Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 420585 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1305 on: November 20, 2009, 11:19:59 am »

What are their personalities like?  It's probably that they're not very compatible, or that one of them is particularly antisocial.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 20, 2009, 06:58:55 pm »

I'd say use DC to make Urist pregnant, but I've never used it and that is likely not an option.

Urist may have to adopt.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1307 on: November 20, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »

I'd say use DC to make Urist pregnant, but I've never used it and that is likely not an option.

Urist may have to "adopt"
Something doesnt seem right...

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 21, 2009, 10:14:40 am »

Dwarves generally prefer relationships with dwarves in the same migrant group and, yes, generation. They WILL still have relationships with others who are not in the same grouping, but they will build very slowly relative to a relationship between two migrants from the same wave.

It disturbs me how much you know about Dwarven relationships and sex.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 21, 2009, 10:52:09 pm »

I make it my business to read up on any subject that has even the slightest chance of being relevant at some point in the future.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08:11 pm »

I thought dwarves bred with spores.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1311 on: November 26, 2009, 08:04:29 pm »

We 'avent heard from MrGimp in quite some time...
 :'(

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 29, 2009, 09:15:08 pm »

My guess?

MASSIVE Ratweed binge.
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 29, 2009, 10:09:03 pm »

Or programming to gain money for EVEN MORE MASSIVE Ratweed binges.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1314 on: December 02, 2009, 01:41:20 pm »

Oy vei.

Yeah you're right about all of that...especially the programming...but then even more especially the rat weed.  haha

Well, Im almost done with the current project for work, it wraps up on Friday (I fucking hope).  So the next few days is crunch time, but then I might have time to write something up for DF.

Im a couple years ahead of the story in game, I just havent had time to write anything because life is made of poop.   :'(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:45:11 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1315 on: December 02, 2009, 01:47:41 pm »

But in the meantime...

If anyone knows a program, or figures out a way to edit dwarven relationships, then post it here and you get dibs on Urist's baby!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1316 on: December 02, 2009, 02:01:20 pm »

Ya...I have no clue, and I need it too. (rhymes!)
Dwarf companion may have it, although I still haven't managed to find relationships in it yet.

Glad to know updates are coming soon though  ;D

Just curious, is my dwarf still smelting gobs?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1317 on: December 02, 2009, 11:25:21 pm »

Ya...I have no clue, and I need it too. (rhymes!)
Dwarf companion may have it, although I still haven't managed to find relationships in it yet.

Glad to know updates are coming soon though  ;D

Just curious, is my dwarf still smelting gobs?

I'm gonna try to do a big status update on all the named dwarves soon, with a brief blurb on what theyve been up to...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1318 on: December 02, 2009, 11:38:00 pm »

Christes sat with the telepath.  After so many months she could still not master the art of matter-bending.

"No!" the telepath's voice rang in her mind.  "You are doing it wrong!  Your mind is too rigid!  Turn it to mush!  MUSH!  Mush mind is all knowing!"

"Mush mind?" asked Christes in confusion.

"Yes!  Mind like child!  Not held down by preconceived thoughts and ideas.  Happy go lucky!  You are too serious!"

Christes sighed.  "I'll try to relax..."

On the other side of the infinite void, but only a finite distance from Christes, Tradanbattlan floated helplessly.  He had long ago given up moving or speaking.  He had accepted the reality of pure nothingness.  He was lost in fantasy day dreams in his mind.  He didn't even see the whiteness anymore.  No...he was reliving memories from his life in Blockedlance, where he would sometimes go down to the blue microcline caves in the lower levels of the fortress with Christes.  They would bang for hours in the pale blue rooms, and with Pavlovian inevitability Tradan had grown quite fond of the miserable blue stone.

Ahhh....Microcline, Tradan thought to himself.

All of a sudden, his head slammed into something as hard as a rock.  He was nearly knocked unconscious, but he managed to keep it together.  He regained his composure and looked up.  There, floating in the whiteness before him was a beautiful blue boulder.

"MICROCLINE!!!" he shouted in joy.  "How the hell did you get here?  Its like you came out of nowhere....orrr....were you always there?"  Tradan scratched his head.  "Oh well....fuck....this is awesome......"

And so, Tradan now had a stone to play with.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:24:45 am by MrGimp »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1319 on: December 02, 2009, 11:42:25 pm »

YES
I WILL BEGIN CARVING AT ONCE
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 164