Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'  (Read 22719 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 35
« Reply #405 on: February 11, 2023, 08:30:24 pm »

Such was the wish, and so they answer at the worst time. And random RNG favors the Kō-Äh.

Team X2

Kō-Äh Union: The Dancer Joltwing makes contact with the strange Kō-Äh when diving one day. [SS Roll Both]
/Their Gamites are compatible, adding the Dancer Joltwing's traits to the species collective of parts.\
\The Joltwings born from the union become the amphibious fast moving Scouts, with their own photon-sensitive sight. This grants them better reaction speeds against the Shellfish attacks./

Kō-Äh Diplomance: Peace via food production.
/A new type of food is developed, which creates a gelatinous mass  that grows off of algae within themselves. They are nutritious and well suited to feed those with a more protein-heavy diet like the Soldiers, but have no brains or sapience, or even organs. Just nutritious meat-slime.\
\The Kō-Äh attempt to offer food to the Shellfish tribe to open relations. With hopes of eventually settling with them./

Kō-Äh Cultivate: Home is where the core is.
/The Greenship, a mass of Orchards capable of propelling itself slowly through the waters and carrying a colony to start anew elsewhere. It is sent to The Çay Uplift with a King of All Slime directing the others. The ship will serve as a good defensive structure in the new deeper waters as they begin terraforming.\
\The Slime Hub, a carefully woven root network of acidic slime orchids that act as defense against larger creatures, like the Shellfish. While stationary, the multilayered structure and grasping of the roots can catch anything that tries to breach it, offering warning and letting Soliders and Assassins mobilize to counter. A safe home from threats and a way to project force./

Hi Knightwing~ Guess who has access to Six actions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Primordial Chaos is here, and the Kō-Äh have managed to make the leap and survive.
... All that remains is to see if they contrinue to thrive. The Finale of the TricMagic-Knightwing Arc approaches.
NQT is there too. Might want to make a bid for the mainland.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 08:46:10 pm by TricMagic »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 11, 2023, 08:46:27 pm »

Ah yes, the classic strat of taunting someone and then trying to ally

I love it

The Shellfolk: Increase the TECH TREE

The Shellfolk: Try upgrading brain more?

The Shellfolk: Copy the immortal jellyfish thing, where whenever a Shellfolk is going to die because of age, it resets it’s life cycle.

Immortal regenerative seafolk, now I just need to convince them to worship a giant squid and boom, lovecraft story

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 11, 2023, 08:57:06 pm »

Also, I would like to point out that my creatures have tens of hyper dense venomous sharp super muscly electric anti slime tendrils

I would be astounded if your acidic slime orchids manage to capture my creatures for any important amount of time before being decimated

Behold, the wonders of min maxing one species for most of the game!

Also, has anyone else even bothered upgrading intellect more then once? It’s like brains vs brawn’s, but I have the best of each.

Magma, do my creatures group together and form society’s and stuff, or do they all go separate ways and occasionally meet up

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2023, 09:01:36 pm »

The main issue is you get caught in the roots. Orchards aren't dumb, and can alert the main colony, which sends Soldiers and Assassins to your location.

Then you get all the food you can eat! And die from food poisoning.

It's like stepping on an ant hill. Except the ants can fly and stuff themselves down your throat and sting you with deadly stingers. So more like a killer wasp nest.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2023, 10:51:12 pm »

Cough

Shell

Cough

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2023, 11:02:58 pm »

I've no clue why you think your shell is the defense to end all attacks. You may be regenerative, but your tentacles can be cut and held up, and your mouth has to exist as a predator of your type. Which is big, large, and capable of being stuffed full of poison.

You've never really understood the title of apex is one to sit on. There is a reason those don't evolve, because they throw things out of order. For the longest time, the Sludgiboo held the title of Apex. For the longest time, that family simply existed, growing and changing over eons. Even now, before they were forced to evolve, the humble Roomba acted as caretaker for their endless garden.

The Shellfish may be large, but they are not the biggest organism in this Primordial Sea. That title goes to the Orchards.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 11:08:48 pm by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2023, 05:28:49 am »

What are the main factors killing species in Lauv Island? Is it volcanic activity wiping things out or...?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2023, 07:29:46 am »

We shall see.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2023, 09:14:40 am »

What are the main factors killing species in Lauv Island? Is it volcanic activity wiping things out or...?

Shellfolk are comfortable living on land as well as in the sea. It is both right now.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2023, 09:29:58 am »

I've given up on the Bushes surviving this. They were never really meant to be hunted so much.

I fully expect the The Çay Uplift to go too. Only survival option is to try and become livestock, or raise up a species yourself.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2023, 09:38:22 am »

I fully expect the The Çay Uplift to go too. Only survival option is to try and become livestock, or raise up a species yourself.

Don't expect any sapients to survive this. If you try to become livestock, you will most likely go extinct along with your overlords. Creatures that typically survive mass extinctions are  the small vermin.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2023, 09:40:04 am »

Lack of food only matters if you need food, which I am working on. Perhaps a change of diet is in order?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2023, 09:46:48 am »

Lack of food only matters if you need food, which I am working on. Perhaps a change of diet is in order?

Last timeI checked, plants do need hospitable environments to live.

Also, photosynthesis on a active creature such as a Shellperson is merely a supplement.

What you guys need to do now is to prepare for the complete collapse of everything. It is inevitable at this point forward. As you know, you chose violence and at the same time, the Dice Gods decided to wipe the slate clean. I believe you guys will all survive this with at least one species extant. Then we will simply go post-PT.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2023, 10:11:16 am »

Shellfolk are comfortable living on land as well as in the sea. It is both right now.
Oh dear. I thought as they're not taking a slot there, and KW has never made any migratory action, they hadn't migrated to land.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2023, 10:16:22 am »

Unless my Shellfolk somehow manage to make nukes, I don’t see how this could hurt the environment in any significant way.

Worst case scenario, Shellfolk kill everything else and no peace is achieved, photosynthesis along with hibernation based slowed metabolism and maybe eating coral would be a good way to survive until I could figure out a better solution.

Hm, your artificial food may actually be useful. I might spare you. Shall we get back together? For the kids, at least?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33