Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wonderous Weapon Workshop (SG) Golem Gladiators  (Read 3230 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderous Weapon Workshop (SG) Golem Gladiators
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2023, 06:17:27 pm »

You inform the chief that you are ready for your grand opening and he sets the date. Most of the village will shut down their own workshops for the day to show up at your grand opening, so they expect to be rewarded with a good time. Those who dislike you can stay open at their own discretion - the fact that you have few pieces to sell will probably come as a boon to your rival. With word of mouth spreading to your customers, you should expect to draw a reasonable crowd of outsiders.

What other preparations do you want to make for your grand opening, if any?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2023, 06:39:46 pm »

Snacks, space for dancing. We should ask around and see if any of our buddies are willing/able to play music for the big day.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2023, 02:35:49 am »

Snacks, space for dancing. We should ask around and see if any of our buddies are willing/able to play music for the big day.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2023, 11:55:49 am »

+1
+1
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2023, 11:03:15 pm »

You spent all your entertainment budget, so buying snacks is out of the question. Fortunately Adventurers have a tradition of planting fruit trees, berries, nuts, and other such forageables along the roadside to make traveling a bit more enjoyable. Thanks to that you can gather some snacks with an afternoon and a bucket, though they'll be something the more high class guest are likely to turn up their nose at. Possibly literally. Fortunately enough a space for dancing is easily created by pointing to an area and saying "this place is for dancing", so there are no problems there.

As for your friend(s), they're always willing to help you out! If they're able to is another question altogether. A question that you can answer since you probably knew these people your whole life!

Who are your closest friends?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2023, 12:10:06 am »

For one: the third identical triplet, who is much nicer than the other one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2023, 02:47:44 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2023, 05:35:28 pm »

You have a lot of identical siblings. Are you one of those weaponsmiths who has a clone in every city as a gag since we didn't have the budget for multiple shopkeepers in our game? That isn't the prompt question.

One of your most reliable friends is your family - your nicer sibling. The one who doesn't hate you. The one who also happens to make some money on the side by playing music in the tavern, strumming a lute with the words "THIS MACHINE KILLS" in bright red letters warning you of its alternative function as a magic-based weapon. You ask them to supply the music for your grand opening, and they happily comply as they where going to show up anyway.

You make all of your preparations. You put out wicker baskets full of berries, fruit, and nuts you collected as snacks. You put a circle of rocks for the Gladiator Arena, and designate a separate area for dancing. Your workshop is made to look presentable with your Masterpiece proudly displayed as your license. Before you know it, the day of your Grand Opening arrives.

First to come are the villagers, the ones who don't hate you or are particularly antisocial at least. Your evil triplet remains open for business to spite you. Old Man Withers remains open because he's too old to party and needs the money for retirement. Jouline shuts her workshop out of respect but locks herself in her house instead of showing up. Otherwise most of the village shows up just as soon as their morning chores are finished. Already your snacks are in danger of being entirely depleted by the ravenous hoard of your neighbors.

As the day draws on out of towners wake up and begin flopping out of the tavern. Among them Loewy is the first to show up, though this is in support of you rather than to buy anything himself. Adventurers soon fill the gaps afterword. They are an assorted lot, with equipment showing them to be varied from dirt poor to nouveau rich. By noon your crowd has likely reached its maximum size - unless there are incoming caravans of which you arn't aware of.

You do note one agent of the Crown - Dame Dominic of the Knights Logisticus - is present. A minor noble who occasionally makes purchases for the Crown's military on behalf of her more important superiors. She can technically order the other shops to open and serve her if she needs weapons immediately, but if she hasn't done so by now it is unlikely that she's here on urgent business.

Now is likely the time to start your Gladiator match - How do you entertain the guests?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2023, 04:24:05 am »

We should announce the whole thing like one of those old carnival guys.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2023, 10:49:21 am »

Yes, yes +1
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2023, 04:42:53 pm »

You begin shouting your announcement over the various revelry noises. The music stops and people begin coming toward you while mumbling among themselves. It is difficult for you to shout over such a large crowd, but everyone is generally polite enough to keep their voices down so they can hear you.

In one corner of the stone circle is the blue golem. Across from it is the gold golem. When you are about to announce the fight, it occurs to you that while you planned on giving them names and "personalities" you never actually got around to it. Well now is your chance...

How do you introduce each of the golems?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2023, 03:22:34 am »

We should give the golems really grandiose names and give them the same kind of intro you'd hear regular gladiators get.

Some one else should come up with names as I suck at naming things.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]