Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29462 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2023, 12:43:49 am »

That's a suspicious amount of analysis about a previous game when you really should be killing the bad men based on your caveman feelings about their badness so that we can get on with this horrible game.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2023, 12:56:27 am »

That's a suspicious amount of analysis about a previous game when you really should be killing the bad men based on your caveman feelings about their badness so that we can get on with this horrible game.
I can do both. I have layers.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2023, 12:59:09 am »

I think we also killed you N1 so haha your face.
BTW: you lynched me like d3.
Actually, I think you did try to kill me N1 but it didn't take because I was jailkept, then the poor sucker who jailkept me thunderdomed me thinking I'd done the kill and the whole thing spiralled from there. Also Jack and I made you our Neighbor.
Oh fuck, it was THAT game?

I kinda want to kill Toony now...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2023, 02:10:11 am »

Toony, Toony, Toony.

Toony.

The thing is that Max is correct.  You are doubting yourself.  The points you should be asking yourself is the following:

- Who knows what the scum team really is?
- What are people hunting for?
- Why are they hunting for it?

Keep calm and let the Revolution guide you.  You are the Commander, after all.  And I am the Bodyguard!

Anyway, I can't be converted and inspect as Mafia, so it doesn't really matter.  I can obviously only win if Town wins.

It's prooooobably Knightwing and NQT.  I highly recommend blocking NQT Tonight.  I'll still be killing NJW, so there's not really a need to figure out his slot.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 12, 2023, 02:21:57 am »

Quote from: Toaster link=topic=181625.msg8475529#msg8475529
NJW:
There is something I haven't seen before though. Pretty sure Web is scared.

You honestly think Web is scared of two votes?  Really?
It was three, and stubborn players like me, NQT and Toony, who still haven’t moved as far as I can see. And yep, how else do you explain the quad posting, hissy fit, and telling other players to vote with him? Reread his reaction to Toony and I voting him.

This is… what Web does as scum when he feels threatened or want to control town. Tells people they suck at mafia, ramps the posting speed up, tells people he’ll kill them for not voting with him. Notice now that Toony is humming and hawing and Jim/NQT look more like elim candidates, Web is being much nicer.

I know other people in the game have pattern recognition, so I’m not too worried about this. It’s going to click eventually, and for some people I’m pretty sure it already has.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2023, 02:29:03 am »

Just divide the game into the people who like fun, the people who are scared of fun, and the people who should like fun but don't.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2023, 02:33:41 am »

Yes I'm on the same wave length as NJW here. My vote isn't shifting. This version of Web is a psychopath.

I don't even know why he's threatening to night kill NJW. And he doesn't actually believe I'm a cult leader, and he doesn't believe he needs to find any good reasons. Scum web does blatant scummy stuff. He loves that refuge in audacity playstyle.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2023, 02:53:39 am »

Web is being much nicer.
I am being nicer because the alternative is that I shutdown due to being the dumbest motherfucker alive for reasons that don't pertain to this game, and I'd rather not do that because I already have the dissociation brewing and I can't really fix anything anyways.  You can see why I try not do that.  So why not make the babiest steps I can to being a better person and not make that something negative in the game, okay?  Can I have that?  If you want say I'm buddying, fine.  But don't say I'm being nicer.  Because I'm not.  Being nicer would be doing nothing.  Forever!  Just do nothing!

I think we can all get behind that message, am I right?

This version of Web is a psychopath.
Can't argue with that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2023, 03:22:25 am »

I think we can all get behind that message, am I right?

NO! KILL!
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2023, 04:14:01 am »

-
That’s fair enough, I’m happy to see it as irrelevant to the game.

Still voting you for other reasons, but hope you’re ok, man
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2023, 04:46:40 am »

-
That’s fair enough, I’m happy to see it as irrelevant to the game.

Still voting you for other reasons, but hope you’re ok, man
Understandable.

I am Town, so you're wrong to do so, but I have and continue to see that.

So, how about this:  What would you like to see me do here?   I'm afraid I cannot compromise on the killing you aspect, but that's okay, because that's gonna happen if I'm alive.  But, I'm willing to hear why you don't think it's NQT.  I'd look it up, but I don't really have the energy to reread or think back that far,  but I see that you are fundamentally misunderstanding me because we see two different games.  So, here's some questions:

Do you think I am soloscum or teamscum?  Does it matter in terms of how this game is played?

What, exactly, bothers you about Jim, and, to a lesser extent, Toaster?  What bothers you about Max?

Have you considered the possible reasons Max and I have claimed as we have?  Do you think there is a reason?

Personally, I think you are playing the game incorrectly for the right reasons, which is why I have to kill you.  I know you don't understand that, but Max understands, and that's all that matters.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2023, 07:48:55 am »

Hey Web, would it be possible to boot up the lurker tracker, now we've had the first 50 hours?

--

I've stepped away and had a think and I'm in two minds about what Web, Max, and to some extent Jim are attempting to do here. But the funniest thing would be if Cult-Web is playing audaciously and pretending to be masons to pretend to be mind-gaming scum, and that's what Max thinks a town-Web is doing and so joins in... but Max is actually the rival cult leader.

Is that likely? Probably not. Would that be very funny? Yes.

--

Anyway, what I've tried to push a few players on but haven't got anything clear back: what exactly has Egan done to hunt the cults? How long is Knightwing going to be given a free pass? They've both been very peripheral!

Also, does anyone believe Jim's claims about his ziggurat?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2023, 08:12:08 am »

I told you to vote Jim, but you still have not. So really, it's YOUR fault that he's not dead yet.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2023, 08:44:29 am »

Hey Web, would it be possible to boot up the lurker tracker, now we've had the first 50 hours?
Not at my computer currently, sorry.  Might be possible later.

I thought about Egan, but I don't see Egan as scum.  This very much appears to be the same type of overcorrecting behavior that Toony is doing.  (i.e.  Don't let up on your target, so you can build up a wagon.)

Knightwing, however, is a viable vote.  This is much more lurky Knightwing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2023, 09:19:41 am »

I don't even know why he's threatening to night kill NJW. And he doesn't actually believe I'm a cult leader, and he doesn't believe he needs to find any good reasons. Scum web does blatant scummy stuff. He loves that refuge in audacity playstyle.
The first is so that no one has to figure out if he's scum or not.  The second is patently untrue.  I don't know where you got the idea that I don't think you're a Cult Leader.  I absolutely do, for the reasons I listed earlier.  Your behavior is similar to what I believe that of conversion scum.  Delayed tactics don't work in Town's favor here, and yet you seem to stick to this point.  Explain your actions with voting multiple people.  What was the outcome, or is the intention that it is Night-oriented?

How is this not registering as a valid problem to you, but you continue to ignore it?  Are you trying to say my behavior is equivalent to yours?  I don't see that.  My behavior has been explained multiple times.  Yours has not.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 88