Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Civilization from SvS is your favorite?

Freaks
- 6 (19.4%)
Valkyries
- 2 (6.5%)
Amazons
- 4 (12.9%)
Vikings
- 2 (6.5%)
Orcs
- 2 (6.5%)
Drunks
- 5 (16.1%)
Elders
- 1 (3.2%)
Dvergars
- 0 (0%)
Eh, whatever
- 9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Sage Vs. Sodom, New Version Beta 0.80!  (Read 19363 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Vs. Sodom Mod, with Amazons and Vikings!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 07:28:09 am »

New update, this time with Dvergar and better weapons for the Vikings.  Also, religions got major overhaul, to promote conflict.

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 03:58:30 pm »

Are you still working on this? I've been testing this out and things seems to be in order. (Adventure mode in a savage world as a viking is fun.)
Everything works, though sometimes vikings seem somewhat weak in world generation

some more thoughts:

If you make the Ungoods a rival civ, maybe rename them "Infidels", the idea is from Civilization 2's Midgard scenario

If you want a scary civ, I'd suggest some sort of race of giants, or Jotun, since that would fit in quite well with the vikings, (if you start adding creatures they could use mammoths as mounts) though there might be balancing problems

..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 07:54:52 pm »

Well, it's not actually a Viking mod, as I seem to think there's already a viking mod out there.

If not, I'd probably rename the Amazons as the Valkryes.  Once I figure out how to properly spell Valkyres.

Still, nice ideas.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 09:42:32 am »

valkries.

Eh, wait.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 10:33:58 am »

The usual English spelling is Valkyries, or Valkyrie singular.

The Icelandic spelling is Valkyrja singluar, and Valkyrjur plural.

Valkyrja is almost homophonic to Valkyrie, so you might want to use Valkyrie and spell the plural as Valkyriur.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 12:10:53 pm »

use the icelandic one. cooler

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 02:33:04 am »

Poll added to see what people want.  Vote now!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 06:42:06 am »

So far the voice of the people seems to be rather.. straightforward.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 09:08:17 am »

Hehehe. Everyone wants the valkyries [censored]...
The irony of humen.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 08:38:18 pm »

Indeed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 10:54:40 pm »

Ok, modified the voting, to correctly see what people want, factoring in what is sorta given.

First two options would introduce the Ungoods as Infidels, using strange but not really kinky weapons and items.

Second two options would really see the Ungoods dive into kinky stuff.  Mostly whip and whip-like weapons, for starters.

I'll probably rename the Orcs into the Giants, but not increase their size.  Instead, I'll boost their Damblock.  Also, I'll see if I can get them to worship a giant instead of a demon.  Story-wise, the Giant civilizations is really only marginally taller than all others, greatly exagerated in myth and legend, kinda like how the dvergen are small in myth but normal size in reality.

If anyone complains, next release will feature size 12 giants who attack at setting 1 with steel weapons.  Can you say Ragnarok?

Happy gaming!

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 01:36:23 am »

I want more races with whips. I've got to rely on goblin lashers right now that get torn apart by my wrestlers before they get cage trapped or run away screaming. I'm all for finding whips and scourges more often. They're fun to line my labyrinth with.

Reccomendations:

I'd think the amazons should fight with wrestling, archery (not crossbows, explain in a minute), and swords. Greco-Roman, so big on wrestling and expedient use of short swords, and they're actually famous for their dedication to learning archery. Mainly that they cut off one of their breasts to get them out of the way so they could draw back the bowstring as far as they needed.

Ungoods: Whips and trap components mate. Giant corkscrews, spiked ball, upright spike... S'funny how many of those trap components could have misconstrued and altogether inventive sidepurposes for the sufficiently twisted.

Sages: Diddly on the ideas, you seem to have said it all. Militant conservative lot, heavily beefed up aggression, and full to the brim with piss and vinegar. I like it.

Orcs: Think Dimmu Borgir. Screaming, warpaint, and lots of breaking things. I'd suggest that if it's possible, you have a portion of them go into berserk moods and wear no armor. Maul, hammer, hammer, hammer, more hammer, mace, flail, morningstar, spiked ball, More maul, battle axe, extra large trap axe blade, great axe, and two handed sword. The first emphasis is on BIG WEAPON. The second emphasis is on DESTRUCTIVE WEAPON. The third, close range. These don't come to mind as hiding behind fortifications and ducking behind cover.

Valkyries: Less scantily clad, more chain mail, and plate armor layers. These types went about ferrying souls in armor. The Amazonians did not. Pick and choose a weapon aside from the trap components and the whips, because the vikings used rather a lot of tools to get their job of conquering done. don't skimp on wrestling either.

Final Reccomendation: Put in a LOT more of the Sage than there should be. That's one faction with a beef with every faction, so it's going to need to be able to hold it's own. When these elves pick a fight with some of these people for being impure, they're going to fight right on back for their right to be scantily clad and to violate each other with screw pumps.

I love the idea mate, and hope this all gets finished with great elan.
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 03:51:34 pm »

Glad to hear from you, love the ideas.  Except the one-breasted Amazons.  That's kinda creepy.  Also, I think of the Amazons as also being spear-users, but not blunt or polearm users.  They're a bit savage, and like the sight of blood.  Did I give the Amazons crossbows?  Big oops if I did.

Honestly, the faction balance in regards to warfare was kinda last minute.  In truth, while the Sages don't really condone the actions of the other races, they aren't really warlike either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I might tone down the Sages.  Or, just beef up those staffs and orbs they use.  The armor is still kind of experimental.

In regards to the whips, I think you're gonna like my plans for the Ungoods.
Also, I never thought of including both Valkryies and Amazons.  To be honest, I was trying to figure out just how to put the Valkryies into the game.  My new plan is to include them as a civ with babysnatcher, to represent how they take the dead to Valhalla, but not give them an active season, since it seems slightly odd to have angry Valkyries sieging the Vikings.

Looks like I need to redo the poll again...
Ok, new options.  I'll try to go a couple days without editting the poll now...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 10:11:10 pm »

Just posted a deluxe version, which is compatable with Mike Mayday's Graphic and Tile sets.

Also, it features a worldgen file with "Warworld", which hopefully will cause you more conflict.

I'm glad to see five downloads, despite my not having mentioned this on the forums yet.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 03:14:14 pm »

Glad to hear from you, love the ideas.  Except the one-breasted Amazons.  That's kinda creepy.  Also, I think of the Amazons as also being spear-users, but not blunt or polearm users.  They're a bit savage, and like the sight of blood.  Did I give the Amazons crossbows?  Big oops if I did.

Honestly, the faction balance in regards to warfare was kinda last minute.  In truth, while the Sages don't really condone the actions of the other races, they aren't really warlike either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I might tone down the Sages.  Or, just beef up those staffs and orbs they use.  The armor is still kind of experimental.

In regards to the whips, I think you're gonna like my plans for the Ungoods.
Also, I never thought of including both Valkryies and Amazons.  To be honest, I was trying to figure out just how to put the Valkryies into the game.  My new plan is to include them as a civ with babysnatcher, to represent how they take the dead to Valhalla, but not give them an active season, since it seems slightly odd to have angry Valkyries sieging the Vikings.

Looks like I need to redo the poll again...
Ok, new options.  I'll try to go a couple days without editting the poll now...

Oh shitsticks, I missed spears. Back then spears were more hunting and less war aligned. They came more into play when there was a big armored guy on a horse eager to hack your peasant balls off that you'd really prefer to keep at a distance, but yeah, I think there's a definite plausibility to them using spears. Yes, it may be creepy, but that's how the stories back then rolled. They weren't gonna let a tit or two stand in the way of them firing a 100 lb draw bow straight through two men and into the horse behind them, no siree bob.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I'll Fuck you with, a Giant Screw: An Ungood's expression of Lust
Download is up, you say?! My good man, you may have just made my day! A GCS burial you deserve, and may Armok your soul preserve! Three cheers for the modder who shalt be remembered throughout the ages, now I beg pardon, I'm off to violate some sages!

Right, slight problem here. So I go and download it, switch out and click Yes To All replacing a crapload of stuff. I open it, sweet as can be, and I open up a fortress I'm working on. Uh oh!

FATAL ERROR: Cannot Find HUMAN

Or something or other.

Downloaded DF again off the Mirror, replaced my raws, it's all running dandy, HOWEVER, no mod. I really, really, really want little midgets running around screaming fighting reasy lubed up humans trying to beat the little buggers with whips. Please tell me what went wrong man, I'm dying here!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:35:22 pm by StrayCat »
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5