Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 2316 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2024, 04:38:29 pm »

Taarkara jumped and droped her shiny so her feet grab it; she realized she must sound clear to the human as she isn't alone anymore. "Hello human," said Taarkara. "Do you know this place? I need to get out of here to.. to... to babysit my siblings."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 04:49:36 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2024, 06:06:00 pm »

Duh?  Alright, well, I think I know all about this room and I'm flat exhausted now, and sick besides.  So I'll take the key and try to make sure the door's locked, then I'll carry the key with me, secure it to me in a pocket, make sure my makeshift candle's lit and likely to burn slowly, loads of wax for to draw on so hopefully it's still burning when I wake, then Duh?  but I'm getting back into that bed and going to sleep.  Maybe I feel better when I wake.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2024, 06:38:28 pm »

Taarkara jumped and droped her shiny so her feet grab it; she realized she must sound clear to the human as she isn't alone anymore. "Hello human," said Taarkara. "Do you know this place? I need to get out of here to.. to... to babysit my siblings."
A bird in a dungeon. Talking one, at that. Hireshite stared at it dumbfounded. Maybe hallucinogen didn’t quite wear off yet. Or maybe it is another product of wretched sorcery sent to mock her. But no reason to be impolite just yet.
“Hello, crow. I can’t help you, I’m afraid. I was kidnapped and came to in a cell behind this door just a few minutes ago.”

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2024, 07:28:16 pm »

A bird in a dungeon. Talking one, at that. Hireshite stared at it dumbfounded. Maybe hallucinogen didn’t quite wear off yet. Or maybe it is another product of wretched sorcery sent to mock her. But no reason to be impolite just yet.
“Hello, crow. I can’t help you, I’m afraid. I was kidnapped and came to in a cell behind this door just a few minutes ago.”
"Oh. I'm pretty sure the same happened to me except I came out of that handless clock." Taarkara used her right wing to gesture to the clock. She stared at the arch and she wants to explore past it. "Do you want to explore past that arch? I don't want to explore that place alone." She peeked past the arch to see what was behind there.
she/her

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2024, 07:30:55 pm »

Esselez

"(Wha...)" Esselez looks at her hands in shock. What was that?

Try to take the tiny key with my mittenlike hands and put it in the lock. Turn it, and if it seems unlocked, open the door and waddle through.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2024, 09:27:46 pm »

Val reaches out hesitantly, stroking the newborn's snout with a single finger, brushing away a fragment of eggshell. "C'mon, little one. C'mon then, there you are..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2024, 04:57:53 am »

Celosia sits very still as the room shrinks around him, his claws unconsciously coming out to grip the rug.  After the growth stops, one of his ears flick as he slowly looks around, confirming that everything now seems to be tiny.  This was unexpected.

Slowly, Celosia raises a forepaw to his face, and nips his dewclaw.  Close enough to the base to hurt.  This must be a dream, right?

Assuming it achieves nothing, he hisses in pain, shaking his paw and mentally scolding himself for trying that.  Then, carefully minding the fire, he lays down and tries to kick the arch and the wall with his back legs.  Hoping his larger size will let him damage whatever building he's locked inside.  Celosia isn't used to being big!  Maybe it'll mean he's strong enough to achieve something.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2024, 09:23:26 am »

"Oh. I'm pretty sure the same happened to me except I came out of that handless clock." Taarkara used her right wing to gesture to the clock. She stared at the arch and she wants to explore past it. "Do you want to explore past that arch? I don't want to explore that place alone." She peeked past the arch to see what was behind there.
((Can't it be seen without peeking that there is just more of the same behind the arch, for now?))
Hireshite glanced at the doors around her. If all of them are for prisoners, how many more were taken by unseen hands? How sprawling this plot is? The thought sent shivers down her spine.
Doesn't the other end look more inviting to you? I feel that something terrible will happen if I go through this arch.

No action for now. Provided no answer, just walk to the opening.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 01:03:11 pm by MCreeper »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2024, 11:47:56 am »

((Can't it be seen without peeking that there is just more of the same behind the arch, for now?))
Hireshite glanced at the doors around her. If all of them are for prisoners, how many more were taken by unseen hands? How sprawling this plot is? The thought sent shivers down her spine.
Doesn't the other end look more inviting to you? I feel that something terrible will happen if I go through this arch.

No action for now. Provided no answer, just walk to the opening.
((Well, peeking might still do something like describing what's past it in more detail))
"No? Why would it look more inviting to me?" Taarkara stared at the human in utter confusion.
she/her

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2024, 01:01:48 pm »

Despite fear, Hireshite gave a short chuckle at the crow's confusion.
Forgive me, I'm talking nonsense. It isn't inviting at all, but it seems to have proper light, at least, and fire. But you don't like fire, do you, being a bird?
Walk to arch and Taarkara, pausing to take a look at dark corridor if I go past it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2024, 06:49:16 pm »

Spoiler: Duh? action (click to show/hide)
Duh decides to rest up and so heads back to bed, lies down, covers up as best he can, and closes his eyes. While lying there, a set of images crosses his eyes, three pictures of animals, one a tortoise, one a bull, and one a rabbit.

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)
As Hireshite walks down the hallway, she sees an opening on her left, a unlit corridor that leads to a larger opening, a room that seems to be lit similarly to the one at the end of the hall behind her. Still, unwilling to go blindly down the unlit corridor with only her candle to show the way, at least for the moment, she instead continues on to reach the archway with the talking crow, and glances through it, seeing a hallway quite similar to the one she's currently in.

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)
The human female approaches you as you speak, her candle in hand, though she pauses to look down the side corridor you passed before, she reaches the same archway as you, though she also has not passed through it. Well behind her, as she walks, a tiny door opens up, and a plush human-like doll waddles out to look around the corridor, and moments later a giant clawed paw flails out of a door location that had been taken up by an unmarked archway around an ordinary blank wall before retracting back in once more.

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)
Esselez reaches out and wraps her hands around the key, the white ribbon on the handle helping her secure her grip, and unlocks the door, waddling out of her massive oversized room and into a massive oversized hallway.
The hallway is made of stone blocks with evenly spaced doors on either side, most of the human-sized wooden doors, though her personal one was a wooden door sized to her current self, and it is not at all the only unusual door, with many other doors also having unusual sizes or shapes, yet their spacing remains perfectly consistent. The corridor is lit by rings of glowing green lichen forming thin rings that cover the walls, ceiling, and floor in a large loop, exactly one ring between each pair of doors. Every fifth ring of lichen has a glowing purple mote of light within it near the ceiling, and odd and dark forming of lighting making it difficult to pick out details, and they leave some sections of the hallway darker than the rest. At one end of the hallway is a large opening through which can be seen a series of empty shelving racks in some kind of large room, lit from above by some form of steady but bright firelight. At the other end there is an orange archway with some kind of glowing blue symbols carved into the blocks it is made of, followed by another hallway highly similar to the one Esselez is standing in. at the base of the archway with the blue symbols are a pair of individuals, a young crow, and a human woman wih shoulder-length blonde hair in shoulder-length ringlets to either side of her face, a dark brown beret with matching cardigan, and a puce dress with white ruffled petticoat. The outfit is completed by knee-high stockings, leather boots, and a leather belt with a leather purse dangling from it. She's holding a lit candle in a candlestand with one hand, and is looking at and through the archway with the crow doing much the same, though the crow seems to have noticed her.
and just a few moments after stepping into the hallway, a giant clawed paw rushes out from one of the door locations, a location taken up by a simple archway around a plain wall, and it flails about blindly for a moment before retracting.

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)
The form in the egg stares up at Val for a bit, then resumes climbing out of the giant egg, revealing a red-scaled lizardlike form with four clawed limbs and an additional pair of webbed wings on its upper body, and once it is fully free of its eggshell it stares up at Val for a few more moments before turning around and beginning to eat its own eggshell for a first meal.

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)
nipping his own dewclaw hurt, as expected, the kick however had interesting effects. This is because one of his paws struck the archway itself, acomplishing nothing, but the other went into and through the opening inside the arch, going through the books behind it and flailing freely on the other side before he pulled it back, unharmed from the experience.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2024, 07:21:05 pm »

Esselez

"(NOPE!)"

Esselez takes one look at the huge paw and retreats back into her door, re-locking it. Her plush heart pounds, or at least feels like it does. Is that possible? not relevant.

Being tiny doesn't seem ideal, so she Squints her button-eyes shut and focuses on her human body, trying to leave the doll behind.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2024, 07:53:23 pm »

Duh? keeps his eyes closed and tries to dream, imagining the bull grazing, then rolling to scratch its back and sides on the ground, the tortoise stretching its neck up, high, then impossibly high, the neck growing like a beanstalk towards the sky as the tortoise takes an incredible, god-like view of the area around, and the rabbit, scratching behind an ear then starting to dig a burrow.  All three animals nearby, where Duh? reclines and in his imagined dream, relaxes and imagines falling asleep.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2024, 10:46:40 pm »

Val chuckles nervously, "Yeah, you sure ain't no chicken, fella." He eyes the candle, gauging it has left, before going back to the door and testing the key in the lock.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2024, 09:09:26 am »

Celosia withdraws from the arch, moving to the far side of the room and watching it with suspicion.  After a few moments, he sits back down and licks the paw he accidentally shoved through the arch, ensuring that it's fine.

With that done, he takes a deep breath, and begins to ring his bell again.  This time, he tries to focus on... being smaller.  Like a little mouse, able to run through a mousehole.  If he successfully shrinks, he'll cautiously step through the archway without making a noise, and then walk away from his door (and anyone he might see outside, trying to quietly make some distance on them, ideally also finding a place to hide.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5