Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 235198 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #1275 on: August 09, 2010, 02:06:29 am »

It could have been that. Someone give me Taking Screenshots 101 and next time it happens, I'll get it and see what's going on.

press printscreen button (on your keyboard, usually to the upper right).
open any drawing/photo-edit program (previous step may require your photo program to already be running)
find the "paste from clipboard" option (or analogue).
use it.

crop screen cap to taste, and serve warm, with a side of exposition.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 09, 2010, 09:29:41 am »

That is a very delicious sounding screenshot.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 21, 2010, 06:44:21 am »

DF MODE: Alligators retreat to nearby water depths and will literally drag Dwarves in and then Deathroll them...

Was in need of Bones for a Mood and saw I had Gators on the map, though meh dog/cow bones are pennys compared to Gator bones, Commander attack!!! Wait whats this, they ran to the water, well chase them before they get there, oh damn he got in, ok cancel the kill order, wait why are you jumping into the water. //Report button// WHAT GATOR HAS LATCHED ONTO HEAD AND TRASHES ABOUT!!!

DAMN IT, THATS EPIC!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 21, 2010, 10:50:39 am »

that using the adventurer trap on and runesmith one can in a way clone thy self and carry a cage with themselves in it.

found this out by cage trapping myself and taking of the caged flag off the character.

well the goal was getting companions to be trapped in a cage so one could try to tame and cage every single race and sub race as means of a adventurer mega-quest/project
sad thing is I don't have a cage opener. 
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 21, 2010, 10:56:56 am »

If it's a wooden cage you might try burning the cage.  Although I don't really mess with cages much, in dwarf mode or adventure mode, so I don't know what would happen.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 21, 2010, 11:05:35 am »

If it's a wooden cage you might try burning the cage.  Although I don't really mess with cages much, in dwarf mode or adventure mode, so I don't know what would happen.
well some how carrying your self in a cage in the bag is a big enough mind screw that it broke the game. well I should have sold my self to the nearest human shop for a statue.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 21, 2010, 01:24:35 pm »

I wonder if the magical teleport bug is still there? That's the one where if you destroy the cage in magma (or by burning it?) the creature teleports to where it was caught. Could be funny.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 21, 2010, 04:52:37 pm »

I wonder if the magical teleport bug is still there? That's the one where if you destroy the cage in magma (or by burning it?) the creature teleports to where it was caught. Could be funny.

burning the cage does teleport you to the spot the cage is so it works (that and time spent in the cage goes by in real time until one leaves said cage.)
also I found out three new things
one the reason why I had a hard time picking up the cage the second time was due to my adventurer had 0 kills and picking up your self seem to cause the game to divide by 0 literally.
two is that wild animals can be caught in these traps also so I maybe need to remove the player Civ and drop them on top of the cage trap for it to work.
three "T"raveling outside of the area will remove the "adventurer in a cage" and you be left with a empty one.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 22, 2010, 03:09:32 pm »

A massive, continent-spanning nation had conquered the surrounding elvish tribes. According to history, many elves were enslaved, but it looked to me like they were integrated into the civilization. Any forest retreat in the region looks just like a human town, with more often than not an elvish warlord and elvish shopkeepers. You could find elves living in human towns as well. Meanwhile the traditional tribal elves weren't doing so well; they successfully rolled over the human settlement nearby, but left it a ruin and returned to living in trees.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 22, 2010, 03:25:37 pm »

'Were the elf that uses iron, for he hass all the strength inherent to the race, bu none of the weaknesses.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 23, 2010, 03:43:59 pm »

High enough shield skill and the Colossus won't be able to get a hit in. And every single attack on a Colossus gains experience in that skill. Of course everyone already knew that, bear with me.

High enough swimming skill, and you're faster in water than on land. Colossus can follow you into those pits of stagnant water, but can't follow you out. If you have one of each weapon in bronze or weaker, you can get them all up to Legendary skill in one encounter, and just climb out to take naps. If you sleep too close to the edge, he'll interrupt you every couple Z's with his bragging, but other than that, it's perfectly safe. This will also bring many of your traits to Superhuman.

namragog

• Bay Watcher
  • How many woods can a wood wood chu- Wait, no...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01:20 pm »

In arena mode, i created a phalanx of 100 dwarves with gold halberds, and a dragon. they all died, and then i created a crossbowdwarf with no experience at all. he killed the dragon in one shot, literally ripping his skull and brain in two, which then flew across the arena into magma and steamed for a minute or two.
Erarngumrash!

namragog

• Bay Watcher
  • How many woods can a wood wood chu- Wait, no...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 26, 2010, 01:43:59 pm »

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!
Erarngumrash!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 26, 2010, 04:44:29 pm »

eh, disregard that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:39 am »

I found out that if you make a adventurer reaction that takes ANYthing and turn it into an axe.
you earn the ability to grab  MAT-breathe form it into an Axe then throw it straight back to the foul creature who used that attack.

I wonder if this means we can make dragonfire shields and axes?

how I found this out... by attempting to climb UP a underground structure.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 95