Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 420586 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Skirmishes of Ragnarok
« Reply #2340 on: May 02, 2011, 12:19:07 pm »

Awesome as always, I noticed the goblin bone throne had an image of the old queen on it, and the adamantine table, which is Urists dining room so it could even fit well in there. I'll just wait for the goblin bone and adamantine throne that's inevitably coming though.
Blargh.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2341 on: May 02, 2011, 03:35:28 pm »

Yeah I debated the adamantine vs goblin bone thing.  At first I was going to keep the adamantine throne because...well....adamantine.  But then I thought, adamantine is just a status symbol....goblin bone however....now that's dwarfy!

I like to imagine the image of old Queen Cog Giltbalance the Tactical Relief of Fortifying in horse leather is stitched into the padding on the seat cushion.  That way, whenever Urist sits down, she's sitting triumphantly on the face of her old dead ruler/rival.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:38:22 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 02, 2011, 07:12:35 pm »

Awesome as always. :)
I have a question, though... What's with the 'Wise' guy turning up? Is that some feature of 40d I haven't heard about?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2343 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:44 pm »

Yeah he is a 40d noble.  He is the Philosopher.  He doesnt do anything...but he also doesnt make any special demands on the fort.  So he is one of the few nobles that is never a threat to stability.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

12innigma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 03, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »

I'm glad to come back and see how much more this has evolved!
If you're still dorfing, could I have one, just named Innigma. Throw him/her anywhere if you do, I'm not picky.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 04, 2011, 06:18:35 am »

If you're still dorfing, could I have one, just named Innigma. Throw him/her anywhere if you do, I'm not picky.
"Hallo.  Mai name is Innigma Mataya.  You keel mai father.  Prepare to die."

Sorry, I read that line and I instinctively thought of that!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2346 on: May 04, 2011, 11:29:39 am »

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57:12 pm »

This sums up the Queen's thought process to any non-worshippers entirely.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2348 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »

I'm glad to come back and see how much more this has evolved!

Sure Ill put you in

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2349 on: May 04, 2011, 11:44:21 pm »

Spring 290

These are somewhat turbulent times (although compared to some of the other times at Blockedlance maybe its not so bad?).  With Prince NobodyPro dead, the Empress was even more paranoid and on edge.  With Afrosquirrel dead the Kurkites are on edge.  And the Khamerites....well a lot of them were dead, so they were definitely feeling the pressure.

Urist decided to increase the size of the military.  She was worried by the fact that the military of Blockedlance was a bunch of superdwarvenly tough geezers.  Most of them were pagans as well, and of questionable loyalty.  Urist grabbed some of the younger Khamerites who were showing devout loyalty to Armok.  Perhaps these few Khamerites could be isolated from their clan and rehabilitated?  They could join their grandmother guarding the fortress.  And hey....maybe someday on a whim she would throw them into the arena to fight each other to the death.  You just never know.

The new dwarves are named Ganon, Urjael, and KeltiKnight.  They are given some axes and sent to train under the swordsman Baron von Freden.  In this way, the Khamerites shall bleed and die to defend the courtyard, and Urist can hold her more dear defenders back for emergencies.

They are knighted in a ceremony in the Temple of Armok, which has seen some recent additions.  There is seating on wooden pews for the congregation.  Theres a few pillars around.  Some gold statues.  Theres some adamantine statues up on pillars, and between them (you cant see it in the Visualizer) is an artifact ruby idol (of Armok) sitting majestically above the faithul.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:46:15 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2350 on: May 05, 2011, 12:18:14 am »

The year 290 brings us another wave of elves throwing themsleves at our gates.  Jazz and MadMonkey24 are there to defend our home.

A Kurkish Farmer happens to be outside as well, however.  He gets a beating before Lord Jazz rescues him.  Check out his last name though.  What a great name for a peasant.  Certainwhip.

Jazz and MadMonkey fight off wave after wave and are pulled away from the front gate.

A few elven stragglers manage to get one civilian kill.  It is Moose, a Slemitic Noble.  She bleeds to death out their in the field before Jazz and MadMonkey could return to the eastern gate.

This is a shocking blow.  The Slemites are the smallest clan, and each death impacts them greatly.

Also, Moose was our Metropolis Manager.

So now we have to find a new outpost manager. What an interesting life Moose lived.  She grew up the daughter of a Duchess and Duke that was murdered by her Queen.  Whn she was 12 she was abducted by quarcaine-addicted creepy miners and held in a cave for some time.  Then she came back and was Metropolis Manager.  Now...now she was a rotten corpse in a field.  She was taken down to her tomb in great sadness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 05, 2011, 07:54:46 am »

The Expendables... ;)

Looking foward to seeing Yoigen grow up, make friends, learn the subleties of dwarven politics, learn from the sages and somehow gain a place of power, ushering a new era of love, peace and contentedment...
Or more likely dying horribly when some sneaky, greed-driven plot to overthrow her tyrannical mother backfires in her face. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 05, 2011, 10:12:18 am »

Heh, If the elves think they'll breach blockedlanced then they're far from right. Also any news on my dwarf nuthulu? Hopefully he hasn't been crushed, maimed, burned, executed, drowned or been sacrificed.
Blargh.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 05, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

fooddrinkeatdigdigdigfoodsleepdigfooddrinkfoodbreweateatfooddrinksleepsleepSUNSUNSUNPAINdrinkdrinkEAGLE

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:11 am »

Can I please have a dwarf in this hellhole of a fort?  His name should be Nix and can he be one of the Khamerites?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 164