Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 30238 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Indeed! I look forward to killing you N1.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Okay, I will be sending out roles in a few hours time. Last possible moment to sign up is now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - (Short, Beginner Friendly). Baking roles...
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2023, 05:19:18 pm »

Auto-Mafia Day 1

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

The day has begun. In 72 hours, on Friday, 23:30 GMT, the day will end and you will submit your lists and the rest of the game shall be automated. Town have three days to work out who is most suspicious.

There are two of the mafia, hidden among your number. D1 will proceed like a normal mafia day with a revealed flip, with automation kicking in for all successive phases. Good luck!

Vote Count
- Toonyman
- Jim Groovester
- MaximumSpin
- FallacyofUrist
- Fluffe9911
- a1s
- Zemaj
- Irony Owl
- No Elimination
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 05:36:22 pm by notquitethere »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2023, 05:23:37 pm »

But how will I shitpost in RVS if I can't vote people until the end of Day 1?

There are players I want to pick on, like FallacyofUrist, who is always scum and therefore a perfect target for RVS shitposting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2023, 05:27:47 pm »

Like, where's the fun in the game going to be if we're not going to risk accidentally hammering a player because of irresponsible early game voting?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2023, 05:40:12 pm »

Note: the eagle-eyed of you will see I have made a small correction in the OP about how voting on D1 works. I will be providing regular vote counts at ~12 hour intervals, but there are no hammers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 05:45:28 pm »

Fuck yes.

FallacyofUrist.

- There are no hammers.

Booooooooooo

It would be fucking hilarious if Day 1 ending in an unintentional quickhammer was a possibility.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 06:15:22 pm »

We compose our lists after the flip, huh?

That makes the first-Day execution very important.

It already was, really, since it's the only execution we can directly base off game behavior. The rest of the executions are just extrapolation.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 06:16:57 pm »

Fuck yes.

FallacyofUrist.
As usual I would like to note that I'm not scum this time. Unlike the usual I'm telling the truth. You have no idea how relieved I felt when I read those joyful words.

Now the question is, is Jim acting playful as cover for being scum? It's too early to tell.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 06:26:47 pm »

notquitethere: What happens if two players choose to sheep each other? Does the game crash, summoning an eldritch demon to eat us all?
Generic Arms Race.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 06:38:58 pm »

notquitethere: What happens if two players choose to sheep each other? Does the game crash, summoning an eldritch demon to eat us all?
This is a very good question, one which I should have anticipated. It would be unsatisfying if players lost out on their votes because of sheeping one another... If players are sheeping, they are encouraged to also submit a list of suspicions in case their sheep sheeps them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 06:48:50 pm »

This is a very good question, one which I should have anticipated. It would be unsatisfying if players lost out on their votes because of sheeping one another... If players are sheeping, they are encouraged to also submit a list of suspicions in case their sheep sheeps them.
Then if two players sheep each other, and each submits a backup list, which list is followed?
Generic Arms Race.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 07:17:22 pm »

Then if two players sheep each other, and each submits a backup list, which list is followed?
I guess I flip for it. But let's try to avoid that happening, okay. I want a good clean game with minimal paradoxes.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2023, 07:49:40 pm »

Woot!  Let's go!

I'm definitely invested in a game that has a rule change/clarification posted ~20min after game start.

Based on posts so far, my early reads tell me that JimGroovester and FallacyOfUrist are top candidates for our scum.  It is early yet, but think I may have just wrapped it up on D1... not bad.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2023, 07:52:49 pm »

Glad to hear we've already wrapped everything up.

Wait, wait, wait. I'm not mafia though.

So why would you think that I am?
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15