Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 514567 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1815 on: July 02, 2017, 07:55:24 am »

Ok. Still.
You're Apiks. The un-sane.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 02, 2017, 08:29:52 am »

I believe English has a specific word for it - insane. Besides, insanity is only a temporary misunderstanding of reality.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 02, 2017, 08:30:05 am »

Uh, I don't think we renamed scholar to anything... did we? Probably not.
Nah, there were some forumite scholars that visited during my turn.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 02, 2017, 09:05:41 am »

The second part is supposed to be why you were having all the visions. Please note that I mentioned this happening "the previous evening".
Well, I had the idea this had been going on for a while, progressing up from loose words and names calling out to him.  I... really don't have a good idea of how to use this.

From my first turn, as evidence of previous visions.  They are unrefined, vague entities.  Slowly they're getting sharper, and that's about where we're at.

11th Timber, 553
The visions have grown a sharper edge, I think I can see things, things I know haven’t happened here, and yet the call up reminds me of things that have happened, if elsewhere, in another time, another place.  I can see battles fought, I recall their outcomes, the numbers lost, the names and faces of men I’m certain I’ve never seen.  Am I going mad?
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 02, 2017, 09:34:36 am »

The second part is supposed to be why you were having all the visions. Please note that I mentioned this happening "the previous evening".
Well, I had the idea this had been going on for a while, progressing up from loose words and names calling out to him.  I... really don't have a good idea of how to use this.

From my first turn, as evidence of previous visions.  They are unrefined, vague entities.  Slowly they're getting sharper, and that's about where we're at.
Eh, fair enough. I don't necessarily remember what people said happened during their turns, more just general impressions of their personality, or some special event that occurred. I didn't actually remember your turn at all, so... yeah.
When you have a poor memory, attempting to tie stuff in can be hit-or-miss. If you can't use what I wrote, just don't use it. We can agree that for the story, it didn't happen. It can get re-used at a better time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:36:07 am by Glass »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 02, 2017, 09:41:48 am »

Could be awhile before I find away to fit it in.  Maybe it's like those lost emails that I expected three hours ago. 

Also, why am I getting dogs, doges, and horses showing up as invaders in an ambush???
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 02, 2017, 09:54:52 am »

It doesn't have to be for you. It's pretty easy to alter for another overseer.

Also, Animal Farm.
Some animals are more equal than others, you know.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 02, 2017, 10:04:35 am »

Won't be able to take a turn any time soon, please move me down to the bottom of the waitlist

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 02, 2017, 10:06:51 am »

Won't be able to take a turn any time soon, please move me down to the bottom of the waitlist
:(
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 02, 2017, 10:42:57 am »

Yeah it turned out to be apart of a larger Gamer ambush.  There are a lot of crossbows among the group, and I don't want to lead our people to slaughter.  Spring is a bad season for me.  Last time there was a politician ambush.  Before that--in another game--I had a series of ambushes as soon as I unpaused.  Keeping with the trend.

EDIT: Overseer update.
EDIT: photos.

Journals of Carefulrogue, second term as Overseer
2nd Granite, 560
I’ve spent the last day checking the logs and poking my head into areas where previously I didn’t bother going.  It was enlightening to say something.  The fortress is presently in a state that is secure.  No major threats from enemies, food and drink are plentiful.  Industries seem alright.  I check in with those later.

For now I’d like to continue to pave the farm level with stones.  Makes it a bit more palatable to be in and around.  Hopefully that project, and the smoothing operations I want done, will get taken care of over Granite.  End of Spring at latest. 

Ah hell, even the upper level fortification never got repeated. 

16th Granite, 560
Shit.  A gamer ambush of two appeared.  Who knows how many more there are.  Which reminds me, the military has unfilled slots.  The army will deal with it. 

17th Granite, 560
Isn’t Apiks supposed to be the leader of the squad?  I shouldn’t be spearheading the column outside of the fortress.  Gah, let’s hope there isn’t any more trouble than the three above.

18th Granite, 560
Well, seems like these fools didn’t know who they were dealing with.  All dead, so we can begin the cleanup process. 

Meanwhile the paving stones in the main entrance I wanted installed have been complete.  Enough for now.  We have booze to brew, food to prepare, and arms to hammer.  More will come. 

1st Slate, 560
Dogs, doges, and horses have shown up. And a RPG gamer.  I… I don’t know.

Well shit.  The main gamer force has been spotted. . . We were just hoping for a quick butchery. 

3rd Slate, 560
WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE?!?!  I’m up here alone, and I’ve yet to see anyone but the FUCKING CAT!!!

One small skirmish later, and the army shows up.  We’re moving back to station downstairs.

10th Slate, 560
On the rare occasion I deigned to visit the temple complex, I’ve noticed it’s covered in blood.  Not just a little blood, a lot of blood.  Seems the black bear is still on the loose.  I dispatched one of the newly filled squads to go down and kill it.  Not worth the effort of capturing and training it.  Not with the mess it’s creating.

18th Slate, 560
There are reports of a Gamer fighting Crundles in the caverns.  How the hell did he get down there??

19th Slate, 560
Oh for the love of-!!

It’s confined at the very least.

27th Slate, 560
An army of Trollfaces and inundating our traps.  The mechanics should hopefully get their eventually.  In the meantime, I’m ordering the installation of new traps, and a weapons trap on the level where they appeared.  If that get past that… well shit.

28th Slate, 560
Alright, well I refuse to lighten the guard to the only known entrance into the fort due to the presence of the Gamers outside. In order to lighten it, we’re sallying planning to kill them all, and return to get the other jobs I want done.  I get it a small chance of success.

Events from 29th Slate, 560
“STOP RUSHING AHEAD YOU FOOLS!” Rogue shouted.  He was presently lagging behind, hearing only the screams of those that two minutes ago where overeager fools.  No one paid any mind, instead rushing as fast as they could to aid allies already in the heat of it.

Fire rose up from a space further up, from a dip in the landscape.  Some of the trees were alight, and the gamer ranks sitting atop horses, with their war dogs growling and snarling at the frontline, not yet released for their duty. 

Rogue stopped to dump his stomach, still sick from sunlight, and continued to stumble forward, hearing the ripping of metal, cloth and flesh.  From around the edges of the front, there rose up the shouts of surprise, and the war cries of more gamers that leapt from their hiding spaces.  Gamer body parts flew around as the chainsaws on the frontlines, in the hands of experienced military. 

The recruits that had been drafted a week ago, turned their heads and removed the context of the stomachs.  Those that had already emptied felt their tongues and throats constricting as they tried to remove their entire stomachs. 

Rogue reached the frontline, and immediately fired up Sosasbakust, bringing it down on the first gamer, and then the second, and third, and fourth.  When the weapon stalled, punches and kicks, even a rock grabbed when the struggle forced him to the ground.  The Gamers were good fighters, but not good enough.  When they sent blows to his way, he dodged away, and they stumbled on as he hacked off arms. 

The fires that had mysteriously started previously had now spread up to the canopy, smoke floating down and around, obscuring the battlefield, enemies and allies little more than shadows.  A smattering of war cries, starting from desperation, rising to a grand crescendo. 

“For Necrothreat!”

“Death to Armok!”

“Death to Ur!”

“Forumites above all!”

Rogue swept his eyes about, searching for a new target.  He found none.  From elsewhere, he heard Apiks yell, “Their ranks are broken, fall back to the entrance!”  Stumbling back through the smoke and smog, Rogue saw the others make their ways to the area too.  Beaten, battered, most of the recruits trying to drag their dead friends with them, before giving up, or forced to leave them as tree branches and trunks collapsed after the fire ate through them. 

It would be quite an operation to bury the dead after this.

Journals
8th Felsite, 560
There are still two enemy combatants alive.  We’re not going to deal with them at this time.  The fire has spread beyond our control, and while I’ll send out the men to log out a fire break, I doubt it’ll be in time. 

New report in on the remaining Gamers is that the remainder is dead.  Well, at least that’s taken care of.  Total casualties are right around ten lost. 

It’s been a long spring.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:50:23 am by Carefulrogue »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 02, 2017, 02:43:02 pm »

Long, sure, but sounds like it's been successful, too. Good job, CR.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 02, 2017, 03:07:21 pm »

How did the bear get away from the courage wolves?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 02, 2017, 04:27:41 pm »

How did the bear get away from the courage wolves?
From what I understand from the log, they were keeping it suppressed.  I was just sorta tired of dealing with the reports, and there was a lot of blood, which given prioritization, it will never be removed.  Unless you do want to have a temple to the god of blood. 

Long, sure, but sounds like it's been successful, too. Good job, CR.
Generally better than I expected.  Granted, I inherited a legendary level military squad, then added meatshields.  TheFlame can probably be credited for success as of right now.  I merely said, "to hell with it," went click, and here we are.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 02, 2017, 05:20:53 pm »

Goddammit, why did you send the new recruits into battle? The experienced military could have handled it and you just got them all killed! We don't have a surplus of forumites you know!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 02, 2017, 06:08:12 pm »

Goddammit, why did you send the new recruits into battle? The experienced military could have handled it and you just got them all killed! We don't have a surplus of forumites you know!
Well aware.  I just have a chronic distrust of the military's capabilities.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 202