Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'  (Read 22709 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 36
« Reply #435 on: February 17, 2023, 08:07:24 pm »

Turn 35

The Events
Power: 71
Temperament: 5

The Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The World

The eruptions are still happening, but not as often as before. The effects of them have been reduced.

The seafloor has risen above the water in numerous places. all connected to the Lauv island., increasing its capacity from 8 to 10, while substractung from the Guguli Shallows.

The gap between Guguli shallows and Çay Uplift is still closing. Çay Uplift has expanded by two as well. Both seafloors will combine in the next turn. The dice delayed the merge.

Stalward Rhinofish, Deflating Puffercovy, False Thorngrazer, Bitey Dikencovy, Deepdiver Livyat and Spiny Barnacovyhas gone extinct.

The Guguli Shallows | Primordial Chaos Biome | (5/? species)
Spoiler: Local Species (click to show/hide)

Lauv Island | Grassland Island | (3/10 species)

The Çay Uplift | Algea Prairie Biome | (7/12 species)

The Giants Back | Algea Growth Biome | (2/2 species)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 08:10:17 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2023, 09:07:45 pm »

The Shellfolk: Increase size/strength, each Shellfolk shall be a titan to other creatures.

The Shellfolk: Further develop the tech tree.

The Shellfolk: Create various organs along the lining of the Shellfolk body that concentrate and enhance the power of their bio electricity. Organic Lightning bolts? 

Make the meat slime better and you’ll live, probably. The development of cattle decreased it to only minus 10, so having a sustainable food source would probably help you in the moment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 36 | 30 pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #437 on: February 18, 2023, 09:34:08 am »

Speciate the Suicidal Puffercovy
1. Mutate slime gland so that it can coat itself in disguising secretions to gain protection in the Kō-Äh ecosystem (possible displacing the Gardeners) [SS]
2. Co-evolve powerful diseases that effect reproductivity which are harmless to the Puffercovy, but spread when it explodes and its disease-laced needles perforate other species.

Speciate the Stalward Octorhino
1. Become much smaller, to take advantage of the empty niche for very small hervivores [SS]
2. Improve legs to become more adept at galloping

Improve the Lifeboat Livyat:
1. Improve the memory of the Lifeboat Livyat, so it can build up useful memories of threats, feeding grounds etc. over its long lifetime (like an alephant does) [SS]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 29
« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2023, 10:12:45 am »

Here's the latest state of the species:

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2023, 12:16:46 pm »

The Shellfolk: Increase size/strength, each Shellfolk shall be a titan to other creatures.

The Shellfolk: Further develop the tech tree.

The Shellfolk: Create various organs along the lining of the Shellfolk body that concentrate and enhance the power of their bio electricity. Organic Lightning bolts? 

Make the meat slime better and you’ll live, probably. The development of cattle decreased it to only minus 10, so having a sustainable food source would probably help you in the moment.
I'd ask to stop increasing your requirements for life.

Team X2
Kō-Äh: Meat Slimes Alteration
\Meat slimes are modified to produce a slow-metabolism enzyme, reducing food requirements in those that eat it. This has the side effect of making them delicacies with their fatty meat, perfect for more sedentary Shellfolk who spend most of their time in a single place. (A number of Meatslime Orchard stalks are even donated to the Shellfolk to use as cattle producers, both made without any sapient minds) [SS Roll]
 \A number Meat Slimes are modified to be extremely attractive to Hydra Turnips and used as bait to cull the parasites' population. [SS Roll]

Kō-Äh Farm Life
\Poultry Terrub are cultivated to lay eggs. Males are culled to control the breeding population and females used for a steady source of protein in Ko-Ah diets. [SS Roll]
\Their farming ground is improved, growing plenty of seaweed within the Hub to graze them on.

Kō-Äh:Crossbreeding Shipbuilding
\Floating Slimehubs are developed from Hubs, small ships focused on photosynthesis sent into the open seas for future generations, with a King Slime born each generation to tend to their own personal garden. They travel in groups and stick to near surface much like the mats of old. The ships use a waterjet to move, and gas-sacks filled by algae to keep them afloat, with large ferns forming the deck where photosynthesis happens. Gardeners are the main subjects, meant to tend to the ships Orchards, with small numbers of others. As an aside, Saturnal Flufiflimp have also been discovered, and their solar fins are used as the basis for the ferns, allowing better direction of the ship. (They've been added to the collective's data) [SS Roll]
\Saturnal fins are merged into Gardeners for photosynthesizing and movement. Long time coming this.

Better meat slimes, as ordered. These reduce how much you eat and move, a slower metabolism is always a good thing.
Also, Hydras need to go down a bit, they are a drain on our populations.
Meanwhile, Saturnals join the information they have access to, though no new caste. And Poultry are farmed for their eggs.

This is now Civilization BC: Magmacube Edition.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 12:24:48 pm by TricMagic »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 36 | 30 pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #440 on: February 18, 2023, 02:09:16 pm »

This is now Civilization BC: Magmacube Edition.

All evolution-themed forum games reach this state sooner or later. Trust me, I know from experience.

It won't last forever though.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 18, 2023, 02:39:06 pm »

Certainly not going without a fight. If anyone wants to join before the change there is now a mindless mass of plant-meatslimes around.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 18, 2023, 03:05:47 pm »

I like how we've pursued three different speciation strategies:
- LGEM: Maximises branching the tree for variety
- X2: continually branch and merge species until one final huge merge
- Perfect Predator: put most effort into just one core species

I've experienced the most extinctions but I also have more living species than everyone else combined. (Though maybe not for much longer.)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 18, 2023, 03:27:36 pm »

Yeah, this has been a very fun thing to GM so far. I loved the ways life diversified. Can you guys recall how all this emerged from a featureless flesh orb the size of a pea? Me neither.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 18, 2023, 03:36:10 pm »

Meanwhile the Wandertree is about to just die cause it can no longer merge with the rest of it's old family. Turn into a plant already, you'd be safer.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 18, 2023, 04:57:08 pm »

Meanwhile the Wandertree is about to just die cause it can no longer merge with the rest of it's old family. Turn into a plant already, you'd be safer.

You can turn it into a plant with some minor adjustments. But it comes with a huge downside.

It won't be an animal anymore. You will essentially make it a part of the background, permanently.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 18, 2023, 05:04:16 pm »

You can turn it into a plant with some minor adjustments. But it comes with a huge downside.

It won't be an animal anymore. You will essentially make it a part of the background, permanently.
Better than most. Set down roots, hopefully survive in the background as part of the ecosystem.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 18, 2023, 05:04:32 pm »

Yeah, this has been a very fun thing to GM so far. I loved the ways life diversified. Can you guys recall how all this emerged from a featureless flesh orb the size of a pea? Me neither.
The first few splits set in the main visual differentiators of the three animal subtypes: spiky nut; slimeball; or tendrils. The evolutionary zoologists of the future of this world would have a hard time working out the evolutionary origins of the Kō-Äh though!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 18, 2023, 06:22:13 pm »

Turn 36

The Events
Power: 44
Temperament: 5

The Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The World

The eruptions are still becoming less and less often, but what had begun has already ran its course. Guguli Shallows and Çay Uplift have merged into a single biome. And with that Shellfolk now has full access to the natives of the latter habitat. The combined seabed is essentially the all of the seamount. So the new habitat is named Yanardag Shelf.

Roaming Wandertree and Dancer Joltwing are extinct.

Saturnal Fluffilimp has been absorbed into the Kō-Äh.

Lauv Island | Grassland Island | (2/10 species)

Yanardag Shelf | Primordial Chaos Biome | (12/? species)

The Giants Back | Algea Growth Biome | (2/2 species)

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 37 | 30 pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #449 on: February 18, 2023, 06:26:00 pm »

Knightwing, please direct your hunger at the mass of meat dividing out of control.

Team X2
Take 3 at producing colony ship, see last attempt for specifics. [SS Roll]
Farming foul poultry, see last attempt, take 2.
Sticky Trap for Hydra Turnips, Take 2.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 06:28:58 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33