Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 420582 times)

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
Re: Blockedlance - Exiled to the Surface!
« Reply #2280 on: March 16, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »

I was elected Mayor? It's time to steal...err...save money for my old days.
I'm amazed at how you manage to keep this long tale interesting, Mr.Gimp, I will follow this to the (bitter) end! :)
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2281 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:08 pm »

I'm amazed at how you manage to keep this long tale interesting, Mr.Gimp,

Thanks!  Yeah, it's been a long time.  It's been a community project though.  I wouldn't have kept writing if people hadn't kept reading.  And thanks to the people who made Dwarf Companion and Tweak, so that I could keep throwing weird things at the dwarves.  lol

And of course, all hail the Toady One.

I will follow this to the (bitter) end! :)

Good, cuz we're driving this thing into the ground!  We're going all the way....until the wheels fall off and the engine explodes.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 16, 2011, 11:46:07 pm »

I must weigh in as one of the many, many followers who love this story and can't wait to see it finished.  I first saw the link in the Hall of Legends, and HAD to read it.  Left the forums for about 6 months or so because of busy IRL, and came back to see this was UPDATED!  I was so excited to see that the story I'd spent long, long nights catching up on was still alive and moving towards the end.  I hate the Empress and want her to die so badly, it's rare that a fictional character gets me so riled up one way or the other!

It's actually what inspired me to start my community fortress; Blockedlance is an amazing story, and I dearly want to see what kick-started my writing end in fiery, bloody glory (as opposed to its fiery, bloody present).  Keep up the sweet work.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2283 on: March 17, 2011, 01:10:43 am »

Yeah I started in 40d.  Then updated it to 40d16, then 40d18.  For the past year or so Ive been swapping it back and forth between 40d and 40d18 because tweak and dwarf companion only work with 40d.

Im not sure when the error occurred but Im pretty sure it was in 40d18.  What do I need to do to fix it?
Well, cool to know that the saves are compatible. I'll need a heap of different forts with and without active sieges. My guess is that the game has a flag for those on some static position in memory... So, when I use the tools for memory search I created for dfhack and a ton of different forts, I should be able to find the flag.

It could take a bit of time, because I'll have to actually play the game a lot :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:15:23 am by peterix »

DerUbermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 17, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »

MrGimp, can I get on board this wagon to hell? :D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2285 on: March 31, 2011, 12:03:57 am »

Sure.  Whats the name of the future corpse?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2286 on: March 31, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

Yeah I started in 40d.  Then updated it to 40d16, then 40d18.  For the past year or so Ive been swapping it back and forth between 40d and 40d18 because tweak and dwarf companion only work with 40d.

Im not sure when the error occurred but Im pretty sure it was in 40d18.  What do I need to do to fix it?
Well, cool to know that the saves are compatible. I'll need a heap of different forts with and without active sieges. My guess is that the game has a flag for those on some static position in memory... So, when I use the tools for memory search I created for dfhack and a ton of different forts, I should be able to find the flag.

It could take a bit of time, because I'll have to actually play the game a lot :)

I can email you a save or something if you want to look at it?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 31, 2011, 09:30:02 am »

*patiently waiting for next chapter of story*
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2288 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:31 pm »

"There it is!"

Christes had been trudging along behind the telepath for quite some time.  Her gaze had been fixed on the invisible ground that her feet could walk upon when she walked with the telepath.  Each step was difficult, as the ground seemed to rise and fall like any other ground, and she could never prepare her feet for where it would be.  She had felt like she had been climbing higher and higher for some time.  When the telepath's voice filled her head, Christes looked up, and then around her in all directions.

"What?" she asked.

"We've reached the Summit of the White Mountains!  Isn't the view spectacular?" said the voice of the telepath.  Christes looked around some more, peering faring off into the whiteness.

"I dont see anything."

"Hmmph!  Well....your mind's eye just does not open does it?" bemoaned the mysterious telepath.  "Look....down there.....the coast.  See it?  Just down this mountain, and we will be on the shores of the Sea of Nothing.  You cant see it because of the haze....but out there on the horizon is the Island of Whiteness."

Christes saw whiteness alright....that was all she saw.

"Yes.......I see it......the Sea of Nothing.  Very impressive.  Let's get going.  We must cross it." said Christes, trying to get the telepath moving again.

"Ha!  Come then little one.  Let's descend the mountain and see if we cant find a shipwright from which we can buy a boat."  The telepath's voice whistled in her head as she watched him walking forward.  His steps began descending slowly through the void.  Christes followed, and she found that her feet fell a bit farther with each step.  It was an odd sensation, because she could not see the ground that the telepath said was there.  Still....she would have to bear his madness if she would want to see Tradan again....

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2289 on: March 31, 2011, 01:12:14 pm »

So I noticed something weird.  Mogror Harbett (the red dwarf face in the pic below) is secretly keeping a wounded Khamerite alive deep below the fortress.

I guess the Khamerite got wounded in the fist fights and tantrums that had started to envelope the fortress, but got locked down here before the bridges were raised.  He should be suffering with no bed out in on the surface!  Instead, hes lying in a bed.  This is an outrage!

Mogror better be torturing the shit out of this motherfucker!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2290 on: March 31, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »

Spring 285

Urist turns 131 this year.  She would reach dying age in 19 years.  The oldest dwarf in the world (besides the enslaved King Fikkod) had only lived to be 170.  Urist would be 170 in 39 years. 

2-4 decades.  After 81 years at Blockedlance, that was all she had left in her.  Urist passed her time by having babies.

First, there was little Prince Chuckles, who oddly enough for a prince, was put off by authority and tradition.

Then there was Prince Fuzzybeard, who was not only put off by tradition, but was in touch with his emotions and was always happy and optimistic.  Quite elfy really.

And up in the courtyard, a dwarf named PereGarrett has begun taking charge and directing the activities of the surface dwellers.

Before the end of the year, Jewelettarette had also given birth to some nameless baby in the tower.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 31, 2011, 03:09:42 pm »

And up in the courtyard, a dwarf named PereGarrett has begun taking charge and directing the activities of the surface dwellers.

Hell yeah! Lets make our own fortress, with checkers and elfettes!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

DerUbermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 31, 2011, 08:36:44 pm »

Ubermensch. But please assure that I can live longer then two story posts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:42:42 pm by DerUbermensch »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2293 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:12 pm »

Ubermensch. But please assure that I can live longer then two story posts.

I assure nothing!!!  :)

Sorry for lack of updates.  Stupid work.  We got hacked by some Yemeni hacker group this week too.  I hate work.  When can I become legendary and have my room and board paid for by the state?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 01, 2011, 01:50:18 am »

Who is the wounded Khamerite? Maybe it's some poor, young unfortunate that even Mogror took pity on? Is it a random migrant or does it have some history in the fort?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 164