Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pokémon: Infinite Fusion | Beginner's Ranlocke (Attempt 2, Deaths: 0)  (Read 2806 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Infinite Fusion | Beginner's Ranlocke (Attempt 2, Starting Now)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2023, 11:52:32 am »

Why not just continue with attempt #1 then? Or did you delete the save already?

A few reasons, really. For one, I feel like this is a bad matchup for Attempt 1, Torterra vs. Lampent/Granbull.

For another, my last save was before picking Torterra, which would mean having to reselect and re-nickname Treeass every attempt.

And finally, I just really like randomization, and wanna re-roll to see what comes next.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 01:27:44 am »

Hopefully we get some good critters to choose from this next time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 08:38:19 am »

"If I had to pinpoint the day...no, no, that's not right! This isn't righ-!"

"-hell are you doing with these, gramps?!"

"Hey, that's my line!"

"I understand the confusion, but with DNA Splicers on the rise, there's been a growing movement to greatly diversify local ecosystems! Trust me, Tommy, it makes perfect sense!"

"He was grey before, HE WAS GREY BEFORE!"

"Stay calm, stay calm. Everything's foggy. Roll with it."

"You know damn well now that a piece of the world is missing."

"Think, what was really in those balls? Let me think...no, first was Golurk, right? A Ground/Ghost type. Immune to Normal, Fighting, and Electric Types. Strong against Poison, Rock, and Bug Types. But weak to other Ghost Types, as well as Water, Grass, Ice, and Dark Types. Physically strong, but slow."

"Next was Galvantula. Bug/Electric. Weak to Rock and Fire Types, but strong against Fighting, Steel, Grass, and other Electric Types. Incredibly speedy and a strong Special Attacker, but it doesn't start with great defensive options."

"Lastly, Vileplume. Grass/Poison Type. Weak to Flying, Fire, Psychic, and Ice Types. But resistant to the attacks of the Fighting, Water, Grass, Electric, and Fairy types. Fairly decent stats across the board, save for low speed."

"Every Pokémon can be viable. Which one did I go for, back then?"

Attempt 2 has started! Once again, pick our Starter and it's Nickname!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Infinite Fusion | Beginner's Ranlocke (Attempt 2, Deaths: 0)
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2023, 03:51:38 am »

Never heard of Golurk before so I say we go with that guy.

As for a name I think Glug sounds like a good one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2023, 08:19:10 am »

I vote for Vileplume, nickname “flwr pwr”.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2023, 12:48:35 pm »

Never heard of Golurk before so I say we go with that guy.

As for a name I think Glug sounds like a good one.
+1

I think we need every advantage we can get to beat the tutorial battle.
One wheel short of a wagon

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2023, 02:07:51 pm »

Lore, probably. I like Dr. Baker and Capt. Cunt. Very partial to Galvantula.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2023, 08:25:44 pm »

"Golurk. I chose a Golurk. A strong Ground and Ghost-type about to assault anything that tries to hurt me. I named them Glug. I think I was confused to say anything better when this titan first appeared before me.

"Naturally, Gary grabbed the Galvantula and Vileplume and fused them before my very eyes. His cocky grin wavered as he saw his creation, but his quivering lip returned to a smirk as he turned and challenged me to a battle.

"I'm not running."

"The resulting fusion was a Viletula, a poisonous spider that skittered across the ground in zig-zags. Golurk, all on their lonesome, stood tall. Despite the dopiness of their name, I knew immediately that Glug was no idiot. They watched the fusion carefully."

"Viletula made the first move, sending out an electric shock that sent current through the clay body of my beast. Glug's limbs visibly tensed, but they were unwilling to surrender."

"They began laying a beat-down against the Viletula, pounding away at it's body with giant fists and letting out Astonishing yells the whole while. It was on the ropes in seconds."

"Before I could process it, it was over. Other than the aftershocks of the paralysis, Glug took no damage as they erased the Viletula's chances at victory, and Gary's smug face fell to a silent scowl. I could tell Glug's power was rising ever greater."

"Hah! Snooze, you lose, El Capitan!"

"Man, shut up! Gah, I'll just have to find better Pokémon!"

"Asshole."

"Like that, he was gone. Oh well. He had a lot to prove, I think. Not that I cared at the time."

"Before I left, Professor Oak stopped me and asked me, kindly, to pick something up from the next town over, Viridian City. I needed to go there anyway for Pokémon League business: there was a gym in that town that needed going to. I gave him a thumbs up and walked off on my way. First stop, Gary's house. Something I had to take care of."

"But before then, I checked on Glug. As I thought: powerful."

(What I'm showing off here are Moves, Natures, and Abilities! Moves are the obvious moveset of a 'Mon. In this case, Glug has Pound, Defense Curl, Astonish, and Mud Slap. Moves of the same type as a Pokémon's typing become STAB (Same-Type Attack Bonus) moves, dealing extra damage. So, Astonish and Mud-Slap do more damage with the Ghost/Ground-type Golurk than they would with, say, a Rock-type. Natures are randomly decided personality traits that affect stats, increasing one and decreasing another. Quirky is actually neutral, not affecting any stats. Finally, Abilities are bonus effects that differentiate Pokémon on an individual level. In this case, Glug has Klutz, a pretty shitty ability that disallows them from from holding Items in battle, like Berries or Leftovers for Healing.)

"I went to meet with Gary's sister. No, not to kiss her and run away laughing at his face. But I trust I was petty enough to have considered it once upon a time. No, instead, she passed me a spare town map that the old Captain Cunt didn't want me having. I thanked her, and moved on. The grass between Route 1 and the Viridian City Pokémart was dewey that morning, and it was in walking through the wet blades that I discovered my first Wild Pokémon.

"...What."

"Another Golurk. It seems whatever the Kanto government did to diversify the ecosystem worked a little too well. Luckily, I fought it off, without much trouble."

"Along my walk, I met a worker at the PokéMart who decided to pass along a free sample. A Potion, always appreciated."

"Just a little south from the city, I met a young girl also interesting in Pokémon training, and who asked for a battle. I smiled and nodded, now confident in Glug."

"Aww!"

"Anyway..."

"I found another Wild Pokémon in the grass just at the edge of Route 1, a new beastie known as Banette, a pure Ghost-type. Ghost-types are weak against eachother, so I'm grateful that Glug somehow managed to outspeed the creature and knock it out in one blow with Astonish. In doing so, they got just a bit stronger."

"And just like that, Viridian City. I didn't waste time, though. First-stop, the Pokémon Center. A non-profit organization dedicated to the safety and health of every Pokémon in the world.  They've actually reached a bit of celebrity status: most of their clerks, the pink-haired ones, are apparently related, all going by Nurse Joy. Their last name. Sisters or cousins. The sheer coincidence is so striking that it's half the reason they get enough donations to build bigger Centers. The Nurse Joy in Kanto wasn't in today, though, it seems, instead being a woman of around twenty-two with brown hair. She was nice."

"Then, the Viridian City Pokémart. Your one-stop shop for potions, Pokéballs, and as I'd come to find out, DNA Splicers. I retrieved Oak's package, no problem, and then the cashier threw a little extra something in on top of that: a free Splicer for the delivery. Not bad. I pocked it and began the run home. It was uneventful, save for another run-in with a Golurk or two just outside of Pallet Town."

"The Professor was delighted to see me again, asking how me and Glug were getting along. In all the excitement, I had kind of forgotten to figure. But if the thrum of spectral energy that seemed to gingerly wrap across my shoulder meant anything, they were clearly a little bonded to me. Battle tends to drag people together. I just smiled and said they were doing alright."

"The parcel contained some special, custom Pokéballs for Oak's collection."

'

"As a reward for my valiant efforts, Oak passed me a couple of things to help me on my journey. Firstly, a set of five Pokéballs, for catching new Pokémon. I clipped them right to my belt as soon as they rolled into my hands."

"And secondly, a fine invention. The Pokédex. A collection of scientific data on every Pokémon out in the wild. With how Fusion has affected the landscape, it'd be impossible to catch them all. But catching plenty was fine with me."

"A wide grin formed on my face as I practically sprinted into the grass, eager to catch the first thing I saw, which turned out to be yet another Golurk. I wasted no time. I had Glug pelt it with mud until it was weak, then hurled my Pokéball! In a flash of light, it was caught inside. One click...two...then three! I got him. In the process, Glug got a little stronger, and decided to forgo punching for now in favor of Rolling Out against their foes. I didn't mind. I didn't care. I needed to have my own fusion."

"Power. As soon as I got back to the PokéCenter, I hooked Glug and his fellow Golurk up to the DNA Splicer and flicked the switch. The previewer device showed me a titan. But I wasn't ready for the power within."

(The theme used for Fusion in-game.)

"My jaw dropped. My eyes forced themselves ever open. What was once a ghostly clay titan was now a merged duo, an iron-fisted warrior. Still Glug, but a Glug of two minds. I smiled. They were...perfect."

(Everytime we fuse two Pokémon together, we can select which Nickname they use of the two (if both have one, the other Golurk was not named), their Nature, their Ability, and either selecting one of their movesets or combining the two. While not every Fusion will have Audience Participation, you will be able to vote for how the fused Pokémon turns out for the ones that do! In this case, both Glug and the other Golurk only had Klutz, with Iron Fist being the other option for which Ability they would have randomly gotten. Iron Fist raises the power of Moves themed around punching, by the way. Quirky, which is what I went with, is Glug's. Jolly is the other Golurk's, and is +Speed and -Special Attack. It probably would have been better to go with Jolly than Quirky, since Golurks aren't special attackers and are slow, but I figured a neutral nature would keep things simple for the LP Explanation.)

"Just like that, my journey had truly started. A powerful Fusion to help kickstart things and nothing holding me back. But I still had to be careful. Danger was all around..."

Hope you enjoyed! :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 05:53:40 am by Greatness942 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2023, 04:14:54 am »

Didn't know you could combine two of the same critter, also kind of wild that you found the exact same kind of critter in a randomly generated world right off the bat.

Can you fuses things to a fusion or is that not allowed?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2023, 05:50:49 am »

Didn't know you could combine two of the same critter, also kind of wild that you found the exact same kind of critter in a randomly generated world right off the bat.

Can you fuses things to a fusion or is that not allowed?

I know, right? That's crazy odds.

And no. Player fusions cannot receive a third piece to them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2023, 03:50:03 am »

I figured that's how it was but part of me was hoping the infinite fusion part of the game was how many times you could fuse things so you end up with god level abominations.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2023, 09:25:47 am »

Wow, sprites for same-critter fusions, too? I'm impressed. Plus Klutz got ditched. Can we see its stats now? Curious how much of a boost is was compared to just fusing two unrelated pokemon.
Pages: 1 [2]