohal to reduce the weight of the weapon by using lighter components, with an eye on not making the recoil problem worse from a lighter-weight weapon.

Ronmohal Armoury
Revision: Rohnmohal G18b
Rifle: Rohnmohal G18a

Coming up with a solution for the barrel handling issue, Rohnmohal Armoury develops a better forearm to ensure better handling of the weapon to ensure no more burnt fingers for the end user.

Rohnmohal armoury pays out $7 to the companies that are delivering ammo shipments of 6.5x48mm rounds

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RA Designs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:23:51 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2022, 11:41:46 pm »

next turn tomorrow-ish.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Spring, 1919
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2022, 12:09:46 am »

ACTACTACT
Revision: Exemplar Semi-Auto Pistol**
Base: Exemplar Semi-Auto Pistol*
Correcting the issues with the Exemplar*'s magazine, the heel release is replaced with a push button release right behind the trigger. This speeds up the reload and the larger area helps the user overcome any possible fouling. The magazine itself is enlarged with a pair of ribs on each side. These match up with a new slightly expanded magazine well, the newly created dead space helps to deal with fouling. Finally a wooden lug is added to the bottom of the magazine both help to provide a grasping area and improving overall elegance.

Spoiler: Singular Design (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 09:27:16 pm by Light forger »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2022, 12:13:00 pm »

Who needs government contracts. The civilian market sees how great the KAM is. We'll just keep selling to them. And make another batch to sell to them next turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2022, 05:20:56 pm »

NOTICENOTICENOTICE: Sandblaster Inc. had the inventory to complete the Socialas Party Police #2: ($85) Sandblaster Inc.  Can we assume the peons working for Eustace Jackson sent them out when he was too busy to order them to do so?

Spoiler: Company Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapon Designs (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31