Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29731 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (9 / 11) - Day 3 - Game of Clones
« Reply #825 on: May 17, 2023, 10:21:15 pm »

Fallacy has informed me that I misunderstood the intention of the ability I mentioned: It can actually burn *any* ability you started with, and doesn't have anything to do with innate-ness. Rather than making the refilled ability innate, too, it just makes that ability part of your role as if you'd started with it (if you didn't), and not part of any other role.

Oh, right, you gave them to Egan and NJW2000, I see.
So how the hell did I get one?
Well, you either stole it, bought it, or someone gave it to you, because I didn't give you one.

They are still available to purchase, though.
Didn't buy it. It showed up at the end of the night. But I think this could have happened if one of my abilities silently failed, leaving me unexpectedly targetable. The hot dog would have been redirected from one of those players to me.

Uh, see, I used two self-buses together so that any actions targeting me would instead target the bus targets, and actions targeting those players would get swapped among them.
Then I, uh,
forgot
who I'd targeted. I didn't save it in my sent items. I'm assuming Jack must have been one since he got the rifle.
Reconstructing what I most likely did, I'm pretty sure this means NJW2000 also got a rifle, didn't claim it, and is probably cult.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 17, 2023, 10:27:18 pm »

I think you're probably right that it's Toaster -> NJW2000 for the last Cult... lol, because he tried to recruit Max!  I bet Toaster tried to recruit either Jim Groovester or me, and it failed, since Toaster hasn't really said anything in particular.

I'm willing to Roleblock Toaster Tonight, if someone can keep NJW2000 in check, or vice versa.

Wait, doesn't that mean that EuchreJack is also Cult?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 17, 2023, 10:30:02 pm »

I don't have that ability!

BTW, if I know the name of a (non-innate) ability owned by a living player, I can copy it onto someone next night. Can anyone think of any broken combos we could do that way?
For what it's worth, I have an ability that would be helpful:
Gleaming Lotus Onyx Pearl+: You grow a perfect pearl shield around your target. Negative actions that are used on them this Night have their effects delayed until the next Night, but the effects of alignment conversion actions and Lucky Number reduction actions are completely nullified.

It prevents a person from being converted if you point it at them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 17, 2023, 10:31:06 pm »

That might actually be true that Toaster + NJW2000 + EuchreJack is scum if the 6 Town Players includes Egan_BW twice.

Not sure...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 17, 2023, 10:31:55 pm »

... Mmmm... But, maybe Toaster's Recruit can go through Busses.  Who knows.  No point thinking about it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 17, 2023, 10:32:10 pm »

I think you're probably right that it's Toaster -> NJW2000 for the last Cult... lol, because he tried to recruit Max!  I bet Toaster tried to recruit either Jim Groovester or me, and it failed, since Toaster hasn't really said anything in particular.

I'm willing to Roleblock Toaster Tonight, if someone can keep NJW2000 in check, or vice versa.

No, I think Max bussed Toony & Me, hence my getting the Gun.
It also explains what happened with my disabling Max...it also got redirected to Toony, but since I already disabled Toony, it didn't do anything else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 17, 2023, 10:35:17 pm »

...at any rate, the priority is Kill Leaders, then Recruits. Once both leaders are dead, my opposition to dying is contingent on whether it loses town the game.

I got a gun, Web has a gun, if another town player has a gun, we can all kill someone tonight (assuming they're all do 3 red damage).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 17, 2023, 10:35:49 pm »

If someone tried to recruit me N2, yes.
If someone had recruited NJW2000 N1, not necessarily.
If NJW2000 is actually the cult leader, and didn't try to recruit me N2, not necessarily.

If Tric is right that there were 3 cult at the end of N2, it'd have to be the Jim Soul Recipient and a team of two, so I wasn't recruited N2 UNLESS Jack is also the Jim Soul Recipient.
On the other hand, if Egan actually does count as two town in that count and there are four cult, it's perfectly possible. Tric and Egan should probably both ask for clarification on that.
It's also possible that Tric's count doesn't apply at the *end* of N2, but I don't immediately know what that would imply. Probably a town loss. Haven't thought it through, not going to.

It also explains what happened with my disabling Max...it also got redirected to Toony, but since I already disabled Toony, it didn't do anything else.
Wrong. I won't explain why this is definitely wrong, but it is.

I see web already figured out what I said about the towncount, but I'm leaving it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 17, 2023, 10:36:15 pm »

That might actually be true that Toaster + NJW2000 + EuchreJack is scum if the 6 Town Players includes Egan_BW twice.

Not sure...
Pretty sure I count as two town players in terms of nightgame and only one town player in terms of daygame/vote. So that count probably would double count me?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 17, 2023, 10:37:27 pm »

If someone tried to recruit me N2, yes.
If someone had recruited NJW2000 N1, not necessarily.
If NJW2000 is actually the cult leader, and didn't try to recruit me N2, not necessarily.

If Tric is right that there were 3 cult at the end of N2, it'd have to be the Jim Soul Recipient and a team of two, so I wasn't recruited N2 UNLESS Jack is also the Jim Soul Recipient.
On the other hand, if Egan actually does count as two town in that count and there are four cult, it's perfectly possible. Tric and Egan should probably both ask for clarification on that.
It's also possible that Tric's count doesn't apply at the *end* of N2, but I don't immediately know what that would imply. Probably a town loss. Haven't thought it through, not going to.

Wrong. I won't explain why this is definitely wrong, but it is.

I see web already figured out what I said about the towncount, but I'm leaving it.
And the worst possible option: Tric misread his result, and we're all screwed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 17, 2023, 10:39:45 pm »

Pretty sure I count as two town players in terms of nightgame and only one town player in terms of daygame/vote. So that count probably would double count me?
You should ask Fallacy whether, hypothetically, a totally hypothetical action that counts how many players are town would count you twice.

Kind of feel like EuchreJack's panic misdirection is backing up the Yes, Actually, Someone Did Try To Convert Me N2 theory.

It would explain why I got the extra 1AP for "doing something funny", too. That's how you get extra AP from lol, lmao: if Fallacy thinks you caused something funny with your night action, you get +1 for the next night once per night. Which I did. Definitely sounds like causing someone to unexpectedly recruit two seemingly random players for the price of one would be something Fallacy finds funny.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 17, 2023, 10:40:09 pm »

BTW, if I know the name of a (non-innate) ability owned by a living player, I can copy it onto someone next night. Can anyone think of any broken combos we could do that way?
Gleaming Lotus Onyx Pearl+: You grow a perfect pearl shield around your target. Negative actions that are used on them this Night have their effects delayed until the next Night, but the effects of alignment conversion actions and Lucky Number reduction actions are completely nullified.

That's good, but it would be faster to just copy Godfather onto someone.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 17, 2023, 10:40:32 pm »

That's good, but it would be faster to just copy Godfather onto someone.
Agreed

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 17, 2023, 10:41:13 pm »

You should ask Fallacy whether, hypothetically, a totally hypothetical action that counts how many players are town would count you twice.

Kind of feel like EuchreJack's panic misdirection is backing up the Yes, Actually, Someone Did Try To Convert Me N2 theory.

It would explain why I got the extra 1AP for "doing something funny", too. That's how you get extra AP from lol, lmao: if Fallacy thinks you caused something funny with your night action, you get +1 for the next night once per night. Which I did. Definitely sounds like causing someone to unexpectedly recruit two seemingly random players for the price of one would be something Fallacy finds funny.

Look, all I know is that I didn't start as Cult, and I wasn't told that I am now Cult.  So fuck you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 17, 2023, 10:45:33 pm »

Frankly, I wish I WAS converted, then I could be laughing it up in scumchat, rather than having Fallacy's Nightmare Mechanics throwing Scum in my face.

...I think I have contributed enough today.  I'll keep voting NQT, and if anyone wants to announce they're shooting NJW2000 or Toaster, then I'll do that also.
Otherwise, I have no reason to further engage in this horseshit.

You wanna lose the game? Fine, vote me and be done with it.  Not my problem.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88