Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 61364 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #435 on: April 09, 2009, 02:34:30 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14th Moonstone, 215, Early-Winter:

Some goblins with some pussy human leader showed up today.  I'm going to send out my military to slaughter them.

No wishes or lucks here.  They're dead.  We might get some casualities, but they're worthless haulers anyway.  One atleast.

It's just one squad too.  I wonder what they were thinking...

"Hay guyz we neer questdead!?"

"O rly!"

"YA RLY!"

"letz go!"

"im glAD we hav teh smart of humenz!"

30 seconds later...(I was having trouble getting my guys to go kill them)

HOLY HELL WHERE DID THEY COME FORM!?

What should I do now?  Make the citizens come in now.  My champions can take them though.  Maybe there's more somewhere.

MOVIE:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1258-atoughgoblinbattleorisit

[OOC]  This was the strangest battle in the history of DeathQuest.  3 squads of goblins spawing from the same place?  One of my men die!  HFS at the end?  Watch and find out.  Heheheh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, this update was good.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2009, 10:08:57 am »

17th Moonstone, 215, Early-Winter:

Well....I can't believe how we fell for that.  It was a trick all along.

'Leader' was killed.  Now all my champions are outside.  Most havn't even fought an orc before, but now...

THE GOLBINS TRICKED US!  THEY DREW US OUT FOR AN EASY KILL AND HAD ORC STATIONED OUT BEYOND OUR FIELD OF SIGHT.

Most of them survived, ran off before the orcs came.  And they KILLED one of our guys, which they probably didn't even suspect.  We've been had!

Hiding won't work, the champions would be stranded outside.  I'm going to have to make my champions fight until...until..I don't know.  I wish them luck this time.

LATER....

Eh...that went...OK.  There was a few rookies that got killed, but other wise ok.

Even one of the handicapped soldiers went out to battle, 'FIGHT!!' was his name I believe.  He came out with a frown on his face and a missing lung.  He must of cracked or something.  I wonder how the rest of wint---OH YEAH I FORGOT MORE HAULING!!!

MOVIE:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1264-orcattack

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2009, 10:09:58 am »

So, the second you finish the siege another pops up. I think a third one is just waiting around the corner.....

Blood!!!!!!!
Ask about our Noble-Extermination Death Machines!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 10, 2009, 12:39:34 pm »

Wow, you look like you had alot of fun.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2009, 01:07:12 pm »

I think I should just turn off outside refuse hauling.

I have so many bodies, by the time I'm half finished there's more bodies!

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 10, 2009, 05:26:00 pm »

Heh. You showed them. Good work!
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2009, 08:44:02 am »

I'm sure we can't be sieged twice in one season, I never heard of it happening anyway.

Look what I found.  I guess I was wrong.   :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2009, 08:41:11 am »

21st Moonstone, 215, Early-Winter:

Stinthad stared over Leader's body.

"He's dead...he's dead."

"It's ok Stinthad."  Tun had walked up behind him.

"He was killed by his own foolishness to proof his worth."

"Don't say that!"  Stinthad shoved Tun.

"What are we suppose to do!  Cry over it!"  Tun glared at him.

"Since you were in second of command now you're in charge!  You havn't even killed an orc before until now!"

"Leader thought it wa--"

"LEADER ISN'T HEAR!"

Dumud popped in from behind.  "What are you two shouting about?"  Dumud was part of his own one man squad.

Stinthad yelled out quickly before Tun.

"HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR HIS LEADER LEADER!"  Dumud thought Leader was a dumb name, but kept his mouth shut.

"Look!  See the other dead guy over there!"  He pointed north-east at the dead champion.

"He was my friend too!  Do you expect me to cry about it!  You shouldn't be in charge now....Leader shoudn't of been in charge now.  He was stupid and thought he can take the orcs."  He took a deep breath.

An akward silence followed.

Tun started up again, "Look, we need to prepare for the next attack, we have no clue when they'll come again."

"Agreed."  Dumud said.

"......fine." Stinthad looked at Leader one last time and walked away.  He sliced a goblin corpse in two with rage half way to the entrance.

7th Obsidian, 215, Late-Winter:

Everything has been goin honky durry.  Yes indeed.  Nothing has been getting done!  Not one body was removed from the field yet.  They have all rotted to their core.  I'm thirsty!  Isn't life grand?  Dwarves won't put bodies away, but they'll gladly stick statues in every corner of the map.

We made a nice support picture too.  It's either an arrow or a tree.  I don't know.

All I know is that it's holding my false hope of reality up.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 14, 2009, 09:45:23 am »

What's the death count so far?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2009, 10:05:04 am »

1st Granite, 216, Early-Spring:

Spring has arrived, oh joy.  More statues were brought out.  Nothing else has happened.

Hmm..wait I remember something now.  Tholtig's younger brother grew up a week ago.  That's two dwarves who have had their lives in DeathQuest the whole time.

He's hauling an orc to the arena as we speak!  Hahaha.

STATS:

Next year will be dreadful, nothing is the beer of today.

[OOC]  Let's get some 3Dwarf pictures, shall we?

EDIT:  I'll get the death count in a minute.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 14, 2009, 10:52:27 am »

I listed the statistics in order.  I like numbers.  And progressive growth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Death Count Next!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:29 am »

I like numbers, any math nerds out there who would be willing to do a graph representing the growth/time of this fort?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2009, 11:25:51 am »

Unfortuantly, I couldn't salavge year 12.   :P

Here's the death count:

DEATHCOUNT SO FAR [1st Granite, 216, Early-Spring]:

142 Alive Total Dwarves
148 Dead Total Dwarves

38 Alive Dwarf Children
18 Dead Dwarf Children

104 Alive Adult Dwarves
130 Dead Adult Dwarves

33 Alive Legendary Dwarves
12 Dead Legendary Dwarves

437 Alive Tame Animals
279 Dead Tame Animals

14 Alive Wild Animals
270 Dead Wild Animals

106 Alive Invaders
1301 Dead Invaders

6 Alive Legendary Invaders
2 Dead Legendary Invaders

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 14, 2009, 01:41:33 pm »

Altogether, assuming somethings, (that some numbers were seperate) the body count is... 2028. Must be a very long list, OH OH! Any funny named dwarfs?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:23 pm »

Yeah, around 2000 dead, but that isn't including merchants.   ;D
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40