Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'  (Read 22714 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 35
« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2023, 10:17:50 am »

Shellfolk are comfortable living on land as well as in the sea. It is both right now.
Oh dear. I thought as they're not taking a slot there, and KW has never made any migratory action, they hadn't migrated to land.

Well, I made a predatory creature capable of migration, I don’t see why they wouldn’t expand their hunting grounds.

Also, I’m a big boy now. Birthday day best day

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2023, 10:26:16 am »

Mostly depends on the Shellfolk pulling back their aggressiveness for a more farming nature. Which means becoming omnivores. Photosynthesis isn't all that useful to you because you're way too big and proactive for that to work right now.

Ecosystem effects: -20 population to all other animals. Each turn.
You need to take actions to reduce this effect, which means downsizing, ominivourism, and more careful thought to the environment.(Use your brain more and let some prey go to breed up again.) Assuming these things are down, the two can work together to weather this storm.

Also need to decide on a niche to fulfill. You are better at building and crafting with your more solid frame, as an example. The Kō-Äh are brute forcing buildings with bio-manipulation. Work on developing more fine manipulation and better tools.

Shellfolk are comfortable living on land as well as in the sea. It is both right now.
Oh dear. I thought as they're not taking a slot there, and KW has never made any migratory action, they hadn't migrated to land.

Well, I made a predatory creature capable of migration, I don’t see why they wouldn’t expand their hunting grounds.

Grats to you.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2023, 11:09:51 am »

Aweeeeee~ It feels like yesterday when you were 14...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2023, 11:39:56 am »

OK, last bids for survival. We know there was a meteorite on the other side of the planet, so there will be nutrients there. We just need to spread the plantlife. This turn three species will speciate, with some staying behind with adaptation to the new shellfolk order, and others will leave across the vast uninhabitable sea to create new biomes safe from unsustainable predation.

Speciate Grönland Livyat:
1. Massively increase the Trimethylamine N-oxide levels in its flesh, allowing it to live at lower pressures and also making its flesh toxic (it might be being squeezed out, but this might help it live on the periphery). [SS]
2. Flatten the back of this Lifeship Livyat, making it a solid platform for algae to encrust and grow. Send it out across the uninhabitable zone to live on the other side of the planet.

Whose going to cultivate that algae onto the Livat?

Speciate the Croccy Terrub:
1. Become domesticated and send to the Shellfolk homelands in the shallows to act as their all-purpose livestock and companion animals (this may require the parasitism aspect of their lifecycle to end, with eggs instead being cultivated by Shellfolk as an industrial foodstuff) [SS]
2. Become symbiotic with the Lifeship Livyat, cultivating plantlife on their bodies (again might need to atrophy the sludgiboo egg laying).

Who else is taking the Lifeship?

Speciate Clingy Dikencovy
1. Move to the Shallows and become barnacle-like, latching onto the Kō-Äh's gelatinous forms (linking their success to that of the Ko) [SS]
2. Become symbiotic with the Lifeship Livyat, hitching a ride on its back, eating algae particles cultivated by the terrub, and helping feed the Livyat and Terrub in turn.

Happy Birthday KW!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2023, 12:04:30 pm »

Thought this was a lake?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 12, 2023, 01:32:59 pm »

We're in the small habitable part of a huge planet-wide ocean:

completely abbysal planet covered with a global, dozen kilometer deep ocean, called the Lazzic Ocean,

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 12, 2023, 04:04:37 pm »

Thought this was a lake?

What kind of world were you livin' in before?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 12, 2023, 04:07:04 pm »

2. Flatten the back of this Lifeship Livyat, making it a solid platform for algae to encrust and grow. Send it out across the uninhabitable zone to live on the other side of the planet.

Ummmmmm, there is no other habitable space on this planet. Even if there was, it is outside of the games scope.

What is on the Seamount stays on the Seamount.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 04:18:42 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2023, 04:24:02 pm »

I guess I'll die then!

OK, do the same, but the Livyat just goes on long migratory journeys between the different biomes instead.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 15, 2023, 03:36:10 pm »

I guess I'll die then!

OK, do the same, but the Livyat just goes on long migratory journeys between the different biomes instead.

Okay how about this;

Your lifeboats swim out into the almost sterile abyys and enter a deep stasis for decades, maybe even a century. After that, they come back to the Seamount to feed and reproduce, and then disperse again in these long cycles, and may live for millenia. Their neotenic, atavistic babies would live on the seamount as a sort of school fish.

The abyysal ocean is too deep for any meaningful amount of nutrients to be found on the surface. The only reason life exists here is that the Seamount exists.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 03:38:57 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 15, 2023, 03:54:55 pm »

If there is another turn, the Kō-Äh could also do something similar. Mostly via returning to Plant, as all things should be. Food gathered purely through photsynthesis of giant mats, with maybe one or two Kings being alive each generation to keep things going, with a few aids.
Granted, then sets in elunili(or however it's spelled), and they end up going mad and falling apart into wild growths without direction or minds.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 31
« Reply #431 on: February 15, 2023, 04:45:43 pm »

Team LGEM
notquitethere:
1: Split Grönland Livyat
    A: Be deep sea fish by increasing Trimethylamine N-oxide
    B: Flatten back for algea to grow, and be marine Reapers
2: Split Croccy Terrub
    A: Suck up to the Shellfolk
    B: Symbiosis with Lifeboat Livyat
3: Split Clingy Dikencovy
    A: Become barnacle-like
    B: Symbiosis with Lifeboat Livyat

Team X2
TricMagic:
1: Kō-Äh Union:
    A: Mate Dancer Joltwings into the collective (SS)
    B: Due to above action, Scout caste is created (SS)
2: Kō-Äh Diplomacy:
    A: Create meat slime caste
    B: Offer meat slime tribute to the Shellfolk
3: Kō-Äh Cultivate:
    A: Send colony ship to Çay uplift
    B: Mutate AoC-purposed Slime Hub caste.

Team Perfect Predator
Knightwing64:
1: Advance into the Chalcolithic Age
2: Even more advancee brain
3: Reiterative immortality

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 15, 2023, 05:21:15 pm »

Okay how about this;

Your lifeboats swim out into the almost sterile abyys and enter a deep stasis for decades, maybe even a century. After that, they come back to the Seamount to feed and reproduce, and then disperse again in these long cycles, and may live for millenia. Their neotenic, atavistic babies would live on the seamount as a sort of school fish.
Yes that makes more sense. Good idea, I'm happy with that.

Sockmit2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2023, 08:05:37 am »

*clap* *clap* *clap* quite an intresting game.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 17, 2023, 05:24:41 pm »

*clap* *clap* *clap* quite an intresting game.

Does a series of bows to an invisible crowd, dignified and validated.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33