Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should attack orders be allowed via PM for sneak attacks?

Yes
No
I love the Emperor more than life itself.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn four! New Houses welcome!  (Read 4151 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Risky Space Lords III: Turn four! New Houses welcome!
« on: May 11, 2024, 01:53:24 pm »

Risky Space Lords III: The Emperor Strikes Back
Inspired by both games by a1s.

I am the Emperor.  My word is law.

Mankind has reached beyond the stars.  Planets on the far fringes of space now harbor human life, and each ball of dirt and rock is ruled beneath the benevolent guidance of ancient and glorious Houses.  You are one such House, and you dream of greatness.  One day your family will rule more than a few simple fiefs on the outer rim.  The current Emperor is weak, feeble, and petulant.  He is not fit to rule.  You will become Emperor, and all will know the glory of your House's banner!  Go forth, grow your kingdom and lay claim to what is rightfully yours!

Welcome to the Galactic Empire!  You are a Noble House, charged with ruling over a number of planets.  To win, you must complete the following objectives:
  • Hold Earth.
  • Kill the Emperor.

I wish you the best of luck - you'll need it, for I am the Emperor and I have no intention of dying any time soon.  I am also petty, vindictive, arbitrary, and fickle.  Wait...where am I? Who are you?  Guards? Guards!!

See the Quick Start Guide below for instructions on how to get started.  More detailed rules are below, but not required for jumping right in.

You may also want to join the DISCORD, but it's not required!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Spoiler: Quick Start Guide (click to show/hide)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spoiler: Planets and Pops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military and Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Market (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victory and Defeat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Emperor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheatsheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FAQ (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 02:24:58 pm by evictedSaint »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am the Emperor.  My word is Law.

Please sign the following fealty contract to be awarded a dominion to rule in the Emperor's name.  Include your House and dominion in the same post (see the example below).  Long live the Emperor!

Quote from: Fealty Contract
Pledge of Loyalty and Fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind

We the undersigned hereby pledge loyalty and fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind. 

We acknowledge that stewardship of the planets under our House is given only through the benevolent generosity of the Emperor, and that the Emperor holds eminent domain over all.  We pledge to serve the Emperor for all time, through life and death, sickness and health, and to never betray him, nor raise a banner in opposition, nor lift a finger against him.

The Emperor is the wisest and most powerful human in all of the universe.  It is a joy to wake every day knowing the Emperor guides us with wisdom and courage, and that he is much smarter and far more handsome than anyone else.  We pledge to follow his every order, for his grand plan is ineffable and to counter his designs is treason against the entire human race.  We pledge allegiance to the Emperor and will spend every waking moment thinking about how great he is.

We promise to never ever break this contract, ever.

Signed,
Lord         , of House               .

Spoiler: House Example (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Players
Lady Aywen, of House Ayes (a1s)
Lord Nuke, of House Radiant (NUKE9.13)
Lady Vulpetia, of House Vix (TheFantasticMsFox)
Criptfeind, First Mechanator of the Forge (Criptfeind)
Lord Nirur, of House of Sands Nirur Torir
Lord Erwin, of House Harrak FiveBalesOfHay
Lord Tyrannous, of House Sinister Kashyyk
Lord Tyranious, of House Durin MonkeyMarkMario
Lord Leon, of House Nagant m1895
Lady Helewisa, of House Ravenwood Iris

Turns
Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 10:56:38 am by evictedSaint »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I shall be a humble stick farmer. Buy my food!

Pledge of Loyalty and Fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind

We the undersigned hereby pledge loyalty and fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind. 

We acknowledge that stewardship of the planets under our House is given only through the benevolent generosity of the Emperor, and that the Emperor holds eminent domain over all.  We pledge to serve the Emperor for all time, through life and death, sickness and health, and to never betray him, nor raise a banner in opposition, nor lift a finger against him.

The Emperor is the wisest and most powerful human in all of the universe.  It is a joy to wake every day knowing the Emperor guides us with wisdom and courage, and that he is much smarter and far more handsome than anyone else.  We pledge to follow his every order, for his grand plan is ineffable and to counter his designs is treason against the entire human race.  We pledge allegiance to the Emperor and will spend every waking moment thinking about how great he is.

Signed,
Lady Aywen, of House Ayes.

Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 04:14:27 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's give this a shot.

Signed,
Lord Nuke, of House Radiant.

Spoiler: House Radiant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 02:50:09 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

If anyone wants help with spreadsheets or the maths, I offer my services at a rate of ^1 per turn, with more involved help increasing the rate.

Furthermore, Lady Aywen, what would the price of 15 food be to you?

Signed,
Lady Vulpetia, of House Vix.

Spoiler: House of Vix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 03:35:00 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I think I can let go of my food for 0.5^, so 16 food would be 8^.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

Would you accept 2 Alloys and 3^ this turn, and 2^ next turn?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Signed,
Criptfeind, First Mechanator of the Forge

Spoiler: The Forge turn 0 (click to show/hide)

You can move Pops between planets for ^1 each if you own a Fleet.

Is this one population per fleet, or as many populations as you want so long as you have at least one fleet? And can they work the planet immediately?

The Forge is interested in importing the fine foods of House Ayes and will pay in ^
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 02:12:10 pm by Criptfeind »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to sign up as a ship builder and seller house, (Ninjaed, I might go alloys instead) but before I do, a question:
How quickly can we spend the resources from a favor? I assume it's something like Turn 1: Favor > food. Turn 2: Food > pop. Turn 3: new pops produce.
And what sort of traitor would dare call the Emperor arbitrary and fickle? Those favor exchange rates seem very stable.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 04:41:38 pm by Nirur Torir »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Not Dune. Just starting! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2024, 04:45:09 pm »

Is this one population per fleet, or as many populations as you want so long as you have at least one fleet? And can they work the planet immediately?

So long as you have at least 1 Fleet, you may ferry Pops and Armies around freely.  Pops moved in this manner can work immediately (each pop can only produce once per turn, obviously - a farmer can't produce food, then ship to a refinery and produce alloy, then ship to a machineworld to turn that into cash all in the same turn).

I want to sign up as a ship builder and seller house, but before I do, a question:
How quickly can we spend the resources from a favor? I assume it's something like Turn 1: Favor > food. Turn 2: Food > pop. Turn 3: new pops produce.
And what sort of traitor would dare call the Emperor arbitrary and fickle? Those favor exchange rates seem very stable.

You can cash the Favour at any point, but since it actually comes from the Emperor, he also has the option to deny it.  He may answer your Favour request between immediately, to the start of the next turn.  Pops you create from food start working the next turn.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2024, 04:46:53 pm »

The Forge is interested in importing the fine foods of House Ayes and will pay in ^

great

Quote from: food sale contract
House Ayes shall send 16 units of food to The Forge, in exchange The Forge shall send House Ayes 8^

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2024, 04:54:52 pm »

Should we start doing actions/contracts right now, or wait for a "turn 0" to finish processing?

The forge is interested in purchasing both alloys and food, .5 seems like a fair price for food, and thus the logic of the calculatron suggests that we would also be willing to pay .7 for alloys.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2024, 05:02:34 pm »

Do populations consume food the turn they are grown? Do they produce taxes?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:08:40 pm by Criptfeind »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2024, 05:09:51 pm »

Do populations consume food the turn they are grown?

Nope.  They're not producing the turn they're grown, which is technically at the end of the round.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19