Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 4571 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2024, 01:03:51 am »

Esselez

She spends some time grumbling about this limitation of her power. What good is turning into a tiny doll, anyways? Besides getting through tiny, doll-sized doors? Possessing a flame would be useful. If only for burning big, scary things.

Welp, turn into doll to pass through the door, close and lock it behind me, then unpossess and carry the doll since I still don't want to be tiny. Assuming nothing apocalyptic is happening out there, proceed in the direction away from the huge claw monster I saw, and toward the big room.
Since something apocalyptic is happening, try to avoid it and figure out what's going on!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 01:12:28 am by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2024, 08:05:46 am »

"Easy there, pal, mind the claws," Val asks. He pauses a moment, checks both ways down the hall for anything noteworthy, and calls out, "Hell-o?" He winces as his voice cracks, shaking his head.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2024, 12:56:08 am »

Candlestick still in hand (why didn’t she think to leave it outside?) Hireshite approached his throne, bowed and spoke coldly.
“Greetings. I assume you must know me well, but how shall I address you?”

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2024, 08:22:18 am »

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

Taarkara's flight through the arch finds the world distort around her as she passes, however given what she'd seen happen to the human that went through before her she was prepared and maintained flight control unimpeded.
As the distortion ended, she found herself before a simple wood door, though of an uncommon wood, maybe willow? Said door is labeled in block letters of wrought iron, with a large looped handle jutting out into the hallway far enough she could land on it if she so chose.
The iron lettering had a single word she'd seen before upon it. 'Coros'

Spoiler: Duh? action (click to show/hide)

There's a kid with a red winged lizard on his head stepping out into the hallway near you, likely you can talk to him if you want.

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)

Re-entering her doll, Esselez goes back out into the hallway and locks it behind her, before leaving the doll and taking it with her as she heads over to the large warehouse area and the cat waiting there.

The room is lit from above by what appear to be hanging oil lamps.
The shelves are almost entirely empty, with the only occupied shelves being near the far right wall, and containing what appear to be large wooden crates.
the room extends only a short distance to the left, but a substantial way to the right and ahead, but with no significant changes throughout, and occasional gaps between empty shelves forming walkways around the place.
on the far wall a series of heavy wooden doors can be seen, but also on the far wall and a ways to their right there is a giant opening showing what appears to be a large open room of circular tables ringed by chairs. and finally a bit to the right of that opening, also still on the far wall, is a single wooden door.
On the near wall there appear to be a pair of arched openings, one closer and one further, but Esselez can't see through them from this angle, only able to tell they exist unless she goes further into this room or approaches the openings from the side.
Oh, and the cat just failed to jump from shelf to shelf across the asiles between them, leaving it tumbling and scrambling as it drops onto the shelf below its target.

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)

Well, on the one side you see a doll walk out of a tiny door before a pale white mist sprays out from it, rising and solidifying into the form of a girl draped in a yellow dress to big for her.
Said girl immediately picks the doll up and heads over to the area at the end of the hall with a bunch of empty shelves.
She might be noteworthy.

On the other side there's a young man in casual clothes approaching you and trying to start a conversation. Maybe he's noteworthy?

Oh, and of course, there is the giant predatory hole in the floor. That's probably noteworthy.

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)

"Call me Kurdow"
the man hops down from his throne, standing upright and revealing just how tall and lanky he really is.
His total height seems to be something close to 8 feet (2.4 meters), and his arms and legs are disproportunately long for his size.
He dusts off his black suit and grins at Hireshite with perfect teeth.
"And you, you lucky little thing, have been selected to be my agent."

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)

Climbing into a shelf was no trouble at all for Celosia, but as things turned out hopping from shelf to shelf across the asiles was just barely too much, the gap a tiny bit too wide, causing Celosia to only get his forepaws onto the next shelf and go tumbling onto the shelf below, unharmed, but completely undignified. And of course this happened as a spectator approached. A human girl holding a doll.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2024, 02:25:58 pm »

Esselez

A cat with two tails? Is that normal? Maybe that's normal?
"(Kitty cat! Are you okay?)" She sounds concerned, but keeps her distance from the creature.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2024, 09:20:41 pm »

Taarkara perches on the loop because it worked so well last time.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2024, 09:57:46 pm »

Duh?  I walk towards the kid and say, "No Duh?  Right, course, I'm Duh?  Yeah, so, hi.  What's going on?... And are you Flinx?  Is that Pip?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2024, 05:03:06 pm »

"No Duh?  Right, course, I'm Duh?  Yeah, so, hi.  What's going on?"

"Hey pal," Val replies to the strangely tall young lad approaching him, "I ain't got a fuckin' clue." He glances around at the probably-a-ghost walking away, the crow flapping around above a toothy hole in the floor, and reckons that, odd clothes and name aside, he's probably the least freakish thing in the hall. "You wouldn't happen to have a drink about yerself, wouldja? Absent the water of life, I'd settle for a way out of this place."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 05:05:10 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2024, 01:08:56 am »

“And what do you require from me, Kurdow?”

“What about a crow I met near my cell? And doll, I think? Are they new ‘agents’ as well?”
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 10:05:36 pm by MCreeper »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2024, 03:09:28 pm »

Celosia sits up straight the moment he climbs onto the shelf, lifting a paw and licking it furiously.  He makes a good show of ignoring the girl who's talking to him, looking in another direction, but his ears remain trained on her.  Listening.

Pretend to ignore the girl.  If she tries to get closer, make distance.  If she goes somewhere else, silently follow her... from a distance.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2024, 12:14:55 pm »

"(Fine then, be that way. You must be fine.)"

Go inspect the crates, see if I can get one open. There might be helpful things inside.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2024, 06:40:33 pm »

"Hey pal," Val replies to the strangely tall young lad approaching him, "I ain't got a fuckin' clue." He glances around at the probably-a-ghost walking away, the crow flapping around above a toothy hole in the floor, and reckons that, odd clothes and name aside, he's probably the least freakish thing in the hall. "You wouldn't happen to have a drink about yerself, wouldja? Absent the water of life, I'd settle for a way out of this place."

"Duh?  So, like I haven't seen a thing to drink yet.  Like, not even bad stuff I wouldn't wanna drink.  Nothing liquid but a tiny bit of candlewax.

But you've got a winged lizard!
So, like are you a wizard?
"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2024, 03:51:47 am »

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

The door swings open after Taarkara lands on the handle, revealing a moonlit forest grove, with a moss-covered three-armed figure leaning on a walking stick standing in the middle of it, leaning on a twisted oak staff with two arms, while the third is wildly waving around a brightly-colored plastic squirt gun.

"Hiya! How'dja like meh toy?"
He pounds his staff against the ground once while cackling
"Gitinere kiddy! Whcha needer know?"

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)

Words are exchanged, and your lizardly friend seems to have settled upon its new perch - the top of your head - and is now staring at your conversational partner.

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)
"You are going to make sure I get what I want, and the fealty I deserve. The Manager of the mirror will be relaying various tasks to everyone's agents, including you, and you're going to make sure that not only are those tasks successful, but that I get the most out of them."
"Those others are here because they're also agents, just not mine. You actually have some class, don't you?"

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)

The girl stands and watches you for a bit, then goes to explore the warhouse, and so after a bit you follow, and you're fairly certain she lost track of you, seemingly distracted by looking around.
As you follow her, you get to see through the archway on the near wall.

The room on the other side is large and open, with a ring of stone benches surrounding a large bowl-shaped indentation in the center of the room.
In the center of the indentation is a massive floor-to-ceiling mirror, its oval frame seemingly made of brass or gold.
And beside the mirror stands a short and overweight ?man? in a checkered orange and white suit with a black bowler hat and a massive toothy grin that is far oversized for his face, his pearly teeth each individually larger than his eyes or nose.
He's just standing there leaning on a solid black cane, and watches you as you walk past, his eyes unblinking, without saying a single word as you put the wall on the other side of the archway between you and him.

The girl then attempts to pry a crate open barehanded, to no meaningful effect.

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)

Since the two-tailed cat seems to be ignoring you, you head down the asiles and inspect the crates.
As you do you pass by the openings on the near wall you get a chance to see through them.

The room on the other side is large and open, with a ring of stone benches surrounding a large bowl-shaped indentation in the center of the room.
In the center of the indentation is a massive floor-to-ceiling mirror, its oval frame seemingly made of brass or gold.
And beside the mirror stands a short and overweight ?man? in a checkered orange and white suit with a black bowler hat and a massive toothy grin that is far oversized for his face, his pearly teeth each individually larger than his eyes or nose.
He's just standing there leaning on a solid black cane, and watches you as you walk past, his eyes unblinking, without saying a single word as you put the wall on the other side of the archway between you and him.

getting past that thing, you look around but find yourself unable to locate a crowbar or other prying tool, but undismayed attempt to open one of the crates anyway, however it withstands your barehanded efforts trivially, and even attempting to slide it proves useless, it being far too heavy and sturdy for you to manipulate without tools.

Spoiler: Duh? action (click to show/hide)

As you talk to the kid, his lizard finishes climbing up his body, perches on the boy's head, and is now staring at you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2024, 04:53:06 pm »

Duh?  So, like I haven't seen a thing to drink yet.  Like, not even bad stuff I wouldn't wanna drink.  Nothing liquid but a tiny bit of candlewax.

But you've got a winged lizard!
So, like are you a wizard?
"
Val glances up to catch a glimpse of the little lizard peering back down from its perch, "I'd say that it's got me more than the other way around. I ain't exactly a wise guy, neither, but I'm not gonna go and drink liquid wax." He motions in the direction the doll-girl went and quirks an eyebrow. "Speaking of unwise, want to have a look around?" He starts off in that direction without waiting for a reply.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7