Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild  (Read 10038 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2023, 12:54:28 pm »

*Ripclaw tosses Ayes a knotty old bow*
I already have one of those. Thanks though.

And my vote is to release and follow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2023, 02:28:11 pm »

Awesome With Autism

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2023, 05:25:12 pm »

A) "We should torture the guy! I bet we can get away with it without killing him if we use our potions of skin blistering!
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2023, 05:54:54 pm »

"While this discussion is going on, let's get a comprehensive inventory completed."

Hmm, why doesn't it appear here.

"After we leave only items listed here will be available."
Awesome With Autism

PhaseBomb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2023, 10:22:03 am »

Intriguing idea Bruv. I'd wager on the skin blistering potion to produce results too. At the very least, it's worth trying for the spectacle, heh.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2023, 06:13:22 pm »

"I have a wicked side myself, but try to leave that in the kitchen. If I am going to break a potential tie and not support Aywen, then I'm going to want more information about these potions. I have requested Alchemy Guildmaster Da'Lir's presence. Maybe that crustacean can clarify if A, these are infact non-leathal, and B, don't do permanent damage."

"If anyone is feeling impatient then they can just try some of it themselves. That would surely give us the answers too."
Awesome With Autism

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2023, 07:01:43 pm »

Da'Lir scuttles in timidly, not long after being summoned.

"Hello there, I see you've found a use for those potions. I hope you'll forgive me being a little imprecise with this stuff since skin blisters are not something I've ever had to deal with personally. But I can assure you those are non-lethal. Unless you're forcing him to drink it.

You're not forcing him to drink it, are you?

They shouldn't be lethal even if you drink them but I'm less sure. Would probably cause some nasty inflammation in the throat. As for permanent damage, well these are actually fairly potent. So the effects will be quick and possibly a little extreme. Going into pain shock wouldn't be too surprising and some mild scarring on the exposed skin can be expected in the long term. Also very important; handle with gloves,"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2023, 08:03:01 am »

"Thank you guildmaster."

"Due to this potentially rendering our captive permanently scared, I feel I must side with Aywen. Our best course of action is to release and follow. As party leader, I will break the tie in a day, but you may continue to discuss this new information and change sides before I am forced choose for the group."
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2023, 08:44:10 am »

Blacktooth Ripclaw doodles the himonculus' handsome humanlike face, as well as the golemn's grim pleasure at the prospect of torturing the goblin for answers.

Formatting Rule
While Keyforged is still going in some capacity, use an avatar and colored font while speaking in-character. It's much better if everybody does it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 05:55:11 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2023, 07:27:16 am »

The tower golem looms menacingly over nothing, and a kobold is already pouncing. Some marsh bats and frogs join the assault on the void. The underground magic vault is complete, and the trophy room already has a modest collection. Light pattering on the soil above agitates their rest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's raining and the surrounding hills of trees are a dark jagged contrast from the bright blue morning sky. Bruv wipes away a thick splattering of mud from his face, replacing it with a smear. He is working diligently on the log fence, the one that forms the perimeter around Keyforged Outpost. After patching up a hole, he heads back to rejoin Aywen's Adventurers over at the gate and gives the thumbs up.

Garrett carries the thrashing greenskin intruder. Ayes and Brightbuckle go to either side to pull the gates open. Garrett sets it down, and it immediately turns to attack the party, before the doors slam before its' pointy nose. They all turn back to look at the watchtower, where Ripclaw nods down on them and tracks the scampering beast with a sideways blinking sickle sharp eye.

"I saw which way it went. Follow me!"

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Get ready...
When we arrive, we'll stop outside the goblin camp and assess, so there's no need to activate your class abilities yet. Each room I will give all party members at least 48 hours to act, before I post the next room. You can say "do nothing" if there's no need to wait for you. Warriors have no active abilities, so I will not wait for Garrett if no contextual options have been given.

Curious Possessions
Unidentified items have abysmal trading value, due to low haggle confidence, and edible ones may make you sick if consumed, due to improper preparation. This is despite potentially having better attributes once identified. If you do identify some of your mysterious items, for this adventure they will remain mysterious until we return, but they will gain fitting benefits for next time.

Out and About
As I happen to be a Cartography Guild member, why don't you choose a travel activity for me to record? We are headed to the Hills of Armandis in the east. The items you gather will be useful for trade or potentially, in and of themselves. I'll use the same rare item rolls as last time since no one traveled on that cycle, and this one will end when we finish, rather than on a timer.
Awesome With Autism

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2023, 12:21:08 pm »

Bruv would like to do the camping activity for now.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

PhaseBomb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2023, 12:07:04 pm »

Garrett will go nesting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 03:02:10 pm by PhaseBomb »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2023, 12:31:54 pm »

I will forage for food.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2023, 02:23:14 pm »

Ayes' Adventurers stay just out of sight of the retreating goblin. It leads them to a cave, which Ripclaw says is Spirit Bear Cave according to some old maps he remembers. The goblin, feeling relaxed, decides to go fishing before returning. [roll: 1] The party watches from a shallow hill overlooking the river. Perhaps they should recapture the goblin, or maybe just let it return, or maybe kill the goblin. Unfortunately, such a discussion is aborted before it can begin as falling pebbles from their perch alerts it.

Spoiler: Goblin Camp (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ayes' Adventurers (click to show/hide)

The party reaches the goblin camp after 1 hour of travel. They lost the element of surprise. Aywen noticed a large black feather near some wagon tracks leading into the cave.

Active abilities can now be used. We are about to enter the first room.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 02:01:29 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2023, 04:11:01 am »

The current turn ends in under half a day.
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12