Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29721 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (10 / 11) - Day 2 - Bright Gold Dawn
« Reply #555 on: May 14, 2023, 01:39:02 pm »

Checks Max off the list of visitors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 14, 2023, 01:51:37 pm »

Numbers-wise, no unexpected change here. I don't think we should claim our numbers.

Spoiler: replies to Jim (click to show/hide)

NJW, good job in the inspect. And yes, now D1 is done I'll be more circumspect with my voting. Why Jim?
No, not at all, you misunderstand. I don't want circumspection, throwing your vote around is fine and in any case, it's not my job to pull you up short on it. I just want you to kill someone more interesting next time.

Jim because I figured a lot of people would action Web (did EJ threaten to? irrelevant), and because my read on Web was stronger and more certain, so I had more to gain by inspecting Jim.

I also gave NJW an item.
Yadda yadda item yadda yadda confirmation yes he did yadda yadda play to win with your wincon

Also my second thing that could be confirmed was lowering one of Web's numbers a small amount but looks like Egan disrupted that. Pity, because multiple actions ain't free, but oh well.

Suspicious why I'm still town!! If you remember I gave you and Tric and Egan top townreads and yet no conversion. Either you're all total blockheads or you're all town.
Going to level with you here: I don't think there are conversions.
You for real? FoU isn't that sadistic.

On the other hand, non-converting multi-person cults would explain your preservation of Webadict and the cowardly KW elimination... Hmph.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 14, 2023, 02:04:03 pm »

Checks NJW off the list of visitors. I can keep doing this till everyone has posted.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 14, 2023, 02:07:52 pm »

Sorry just swooping in, so probably missing some stuff. But quickly while I have a moment:

Max is Max. He's probably town since I don't think he boon'd himself. I think that's pretty good logic.
I don't get this thinking when there are 2+ rival scum teams. I think that's pretty bad logic.

Notquitethere, the term I have for you is Guardian.
Thank you? Do I need to do anything?

--

We know that there's a second cultist (possible a third or fourth too). I have a way of killing (it required a bit of setup but I think I'm there). I could just kill Jim tonight, Web can track me doing it, and we can try and execute the second cult leader today.

The way I see it we've got two options:

1. We execute Jim and then I hope to hit the second cult leader in the night
----1A. the second cult leader has a chance to convert and the game continues.
----1B. Jim might not even be scum due to framing nonsense
2. We try and find and execute the second cult leader (it's almost certainly Toaster btw), and I kill Jim in the night. Or Web uses the kill he's claimed if he'd prefer to do it that way.
----2A. We successfully hit the cult leader, and the game either ends here, or there's maybe a cult minion hanging around to find
----2B. We fail to hit the cult leader and it sucks
----2C. We fail to shoot Jim in the night due to role nonsense and it super sucks.

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it and the right play is just to do the simple thing and hit Jim now, but I'm just very very wary of repeating the mistake I made in the last game. Toony, Max, you were at the heart of this dilemma in the last game. What do you reckon?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 14, 2023, 02:11:17 pm »

You for real? FoU isn't that sadistic.
Do you know some other, different Fallacy than I do?
We know that there's a second cultist (possible a third or fourth too).
We don't know anything. You keep bringing up the last game, but an early part of my strategy was to assert a very convincing but totally wrong setup and get everyone to tunnel into thinking about the game as two scumteams of two. This ended up tying ToonyMan's hands since he couldn't contradict it without revealing himself as a third member of a team.

So ask yourself, where did the idea of two independent cult leaders come from? Cui bono?

By the way, what's your extra win condition?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 14, 2023, 02:13:35 pm »

If it doesn't mean anything to you, no. If it does, also no. (For now.) Just wanted to see if you did recognize it.

Ninja Max. That's quite the question?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 14, 2023, 02:15:48 pm »

Ninja Max. That's quite the question?
What's your extra win condition?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 14, 2023, 02:16:20 pm »

Max is Max. He's probably town since I don't think he boon'd himself. I think that's pretty good logic.
I don't get this thinking when there are 2+ rival scum teams. I think that's pretty bad logic.
I'm assuming Jim is guilty. It's possible that a third cult leader boon'd Max and was also correct in Max being scum.

I don't think it's very likely.

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it and the right play is just to do the simple thing and hit Jim now, but I'm just very very wary of repeating the mistake I made in the last game. Toony, Max, you were at the heart of this dilemma in the last game. What do you reckon?
From (recent) personal experience Jim is probably guilty and it's better not to have him alive for another night.

I think my second pick is you or Web.

I guess Toaster is my a third pick. With a dash of Jack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 14, 2023, 02:17:17 pm »

I might as well answer this too.

Knightwing's other win condition caught me by surprise. My only wincon is the Town wincon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 14, 2023, 02:23:14 pm »

I might as well answer this too.

Knightwing's other win condition caught me by surprise. My only wincon is the Town wincon.
It's not a wincon. It's just the case that if it blows up everyone else but Knight and a single cultist, Knight(Town) would lose. Likewise if Knightwing got converted, they could use that ability to play towards Cult win condition. Which by itself is an argument against cults being unable to recruit. There are just a number of methods to block recruitment attempts, such as Web's, Egans, and Knight's.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 14, 2023, 02:27:43 pm »

It's not a wincon. It's just the case that if it blows up everyone else but Knight and a single cultist, Knight(Town) would lose. Likewise if Knightwing got converted, they could use that ability to play towards Cult win condition. Which by itself is an argument against cults being unable to recruit. There are just a number of methods to block recruitment attempts, such as Web's, Egans, and Knight's.
This is wrong, and you should look again.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 14, 2023, 02:30:46 pm »

Are you entirely sure of this, insofar as your wincon looks exactly like the first part of Knightwing's, and doesn't even have the words 'OR' or 'AND' in it?

Because I thought the same thing yesterday when I didn't realize it was meant to be two separate parts, because my extra wincon sounded like it could have been part of the town wincon. In fact, mine is even an AND, not an OR, which just seems like even more of a dick move on Fallacy's part.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 14, 2023, 02:34:53 pm »

Are you entirely sure of this, insofar as your wincon looks exactly like the first part of Knightwing's, and doesn't even have the words 'OR' or 'AND' in it?

Because I thought the same thing yesterday when I didn't realize it was meant to be two separate parts, because my extra wincon sounded like it could have been part of the town wincon. In fact, mine is even an AND, not an OR, which just seems like even more of a dick move on Fallacy's part.
(Innate) Mass Detonate: If triggered, your robotic spiders automatically explode, killing every living player other than you. This does not fulfill the Town win condition.
If you're talking about this part.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 14, 2023, 02:36:02 pm »

I see the relevant bit now. That does mean that whichever alignment they were a part of would win though?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 14, 2023, 02:37:38 pm »

If you're talking about this part.
I'm not.
I'm talking about this part:
"You win once all all anti-Town players have been eliminated from the game, OR all living players other than you are Spiderjacked at the start of the Day - this triggers Mass Detonate."
If he had achieved that serial killer win condition, he would have won and town would have lost.

I also think... was it NJW? is crazy for saying Knightwing wouldn't pursue it. Of course he would! He loves shit like that.

I see the relevant bit now. That does mean that whichever alignment they were a part of would win though?
No, because it explicitly says it DOESN'T work like that in the ability. He wins, and town loses.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 88