Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer  (Read 2879 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Medi Eggamazes, Adventurer
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »

Did you actually finish the quest? Also, as it seems you're gonna be recruiting more meatshields, I'm joining in as "Not that way!", the Darned Fool.

Fenrir

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

It wasn't a quest. I went there just to kill iron men for their valuable statues, I had to kill the ettin or it would have killed us.

Journal of Medi Eggamazes
16th Granite, 1050

Upon my arrival in the town, I immediately left the tavern to look for a place to sell the statues. As I was leaving, I heard footsteps above me. I looked up and was quite shocked to see Imp, standing on the roof of the tavern, staring down at me! I shouted his name, but he said nothing. I inquired as to how he got up there, but he just continued to stare. Somewhat disturbed, I hurried off to the south as fast as the contents of my pack would allow.

Tucked into the side of a hill I found a weapon merchant. I sold the statues and bought myself a nice longsword. Now burdened with coins I started back to the tavern in the hopes of finding others who would join me. I could no longer see Imp, and don't know if he's still on that roof. There are no more drunks in the tavern, I will have to search elsewhere.

My mind is troubled with questions. Has Imp escaped and is now seeking to get his revenge against me for leading them there, or was he slain and is this his ghost that now haunts me? How the hell did he get on the roof?!

[ January 12, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Fenrir

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 02:42:00 pm »

18th of Granite, 1050

A bit of good fortune has come my way. In the evening some sort of gathering took place in the tavern. I managed to persuade an axeman, a spearman, and a swordsman to join my group. There was no one else, so I went to the nearby town of Daggerletters to get two drunks to fill the empty spaces of our group. The first drunk accepted eagerly, but the next refused. "With a band so large, what share of the glory would I have?" he said. I told him that there were only four others in my group, but He would not listen. Does that sixth sense that guides all drunks tell him something that is unkown to me?

Before I left Framedglosses, I had offered my service to the mayor. He told me of a cave where I would find a giant named Destis Chokebaldness, and instructed me to kill him. "Cryhells the Corrupt Echos" was the name of the cave. It sounds... promising.

[ January 14, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Fenrir

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »

C'mon people, don't be shy. I've got a few party members up for grabs.

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

Ill have one of the swordsman/spearman guys, using my forum nickname. In return for quick fenrir posting on some of my threads,i will fight beside your adventurer!

Name: Deathbane
Profession: Slayer

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

I call the swordsman! Name:Nozeri. Profession: Reincarnated (and slightly pissed) Drunk.

It should be good for story purposes, eh?

(Wow, that was fast.)

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Fenrir

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

I don't want to head for the cave before all the members of my band are properly named. I've got two more slots to fill, so sign up!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 05:38:00 pm »

Since my char is pretty much semi-dead, can I have the axeman?

Edit: Name him Kor, and give him the proffession "Madman with a big freakin axe"

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

Can I take the last one?

err...

Bob
Chicken-defeatherer

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Fenrir

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>Since my char is pretty much semi-dead, can I have the axeman?</STRONG>

I'm not sure what's up with your character. He wouldn't follow me when I left the area, he doesn't appear next to me when I enter a different area, but he shows up on the tavern roof. It's only fitting that you should get the axeman, I saw him up there too.

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

Fenrir, Bob was Umimans character, not mine.

EDIT: My new name should be Kor, and my proffession is "madman with a big freakin axe"

Can that even fit?

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »

Ok, temporary bit of confusion, but everything's all sorted out now.

ONWARD TO CRYHELLS!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »

To Cryhells cave with doom we come!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

YAR! TO CRYHELLS WE GO!

Yah.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Fenrir

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »

20th of Granite, 1050

On our way toward Cryhells, I decided to stop outside the city to get better acquainted with the members of my band. It was a decision I would soon regret. They were of dubious professions and their names were of little concern to me, save for one. The swordsman introduced himself as Nozeri. The name reminded me of my fallen comrades, but wasn't any cause for alarm. That was until he told me that his occupation was "Reincarnated Drunk". This startled me terribly, and continues to trouble me. When asked about the nature of his duties in his field, he would only smile and say, "just bein' pissed". I dared not press the matter further.

To compound my already rising fears, Imp appeared to us. He had been following us for some time, but it was only when he approached that I knew who he was. I was jubilant to see him alive, but I quickly noticed something was amiss. He was promptly bombarded with questions, as I had much on my mind. Imp only stood there, watching me. His stare was empty and cold, and it chilled me to my core. I fear I find myself in poor company.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5