Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 39b - Dwarves Lacking True Grit  (Read 797 times)

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
39b - Dwarves Lacking True Grit
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:42:57 am »

Cowardice. Everyone hates it, and while it does happen, it seems to have to my dwarves the most.

I'm not sure why either. In order to facilitate the ease of mobilization I break my squads into single dwarves so they move as they can regardless of their leader's current status.

But this has an issue. You see, my Dwarves seem to flee from their opponents unless they have VASTLY superior training (elite) or by some number roll I'm not familiar with. 4 dwarves on 5 goblins? RUN FOR THE MOUNTAINHOMES LADS!

Is this a bug or just a feature to keep Dwarves from being moved around one at a time?

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39b - Dwarves Lacking True Grit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:42:27 am »

Does they also flee when they're on squad ?

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:40 am »

I've seen it happen, but not so much. Perhaps intentional.

Psitticine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:38:09 pm »

It sounds to me like they're all calculating their odds as 1 (their squad size) vs 5 (enemy size).  That's not great odds, even if you have the skill advantage on your side.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 02:04:54 pm »

It sounds to me like they're all calculating their odds as 1 (their squad size) vs 5 (enemy size).  That's not great odds, even if you have the skill advantage on your side.

Ahh, I was wondering about this - that makes perfect sense...guess its time to make real squads with a front line of warriors and a few archers in the rear.