Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29734 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2023, 12:57:31 am »

The Day ends in 1 hour.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 13, 2023, 01:11:36 am »

Well, you got your wish.

I'm going to bed, so I cannot participate in further CFD shenanigans.  I lament the lack of NQT lynch.
It's true, NQT should be the one to die! Not Knightwing! Hahahaha!!

Ideally someone kills NQT tonight, or at least blocks him.

Day ends soon and freaking late so I can say or do whatever I want cause I ain't gonna be town after the next hour passes.

If Tric has a gun he should try to shoot me.

Any living cult members should try to recruit me. I'm prime real estate right here right now. Toaster and Jim have given me enough suspicion that I'm a good recruit! I'm not an obviously town player like Jack or Tric who should eat that convert right up. Oh no no no, I'm that middle ground of unreadable and uncannily competent. Do I know too much? It doesn't seem like it! I'm not even scum, yet!

Do I think Knightwing will flip scum? Probably not! I would rather have NQT than Knightwing!

Now who to give a present to...I know! I'll give it to the player who I think is most likely to recruit me. You know who you are. Expect a gloriously gibbous good. Hehehee!! Hah...gahahaha!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2023, 01:36:17 am »

Dear Cult Leaders,

Hi this is Toony. I'm writing this letter because I signed up to a stupid cult game and it has not gone well. I ended up town! I spent the last few days trying to find scum, which includes you guys. It tears my innards to have to do this to you. I can't stop the coding inside my brain. Knightwing's Father even ridiculed me about it last night after work. He doesn't think I want to have fun! Well, I do!

My dream is to join your cause. I don't care if I gotta drink goat blood or sacrifice maidens or eventually enjoy kool-aid. I just want to be part of something that means something. I'm so alone and aimless. I don't know how anybody goes on being faithlessly town this long. Give me that chocolate or strawberry flavor in life.

I don't know how to reach out to join since there ain't like a public church or anything. I tried wearing a black robe and wandering around the village but I got harassed by law enforcement. So I'm just going to leave this on the bulletin in town square. Hopefully one of you sees this. <3

Always Thinking Of You,

Toony 'Avid Cult Fan' Man

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2023, 01:37:22 am »

The sad truth about a Cult game is that each day that goes by without catching the Cult Leader, the more viable Toony's strategy of getting recruited becomes.

I recall one game that I won because I had bungled the game as town to the point that the Cult, with their last recruit before auto-win, recruited me. Thanks guys.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2023, 01:56:27 am »

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (2): Egan_BW, TricMagic
Knightwing64 (5): webadict, notquitethere, Maximum Spin, EuchreJack, Toaster
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Toaster (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
webadict (4): Knightwing64, NJW2000, Jim Groovester, ToonyMan

No Execution (0):

6 votes hammers.

Not Voting (0):

Well, it looks like you all decided Knightwing gets to die. webadict dodges that fate by the skin of his teeth.

Let's make this formal.

Knightwing64 has been executed.

I think you'll find these results... interesting.

Knightwing64 was Town.

"You win once all all anti-Town players have been eliminated from the game, OR all living players other than you are Spiderjacked at the start of the Day - this triggers Mass Detonate."

Knightwing64 was Mechaspider Artificer.

You must want to see the full role, too? Well, take a look.

(Innate) Mass Detonate: If triggered, your robotic spiders automatically explode, killing every living player other than you. This does not fulfill the Town win condition.
{0AP} (Night) Detach [choice]: You order your robotic spider minion to spare a player of your choice, for now. The chosen player loses the Spiderjacked status condition at the end of the Night, if they have it.
{1AP} (Single, Night) Beta Testing[]: You test the mechanisms that will be present in your newest invention. Choose a Spider ability you possess. It will cost 1 AP less to use next Night.
{2AP} (Night) Nerve-Stimulating Spider [target]: You create a robotic spider with nerve-energizing capability, that attaches to the spine of your target. They gain the Spiderjacked status condition, with the hidden text “You have 1 additional AP available to you during each Phase.”
{2AP} (Night) Siphon Spider [target]: You create a robotic spider with metasiphoning capability, which attaches to the spine of your target. Choose a color of Lucky Number. Your target gains the Spiderjacked status condition, with the hidden text “Before the start of each Day, your {color} Lucky Number is reduced by 2 and the player with the Mechaspider Artificer role’s {color} Lucky Number is increased by 2.”
{2AP} (Night) Interference Spider [target][choice x2]: You create a robotic spider with shock-deterrence capability, which attaches to the spine of your target. Choose two players. Your target gains the Spiderjacked status condition, with the hidden text “If you attempt to target {player1} or {player2} with an action, you will be automatically roleblocked.”
{3AP} (1-Shot, Night) Mass Hypnosis [target/self][choices]: You overwrite the neurology of your spiderjacking victims. Choose any number of players who are Spiderjacked. Their votes will be unable to be placed on your target the next Day.

Quote from: Reference
(Reference) (Status) Spiderjacked: There’s a robotic spider attached to your spine! If you make an information claim in the public thread about specific information from this status condition, the spider explodes, which kills you. (The explosion does remove Spiderjacked after the kill.)
Examples:
‘Something bad happened to me last night’ is fine.
‘I gained a bad status condition last night’ is fine.
‘My status condition puts me at risk of death’ is death.
‘If I claim about my status condition, I die’ is death.
‘I am Spiderjacked’ is death.

I hope you are satisfied with what you have decreed.

Night 1 has begun, and will end at 3 AM Central time, Sunday, May 14th. It may end sooner if all players submit their actions quickly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 02:35:17 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Processing Night actions.

This may... take a while.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You all return the next morning, though given the situation with the cults and all, your loyalty may be less certain than before.

Also, notquitethere is glowing golden.

The hot dog stand is still open, if any of you have need.

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Toaster (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):

6 votes hammers.

Not Voting (11): Egan_BW, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, notquitethere, NJW2000, Toaster, ToonyMan, TricMagic, webadict

Day 2 ends at 1 AM Wednesday, Central time, May 17th.
Generic Arms Race.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (10 / 11) - Day 2 - Bright Gold Dawn
« Reply #472 on: May 14, 2023, 02:30:42 am »

Hi there.
I did some investigatoring, but nothing super conclusive.

Who is offering for me to give them one of my abilities, and why should I accept?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2023, 02:39:23 am »

Who is offering for me to give them one of my abilities, and why should I accept?
You should accept because we're very good friends.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 14, 2023, 02:43:54 am »

How convincing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 14, 2023, 02:44:34 am »

Also, one of my numbers went up but the rest stayed the same. It was the green one which is... probably good?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 14, 2023, 02:50:27 am »

So I tried to inspect webadict but I couldn't target him.

But webadict claimed mafia miller mason!

I would have learned his win condition as well.

I also received an ability (from I expect ToonyMan) of uncertain utility since it affects one of the lucky numbers but not the one I know about.

Jimnosis.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 14, 2023, 02:59:57 am »

My pink number increased... I hope that's good.

Anyone want to claim why I'm golden?

Also, I think we can all agree we dodged a big spine spider bullet by taking out Knightwing early. He might not have been cult but he was essentially a serial killer.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 14, 2023, 03:11:34 am »

"If... if is good."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 88