Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should gun ownership rights belong to the original design, or should revisions create "new guns" with individual rights?

One design, one right - a gun and all its revisions only belong to one person at a time.
Each revision creates a new gun with rights different from the original.
I have no opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Winter, 1929  (Read 28054 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Spring, 1926
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2024, 12:18:25 am »

Massgraves is still very nervously looking for manufacturing capability, and is willing to negotiate on price.

Quote from: Contract Offer
Massgraves Incorporated is looking to outsource arms and munitions production over the next two turns, until Winter of 1927. We require:

4 shipments of B2 Holocaust Heavy Machine Guns ($36 Manufacturing Cost) for $52 each
6 shipments of 15x120mm ammunition ($3 Manufacturing Cost) for $8 each

Interested parties should sign below, and will receive payment as soon as the contract is finalized.

B2 #1: -
B2 #2: -
B2 #3: -
B2 #4: -
15x120 #1: -
15x120 #2: -
15x120 #3: -
15x120 #4: -
15x120 #5: -
15x120 #6: -

Spoiler: B2 Holocaust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: A1 Locust (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Spring, 1927
« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2024, 12:38:39 pm »

V&L is looking to get a loan of $100 in exchange will repay $120 by Spring 1929

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Winter, 1927
« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2024, 11:22:46 pm »

Winter, 1927.  Design Phase.

GM NOTE: Players may now form mergers, combining their weapons, contracts, treasuries, and market share.

Players may now purchase market share from one another for cold, hard cash.

Players who have not participated in the past five turns will have their assets go up for auction next turn.  This includes weapon designs, inventory, and market share.  Unpurchased companies will otherwise be dissolved.

The Columbia Phonographic Broadcasting System (CBS) is formed in the USA and goes on air with 47 radio stations.  Mariti and Ditissimus form the new country of United Triad of the Adriatic, an ominous name considering there were only two of them.  The League of Nations Slavery Commission abolishes all types of slavery.  Imperiosa accuses Parvus of relying on slave armies, which Parvus denies as simple conscripts.  The Mexican government crushes a rebellion in Veracruz.  Turkey forms a new government, again (5th time's a charm!).  Mahatma Gandhi makes his only visit to Ceylon.  Mundo begins gathering suspected illegal immigrants in concentration camps in order to facilitate rapid "processing".  Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving a charming young man by the name of Joseph Stalin with undisputed control of the Soviet Union.  Two weeks later, the Communist Party Congress condemns all deviation from the general party line in the USSR.  Socialas offers asylum to Trotsky, who turns them down.  Meanwhile, the Socialas State has made terrific gains in Paupertas and has begun claiming occupied land as annexed provinces of Socialas.  Colorado state police open fire on 500 unarmed miners during a strike, killing 6.  Iraq gains independence from the UK, severing it from foreign influence once and for all and forevermore. 

Occassio's government makes allowances for arms manufacturers to conglomerate, to very little applause.

A few people exchange words and an envelope of money, somewhere unseen.

It is now the design phase.  You may post a design for a new weapon or post a revision for an existing one.  New contracts will be posted and can be bid on next phase.

Contract Bids
Spoiler: Contract Bids (click to show/hide)

Contracts

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Accepted Contracts (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 20, 2024, 08:00:23 am »

We build 4 runs of 12 Gauge Shells and 4 runs of Lancers for $44 total. Then we ship and officially complete Contract "Singula Security Council #31". Which I don't think needs an Actx3? (Been a little while).

Quote from: ActActAct: Design
Name: KashKow Hammer
Type: Machinegun
The Hammer is a light Machinegun, firing 7.65×40mm rounds. It is a simple to use (and make), low profile weapon (for a fully automatic machinegun anyway), and thus is usable in close confines such as trenches, urban environments and emplaced in vehicles. Whilst not recommended, the low weight means an individual soldier could fire the weapon whilst standing without a brace and have better-than-abysmal accuracy. It comes with a bipod, a spare barrel (as this weapon is air-cooled), and is fed via a fabric belt, which can be carried in an open box that clips to the side of the weapon.

Spoiler: KashKow Industries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 20, 2024, 06:55:07 pm »

Sandblaster Inc. is currently in talks to merge with Korsgaard Armoury. More as this develops.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Spring, 1926
« Reply #365 on: March 20, 2024, 07:33:38 pm »

Hello all as there as a few contracts at risk of failing, I have a proposal. While i do not have any free manufacturing capacity right now I do have surplus production from winter 1928 to Spring 1930.

For anyone who delivers shipments of weapons and ammo help fulfill contracts due this turn I will match it and deliver shipments weapons and ammo for you at manufacturing cost to make up for diverted production starting on winter 1928

Additionally I can afford divert up to 4 weapons production and 2 ammo production this turn to help fulfill contracts but will need help making up the difference next turn.

Finally for anyone who has participated in this i am will to sell spare production at the following rates

Weapons: $5 + manufacturing cost
ammo: $4

ACTACTACT

Quote from: revision
Revision: VL P24 A2
SMG: VL P24 A3

work is done to improve the accuracy and effective range of the P24 by taking a look at the barrel and see if we can improve the rifling.

produce 2 VL M18 AS3
produce 4 VL P24 A1
produce 6 7x50mm ammo
produce 2 8x25mm VLP ammo

Deliver: 9 VL M18 AS3 Shipments, 15 Matching Ammo Shipments to complete Paupertas Snipers Corps #34 contract

Spoiler: VLM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: design (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: contracts (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:51:24 am by Khang36 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE - Winter, 1922
« Reply #366 on: March 20, 2024, 07:39:52 pm »

I used to have a company in this game, here's our last statement (from Winter, 1922):
Spoiler:  Aywen Industries (click to show/hide)
Can it be assumed that I was producing and selling civilian arms and ammo all this time? or would it be better to rejoin as a fresh new company?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 20, 2024, 07:49:51 pm »

I used to have a company in this game, here's our last statement (from Winter, 1922):
-snip-
Can it be assumed that I was producing and selling civilian arms and ammo all this time? or would it be better to rejoin as a fresh new company?

I will allow it

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2024, 07:52:16 pm »

(snip)

If you don't decide to reincorporate, Korsgaard would be interested in merging with or acquiring you as well.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: RISKY ARMS VENTURE
« Reply #369 on: March 20, 2024, 08:27:45 pm »

Thanks. So AI makes $44 a year (2 guns and 8 ammos) over 5 years and we had $131 in '22, so we now have $351. Not great (I would possibly be better off starting fresh with $400 in hand, or is it $550?).

ACTACTACT: I would like to develop a design:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did I do it right?
(ammo switched to 9x20mm rimless)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 08:00:12 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2024, 08:32:30 pm »

Thanks. So AI makes $44 a year (2 guns and 8 ammos) over 5 years and we had $131 in '22, so we now have $351. Not great (I would possibly be better off starting fresh with $400 in hand, or is it $550?).

On the other hand, four Ammo Presses isn't something to sneeze at.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 20, 2024, 08:35:03 pm »

Right. So, would anyone like to rent ammo-press capacity?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2024, 09:11:29 pm »

Since there's no bites, I will add another production line, and keep producing CC'18s and their respecitve ammo.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2024, 10:48:23 pm »

You still offering space in the ammo presses? If yes, how much you want? Is $8 for one unit fine with you?

Sorry this is so close to the wire, I was zoned out on vacation(still am, for that matter) and waiting on merger talks...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:52:14 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 23, 2024, 12:00:53 am »

If players want more time, we can delay a few more days
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31