Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29474 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2023, 07:54:59 am »

I love fakeclaiming Miller because everyone should fakeclaim Miller until it becomes less of a Town confirmation, but until that happens, I'm claiming Miller regardless of whether I'm Miller or not Miller.
Being honest, I'd vote you just for that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2023, 07:59:47 am »

More seriously, NQT. NJW is also on the list for that horrendous case against Toaster. Pick it apart if you don't agree with their logic, don't just say everybody noticed it. I didn't at the time, and I can guess a few others didn't either.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2023, 08:22:38 am »

Pfp

@Tric Ok, sure, not everyone noticed it. It was more the “looks like no one else will be caught out by this so I’ll explain the slip” vibe, when it a) wasn’t a slip, just a failure to see something, and b) the “slip” was in any case not seeing the thing, so anyone who needed it explained would be halfway guilty of it themselves. But yes, it wasn’t immediately obvious what Toaster meant.

People seem to be suggesting that this is Toaster’s meta, but… weak scumhunting and exaggerated-to-the-point-of-falsehood scumhunting are two different things. And I’m seeing the latter.

Reads in half a dozen hours, posting on my lunch break.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2023, 08:23:27 am »

TricMagic, why are you voting me? I'm not in a cult, leading a cult, aligned with a cult, or even vaguely cult shaped.

You say NJW "is also on the list", but you haven't even attempted to present a list. Try again.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2023, 08:32:57 am »

@NQT: How many votes you got on you?
I'd very much like to vote you, but am no looking to hammer you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2023, 08:39:05 am »

Pfp

@Tric Ok, sure, not everyone noticed it. It was more the “looks like no one else will be caught out by this so I’ll explain the slip” vibe, when it a) wasn’t a slip, just a failure to see something, and b) the “slip” was in any case not seeing the thing, so anyone who needed it explained would be halfway guilty of it themselves. But yes, it wasn’t immediately obvious what Toaster meant.

People seem to be suggesting that this is Toaster’s meta, but… weak scumhunting and exaggerated-to-the-point-of-falsehood scumhunting are two different things. And I’m seeing the latter.

Reads in half a dozen hours, posting on my lunch break.
Maybe my problem with you is PoE, but I don't feel like that is a good enough defense for your vote.  I do worse shit than Toaster, and it's defensible by meta,  but Toaster does bad stuff and it's not?  How is that an unbiased assessment?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2023, 08:44:56 am »

Jack is town unless they're playing very savvy.

I still think NQT is probably town which surprisingly NJW also sees.

Web would 100% claim miller and is almost certainly lying unless there's a weird coincidence. In BYOR16 I complained that I should have claimed miller on D1 which Web would be aware of. I could see town!NQT voting Web while genuinely not understanding this. I don't really think it tells us anything about Web and voting him over it is dumb.

NQT continues to vote every player and most of the votes are essentially prodding enquiries or bad. I don't think it's alignment indicative.

Toaster's case on NQT is mediocre, but maybe their conviction is real.

Jim is shaddy. Slim shaddy.

It took me this long to realize Jim keeps mentioning a ziggurat because he's constructing a quote pyramid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2023, 08:48:29 am »

@web Honestly, I don’t know what I’ll see when I reread the thread, that was just my immediate reaction. You don’t seem to want NQT out solely on the basis Toaster does though, hence the vote on him and not you. And of course you might kill me on an alternating night while not being converted and inspecting as scum, and I’m very afraid of that happening.

I don’t know which “worse shit” you’re referring to, but as I’ve made clear, the issue isn’t so much Toaster posting nonsense as not helping find scum.

Now I should stop posting like this is a Facebook chat and get back to work.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2023, 08:49:21 am »

It's be GREAT if our lazy mod could tell us exactly how many votes is hammer...
By my count, there are three votes on NQT. So my 2 would put NQT at L-1.
I'm just not that sure on NQT, sorry.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2023, 08:50:23 am »

I disagree with the last point too, this play really isn't in NQT's meta as town or scum, but town!NQT does make dumb or plodding errors and scum!NQT really knows when to STFU, so if anything this is town!NQT. I've been mafia with him though, so maybe Toaster just doesn't know his meta.
I find this defense pretty convincing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2023, 08:58:41 am »

It's be GREAT if our lazy mod could tell us exactly how many votes is hammer...
I suppose it’s fair to ask.

Hammer arrives at the majority of available votes. That would be 6 currently.

I’ll even be nice and tally up a votecount for y’all once I get out of work today.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2023, 09:16:57 am »

Why do you want to OMGUS me instead of answering my question? That's not inclining me to unvote you!

EuchreJack, I can't work out the deal with these threats you're making to double omgus people who vote you? Is that helpful?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2023, 09:26:56 am »

Why do you want to OMGUS me instead of answering my question? That's not inclining me to unvote you!

EuchreJack, I can't work out the deal with these threats you're making to double omgus people who vote you? Is that helpful?
I think it's helpful to me. If someone with less than 3 votes on them could vote me, I could give my info to town.

I also think it's helpful to note that Scum would probably avoid that, even if unproven.

Finally, you get town points for questioning and testing this. Don't spend them all in one post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2023, 09:33:30 am »

Because to EuchreJack, his confirmation of his Ability is the same as his confirmation that he has not lied.  Do not overthink his Actions.

I disagree with the last point too, this play really isn't in NQT's meta as town or scum, but town!NQT does make dumb or plodding errors and scum!NQT really knows when to STFU, so if anything this is town!NQT. I've been mafia with him though, so maybe Toaster just doesn't know his meta.
I find this defense pretty convincing.
I am in agreement actually, but I do not think that Toaster thinks he is wrong about NQT.  It may not be completely right, but his logic is internally consistent with how Toaster plays, and I am okay with NQT's removal as I think he is doing a thing where he votes everyone and then posts a giant list of observations related to each vote as a way to appear Townie.  It's something I'd see him try as scum because it's active and requires a bit of effort, but it's not casebuilding on a single target.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2023, 09:37:32 am »

I feel like NQT and Toony are taking joke votes as serious votes, which I think is pretty weird.

Also

Vote Jim
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 88