Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkePol Thread?)  (Read 10777 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkPol Thread?)
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2023, 10:17:31 pm »

And yet Turkey is still one of the 20 largest economies in the world and an important player in the region. Keep in mind that with EU-Russia trade drying up Turkey is uniquely positioned as transit country and economic capacities for cooperation and engagement with Central Asia.

Russia fuck up made Central Asia, which for years have been Russian domain, a free for all. Turkey is leveraging its influence among turkic people and invest heavily to be connected into Chinas belt and road. China invests heavily to supplant Russia. It seems that even Afghanistan, Pakistan and India might bridge some issues for the oil pipeline. A lot of interesting things.

As for investments money talk.. especially when world is facing precarious economic future.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2023, 11:24:38 pm »

The World is a small place.  Number 20 ain't so large as far as economies go.

Being shitburger transit state might work for a time, but it's not really adding to the economic future. It's like how the Middle East is gonna have a hard reckoning once US & EU go electric.  Some Saudi Princes will probably just move, since their country will have much less to offer them. Maybe to Turkey.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2023, 11:58:42 pm »

The World is a small place.  Number 20 ain't so large as far as economies go.

Being shitburger transit state might work for a time, but it's not really adding to the economic future. It's like how the Middle East is gonna have a hard reckoning once US & EU go electric.  Some Saudi Princes will probably just move, since their country will have much less to offer them. Maybe to Turkey.

Without something like the construction of many, many new nuclear power stations going for electric cars won't change much. Maybe, maybe balance will change somewhat and oil will be like 30% cheaper. It is more than enough for Saudi to live as they do now.

As for the topic, there is no Islamist country (that also doesn't have a lot of oil) that is not dirt poor. This is why I think that If Turkey is going to become Sunni Iran, it won't have oil to maintain its economy
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2023, 01:26:15 am »

Without something like the construction of many, many new nuclear power stations going for electric cars won't change much. Maybe, maybe balance will change somewhat and oil will be like 30% cheaper. It is more than enough for Saudi to live as they do now.

As for the topic, there is no Islamist country (that also doesn't have a lot of oil) that is not dirt poor. This is why I think that If Turkey is going to become Sunni Iran, it won't have oil to maintain its economy

Exactly. We simply can't afford becoming a sharia state. That would be a one-way-ticket ticket to complete civilisation collapse. I am not exaggerating. I just know my people well.

Also, yes, the Saudi elite have been buying land from the Black Sea region for some time now. They sense what is to come I suppose.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2023, 02:17:25 am »

One of the things that contributed to Germans economic competitiveness was that the cheap commodities from Russia, and I don't mean just oil and gas but there are a lot of other raw materials essential for its industry. That why Germany was ignoring Russia shitburger-ness and was bending over to keep this economic link alive up until the invasion. Because money talk.

Turkey as the bridge between Europe and Asia stands to benefit from becoming a transit station. They already hitting record high activity by working with Russia, are trying to tap into central Asia, and from there into China's belt and road. Also they are not planning to be just transit state, they are investing heavily in local industries to go up the value chain and become industrial powerhouse. From processing to production of motor vehicles, to arms to becoming a major global shipyard for EU.

As for going electric, as Strongpoint mentioned that is going to take time, meanwhile have you heard about the world super grid? Want to guess where the link between EU to China will likely go..

Edit: in the meantime there is some reckoning to US policy in the meddle east, who would have thought that countries don't like to be called shitburgers and eventually choose to team up and do business with others.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 02:37:49 am by jipehog »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2023, 11:57:06 am »

One of the things that contributed to Germans economic competitiveness was that the cheap commodities from Russia, and I don't mean just oil and gas but there are a lot of other raw materials essential for its industry. That why Germany was ignoring Russia shitburger-ness and was bending over to keep this economic link alive up until the invasion. Because money talk.

Sorry but NGL that reeks of reddit and their biases (the majority is emotionally and ideologically invested in nuclear, hence the butthurt, hence the springboard into all kinds of hot takes).

Don't per capita it

40 years ago, in 1983, germany had the strongest wages in europe, maybe not in absolute numbers, but adjusted for cost of living I really doubt pounds and francs took you as far as marks. Then they acquired their low salary sector through unification... What had been the perfect semi-permeable membrane crumbled (ikea is one of the big and famous companies that produced in east germany and sold in west germany) their overall economy adjusted downwards. Then in 2005 they had a giant reform of laborlaws, which turned germany into the biggest minimum wage sector among it's neighbours, and that is the correct reason to be mad at them, it makes them so competitive that sooner or later the standard of living of the whole EU will be threatened to be lowered.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2023, 01:02:15 pm »

As long as we can continue to blame Germany
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2023, 01:09:11 pm »

Haha, that's handy they play the scapegoat role so well, (the others merely adapted it they were born in it).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
let

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2023, 01:51:59 pm »

Don't per capita it
And?

40 years ago, in 1983, germany had the strongest wages in europe, maybe not in absolute numbers, but adjusted for cost of living I really doubt pounds and francs took you as far as marks. Then they acquired their low salary sector through unification... What had been the perfect semi-permeable membrane crumbled (ikea is one of the big and famous companies that produced in east germany and sold in west germany) their overall economy adjusted downwards. Then in 2005 they had a giant reform of laborlaws, which turned germany into the biggest minimum wage sector among it's neighbours, and that is the correct reason to be mad at them, it makes them so competitive that sooner or later the standard of living of the whole EU will be threatened to be lowered.
Relevance? Does any of that suppose to contradict what I said?

It seem like you kneejerking to something. I'll wait for your explantion but in the mean time here is quick reference
Germany's economic success is based largely on inflows of cheap energy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2023, 02:28:31 pm »

...and what does this have to do with Turkey?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2023, 02:44:33 pm »

It shows how economic interest trump detached ideologic hot takes (and how Turkey is uniquely position in Europe to to benefit from the new situation) Same goes for Saudi example where USA is running after even a bigger shitburger country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2023, 03:26:05 pm »

Have you ever been to Germany?
Because the Turks have. :P

Such joke. Much fun.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2023, 04:38:43 pm »

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 04:40:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2023, 04:57:32 pm »

Have you ever been to Germany?
Because the Turks have. :P

Such joke. Much fun.

Yeah, yeah... I hope you guys keep them, Almancılık is a disease.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2023, 03:15:11 am »

a disease.
Again, you should be more careful with your phrasings. Imagine if someone called you that.. you can't turn PC only when its convenient.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16