What should the next event be?

A creative writing challenge.
An art challenge.
A bidding war.
A literal war.
Guess what number I'm thinking.
No events, it's too much D:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn eight! New Houses welcome!  (Read 9407 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Not Dune. Just starting! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2024, 03:00:07 pm »

Quote from: food sale contract
House Ayes shall send 10 units of food to House Sinister, in exchange House Sinister shall send House Ayes 7^

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2024, 03:16:25 pm »

20M is a weird start. It's only slightly more efficient than 16M initially, and since the max growth is 1/planet, you're out a bunch of early potential growth.

Hello, you have lots of food. If you're interested, I'd like to buy 10 food for 6^, and another 6 food for 6 alloys.

Accepted!
Just so you know, I consider it fair game if you take those alloys I sold you, and immediately sell them back to Kashyyk.
The chaos of locking in trade agreements and then having better deals come along, which I can't use, is fun.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2024, 03:21:35 pm »

Hello, you have lots of food. If you're interested, I'd like to buy 10 food for 6^, and another 6 food for 6 alloys.

Accepted!
Just so you know, I consider it fair game if you take those alloys I sold you, and immediately sell them back to Kashyyk.
The chaos of locking in trade agreements and then having better deals come along, which I can't use, is fun.
I'm pretty sure that's against the rules; contracts are binding (on the first turn).

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2024, 03:24:41 pm »

What Nirur means is you could sell the Alloys you bought from them, to me, because your deal with Nirur is binding and they cannot back out of it to take up my offer themselves.

I would still need 14 Alloys from somewhere, before I can sign on that and Lady Aywens offer.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2024, 03:35:13 pm »

What Nirur means is you could sell the Alloys you bought from them, to me, because your deal with Nirur is binding and they cannot back out of it to take up my offer themselves.

I would still need 14 Alloys from somewhere, before I can sign on that and Lady Aywens offer.
Oh, right. Nonetheless I don't particularly want to sell off my alloys right now.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2024, 05:06:42 pm »

GM BALANCE CHANGE:

After a lengthy discussion and many maths, I realized that my ruling Machineworlds production bonuses is incorrect.
Size and Homeworld bonuses do not make it more efficient; it allows you to convert MORE at ONCE.  A 20[20]M allows you to convert 60 Alloy into ^120, not 40 Alloys into ^120.

Additionally, the market price to purchase Alloys is ^15 per 10, not ^10 for 10. 

Sorry for the last minute changes, balancing economies is tough even with only 2 resource and 1 money type.  I apologize if it has disrupted any plans people have made.  If you want to yell at me, you can do so in the Risky Ventures Discord.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 05:46:39 pm by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2024, 05:53:56 pm »

Following this, I will adjust my offer.

For this turn only, I will buy 10 Food for ^7, and 40 Alloys for ^60 (^1.5 per alloy). Lady Aywen has a provisional lock on the food contract, but I still need Alloys to make this possible.

Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2024, 06:11:11 pm »

Quote from: Fealty Contract
Pledge of Loyalty and Fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind

We the undersigned hereby pledge loyalty and fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind. 

We acknowledge that stewardship of the planets under our House is given only through the benevolent generosity of the Emperor, and that the Emperor holds eminent domain over all.  We pledge to serve the Emperor for all time, through life and death, sickness and health, and to never betray him, nor raise a banner in opposition, nor lift a finger against him.

The Emperor is the wisest and most powerful human in all of the universe.  It is a joy to wake every day knowing the Emperor guides us with wisdom and courage, and that he is much smarter and far more handsome than anyone else.  We pledge to follow his every order, for his grand plan is ineffable and to counter his designs is treason against the entire human race.  We pledge allegiance to the Emperor and will spend every waking moment thinking about how great he is.

We promise to never ever break this contract, ever.

Signed,
Lord Tyranious, of House Durin.

Spoiler: House Durin (click to show/hide)

I am willing to by 6 food.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 06:19:29 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2024, 06:19:16 pm »

Pledge of Loyalty and Fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind

We the undersigned hereby pledge loyalty and fealty to the Emperor, Lord Insanus Cancer, ruler of Earth, the Sol System, and all of Mankind. 

We acknowledge that stewardship of the planets under our House is given only through the benevolent generosity of the Emperor, and that the Emperor holds eminent domain over all.  We pledge to serve the Emperor for all time, through life and death, sickness and health, and to never betray him, nor raise a banner in opposition, nor lift a finger against him.

The Emperor is the wisest and most powerful human in all of the universe.  It is a joy to wake every day knowing the Emperor guides us with wisdom and courage, and that he is much smarter and far more handsome than anyone else.  We pledge to follow his every order, for his grand plan is ineffable and to counter his designs is treason against the entire human race.  We pledge allegiance to the Emperor and will spend every waking moment thinking about how great he is.

Signed,
Lord Tyranious, of House Durin.

Spoiler: House Durin (click to show/hide)

I am willing to by 6 food.

I will sell 6 food for ^5.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2024, 08:27:24 pm »

Signed,
Lord Leon, of House Nagant.
My Lawyer-Accountant-Vizier assures me this is a brilliant plan. Anyway, I am willing to supply 40 alloys to the kashyyk contract, if I can get 10 food at an acceptable price.
Spoiler: House Nagant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 08:35:37 pm by m1895 »

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2024, 08:54:32 pm »

Signed,
Lord Leon, of House Nagant.
My Lawyer-Accountant-Vizier assures me this is a brilliant plan. Anyway, I am willing to supply 40 alloys to the kashyyk contract, if I can get 10 food at an acceptable price.
Spoiler: House Nagant (click to show/hide)

We should team up with Kashyyk and become unstoppable. Also what do you have to pay for the food?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2024, 09:18:48 pm »

GM BALANCE CHANGE:
I feel like buying food might be too cheap right now. Before military upkeep, taxes more than pay for subsistence food, then production is easily enough to grow.
 My capital workers produce 3.6 alloys each, which I can easily sell to players for 0.75^ each, or 2.7^. 3.7^ per worker with taxes. 3.0^ after eating from the NPC market.
 A baseline farmer who produces 2 food relieves 1.4^ of pressure, and taxes up to 2.4^ of total value produced.
 If I can trade away any alloys, then it's going to be a long time before I have much of a reason to have farmers.
I think the price of buying food should at least as high as taxes. At 1^ each, it's not profitable to ignore a basic F world in favor of the NPC market. 1.2^ or 1.3^ move it closer to being a last resort for the hungry.
Of course, it's also fun if the market starts cheap and moves up or down as it gets purchased or ignored.

We should team up with Kashyyk and become unstoppable. Also what do you have to pay for the food?
Careful there. A highly min-maxed alliance with only limited internal expansion possible can only expand outwards. It's threatening, and it'll be a while before you can afford enough fleets to contend with the entire rest of the galaxy.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2024, 09:59:42 pm »

I will likely tweak food prices on turn 1, yes.  It's a bit skewed from an earlier rule set that got updated.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2024, 11:03:57 am »

-snip-

As all deals and production happen simultaneously, I intend to pay with the money gained from fulfilling the Kashyyk contract.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35