Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Quest: Land of the Crate.  (Read 13409 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2023, 07:24:34 am »

(He flubbed it and didn't get a surprise round.  He'll attack normally along with everyone else.)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2023, 03:15:18 pm »

Assessing the situation, it seems the giant lizardman is the biggest threat. Terinas stabs him with her spear.
she/her

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2023, 10:39:34 pm »

Gnwbimbar stealthily stings the opponent who seems to be the most distracted with his envenomed conical gnome hat.
(12 vs 4) (11+2 vs 6) (4+4)

That would be the Boar Knight, being the only one actually wounded.  It's not terribly difficult to poison someone with an open wound, bleeding from their side.  The gnome steps in deftly, applies the hat, and steps out, back into the larger chaos of the bar brawl.

"That stings! How barbaric!"

Pounce on the two prone ones and grapple them!

(8+1 (-2) vs 7 (-4) and 10+2 (-4))

The bird person recovers in time to roll away, but all that means is the kraken only has one victim, snagging the human within an excess of tentacles.  This may prove dangerous.

"Please just leave us alone."
Ahrian's tails flare upwards and then fan out around her as lights begin twinkling down their lengths, which upon reaching their tips form small bolts of flame which float there for a moment before careening towards the people assaulting herself and her teammates.
"Please!"

(3+2)(3+3)(6+3)(9)

Ahrian calls up fire from within herself within the crowded taproom, using her tails to direct the flame into a widespread attack.  This doesn't quite work.  The room is too crowded to move the cluster of tails around properly, and a bystander does the equivalent of bumping one's elbow while juggling.  Some of the bolts are dismissed, others are caught and controlled, but one lands clear on one tail, almost scorching it.  That one has to be recollected and formed anew.

There is no immediate response to her shouts.

Murder!  Go for the heavily armored boar guy first.

((I think Xin has +2 to combat, since he didn't manage to hurt anyone this round, but his action was to attack?))

(1+1 vs 2)(5-2 vs 1)

Apparently being a centuries-old undead warrior does not prevent one from having bad days.  The scabbard is stuck on the chair here, and Xin is left with an undrawn sword and a dagger being held entirely the wrong way for single-weapon combat.  This leaves him with one option, headbutting someone with literal tusks growing out of their face.

Astoundingly, this works, bashing solidly into the porcine creature's face and letting loose a surprisingly large amount of blood.  It doesn't stop the boar knight, but it does not look like a lot of fun.

Assessing the situation, it seems the giant lizardman is the biggest threat. Terinas stabs him with her spear.

(4+4 vs 3)(6 vs 10+6)

Giant axes are not the best things for parrying with.  Terinas goes for a leg stab, as the lizard creature won't be able to block low.  He lands a solid hit, but the creature is solidly built and too dumb to properly notice it yet.

Boar (4+3 vs 9+2)
Lizard (3+4 vs 7+3)
Chin (7+3 vs 2+4) (4 vs 3+10)
Bird (10+1 vs 3) (12 vs 4+5)
Down (11-4 vs 11+1) (1 vs 12+5)

Boarface moves to counterstrike.  Xin may have flubbed his sword draw, but he remains the world's most acrobatic undead, and smoothly dodges with a roll, while completing the sword draw.  Cool.  Almost as if he intended it that way.

The lizard creature decides to pick on someone his own size, aiming the axe square at the big bear.  The blow is slow and easy to push aside with a claw-hand.

Chin, being blocked by his own allies, attacks the giant bear a bit later with a sword-strike.  This hit does score and draws a trickle of blood, but little real damage is done to the massive creature.

The only one to strike a real, serious blow is the bird creature.  It leaps out, flutters over, and strikes the squid-creature in the torso with a thin blade, cutting surprisingly deep and causing a spurt of odd purple blood.  One bundle of tentacles is disabled.  Still, there are more tentacles to be had, so there has yet to be serious harm.

The downed human tries to free himself.  His technique is pretty good, and he manages to force himself away from the floor, squishing tentacles under him and moving towards more obstacles.  It isn't enough, as Noodles is no stranger to this game, and resets the grasp when the prey manages to leave the floor momentarily.  So far his armour prevents serious damage, but his time will come..

There are five opponents, and a rowdy bar brawl breaking out around you.  A boar knight, bleeding from the face and suffering a number of minor wounds, a frowning human with the Chin of Heroism, and a giant lizardman with a massive two-handed axe  The lizardman is also bleeding.  Another human is in the tender clutches of Noodles, with a bird person trying to attack the kraken to free him.

Spoiler: Ahrian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terinas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gnwbimbir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noodles (click to show/hide)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2023, 12:42:06 pm »

Terinas can see the skill behind the Lizardman's attack and the human's as well but she can't deal with two attackers at the same time.
"Gnwbimbir!"
The human is smaller than the Lizardman and potentially easier to kill.
Terinas stabs at the human attacking her.
she/her

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2023, 07:00:02 pm »

"Haha, fools! You cannot meaningfully escape the grasp of Noodles the Great!"

Keep squeezing the human. The bird will probably run out of stamina before I run out of blood. Or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2023, 10:30:06 pm »

"Stand down and you won't have to die today. Nobody gets anything out of this."
but I doubt they have the sense to back down
Again, I attempt to collect my magic, form my small balls of flame, and send them flying at the attackers that are still up, active, and aggressive
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 10:35:12 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2023, 02:19:04 am »

Gnwbimbar stealthily stings the opponent who seems to be the most distracted with his envenomed conical gnome hat.
Do this again. I am tired.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2023, 07:32:17 pm »

Terinas can see the skill behind the Lizardman's attack and the human's as well but she can't deal with two attackers at the same time.
"Gnwbimbir!"
The human is smaller than the Lizardman and potentially easier to kill.
Terinas stabs at the human attacking her.

(7+4 vs 1+1)(9 vs 2+5)

The spear goes deep.  Chin-face is pieced in the torso, as the spear cuts through his armour like butter.  He's not outright dead, but that was a very serious blow.

"Haha, fools! You cannot meaningfully escape the grasp of Noodles the Great!"

Keep squeezing the human. The bird will probably run out of stamina before I run out of blood. Or something.

(6+1 vs 9-1)

Nope.  Noodles adjusts his grip on the human, but can't meaningfully add squeeze power at this point.  Too many sharp objects and too much pulling and twisting over the wooden floor.

"Stand down and you won't have to die today. Nobody gets anything out of this."
but I doubt they have the sense to back down
Again, I attempt to collect my magic, form my small balls of flame, and send them flying at the attackers that are still up, active, and aggressive

(2+3)(1+3)(6 vs 12+7)(9)

Collect fire Ahrian does, raising flame from her tails.  Sort them into balls she does not.  At a shift in weight, two balls collide with each other, enlarging and encountering a third ball.  A few moments later, her tails are afire.

Fortunately, in this crowded taproom she manages to quickly regain control and extinguish the fire, shunting it away almost immediately, only sustaining some minor, but painful, burns.

Most distracted is probably Chin there, who is badly hurt and bleeding out.

(5+2 vs 12)(12+4 vs 5)

Unfortunately, there's a rather large lizard in the way, who is stumbling around enraged and having difficulty finding a target.  Large axes being swung around wildly do not create the best situation for stealthy entrances and flash steps.. although it is a great distraction.

(6+2 vs 12+2)

Blunderlizard there is also unfortunately just a little too wild and dangerous to allow another hat-strike, however distracted from rage it may be.

Rush past the boar-man, and stab the lizard in the back.  Then keep moving, hoping to make the boar hit the lizard if he tries to follow Xin.

(3+2 vs 1+2)(12 vs 6+5)
(3+3)
(9+3 vs 10+2)(9 vs 7+9)

Xin finally draws his sword, and steps on a chair to vault over the boar-man, into the rear aspect of the lizard.  He successfully pulls of a serious backstab, sinking his greatsword into what would be the kidneys of an ordinary human, causing a great gush of green blood and ichor to pour out over the floor.  His opponent staggers and falls.

Unfortunately, the vault wasn't as high or as fast as usual, and boar-guy gets a stab in return, bruising the undead warrior through his armour.

With one down and one bleeding, the others look much less enthusiastic.  Chin says "Ahh, cheese it, this ain't gonna work" and you see them beginning to run, starting with the bird creature.  One is tangled up in Noodle's limbs, however..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 07:33:56 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2023, 07:58:54 pm »

"Haha, yes, flee! Flee from the wrath of Noodles!"

Throw the guy I have grappled into the other guys.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2023, 10:33:58 pm »

"Of course they leave their friend behind."
Ahrian rushes to the dying lizard, readying healing magic to attempt an emergency last-second save of the poor moron.
if he somehow wakes up:
"Shh, stay down."
Her intent is to let him leave once the fighting is over and his life is no longer in danger.

Afterwards, Ahrian stays near the edge of the room, attempting to stay within our group and out of trouble while the brawl cools down.

In the following days, she'll take her time to look after our people, making sure there's no complications from our fight and seeing what she can do for our many-legged companion's missing limbs.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 01:41:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2023, 01:58:08 am »

Gnwbimbar tosses a banana peel onto the ground in front of the ones that are running away.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2023, 09:08:16 am »

Terinas waits for one of the opponents to attack. She doesn't want to fight more than she needs to.
she/her
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11