Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419624 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - The Next Generation
« Reply #1620 on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »

I have a couple updates ready...but photobucket is down or something.  I keep uploading the photos, but they dont appear in any of my albums. 

As soon as they get their ass in gear Ill update.  I promise!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1621 on: March 04, 2010, 12:52:01 am »

I have a couple updates ready...but photobucket is down or something.  I keep uploading the photos, but they dont appear in any of my albums. 

I eagerly await ;)

I'm curious; How is eagle doing?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 04, 2010, 05:21:06 pm »

Sure Ill add you as the next armok worshiping Tax Collector, thaey dont die as quick as the others.  An Armok Worshiping Tax Collector just arrived.

Ill name the dwarf xczxc.  Thats a good dwarven name!

Thats perfect thanks

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1623 on: March 05, 2010, 12:21:44 am »

I eagerly await ;)

I'm curious; How is eagle doing?

The last time I played Eagle had just finished smelthing the rest of the limonite.  The lignite is all gone.  He's back to charcoal power.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1624 on: March 05, 2010, 12:24:38 am »

Well....tomorrow at 8 in the morning is my court case to get this 5500 bucks Im owed.  I think its an open and shut case.  Id actually be surprised if he even shows up.  The only way I can lose is technicalities.  Theres always technicalities.  So he might have some legal mumbo jumbo that makes my contract not a contract.  But as long as none of that comes up, Im good.  I think.

Everyone pray to Armok and sacrifice some kittens for me!   ;D

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:12 am »

Or cut the middleman and just sacrifice him. :P

Note: Don't actually do this

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 05, 2010, 01:19:24 am »

However, it's OK to pray to "Armok" and slaughter kittens?

See, the kittens thing... not too bad imo. I'm not much for animal cruelty, so it had better be instantaneous.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 05, 2010, 03:14:15 am »

Step 1: Give dogs [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK].
Step 2: Throw all your dogs in a pit for 12 in-game years.
Step 3 (optional): Assign me one of these dogs, giving it the name "Snookums".
Step 4: Laugh as dogs that have spent 12 years in a motionless pile in a pit have become lightning fast, ultra-tough and ungodly strong because they talked to each other constantly.

Seriously, who needs a military when you have learning, speaking dogs? They breed every year, mature in a year (I think) and don't have pesky requirements like eating, drinking or sleeping. You can chain them at your entrance for constant guarding, or assign them to your woodcutters for guaranteed protection.

Plus, if you have only one animal trainer they will by default have an unstoppable army of Legendary Conversationalist dogs following them at all times.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 05, 2010, 05:32:11 am »

"Even The Mightest Man Will Fall In Battle Without His Weapon" - Sun Tzu

even legendary dogs won't survive a total goblin zerg rush

plus , if ranged soldiers arrive , they are pretty much screwed , unless you give em..... dodgy skillz
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:01:13 am by Ze Spy »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1629 on: March 05, 2010, 12:20:04 pm »

Well....my amazing luck has struck again.

Apparently, when the court served my former employer with the summons to court, he threw them away.  By not signing the papers he can claim he never knew he had to appear.  When the judge looked on the computer she said she saw no proof of service and couldnt hear the case. 

What a fuckload of shit. 

Obviously this guy has been sued before.  Now I have to refile the case.  This time, Im not letting this moron court serve him.  I'll serve him his papers myself, with a witness and a camera videotaping me.

I'm also adding another 500 bucks onto what Im suing for, for wasting mine and the courts time.

If any of you guys ever find yourself in American small claims court suing some douchebag, remember to SERVE HIM YOURSELF!  The court is a bunch of slack-jawed morons.  Half the cases were thrown out this morning for this same reason.  You think they might have tried again when they didnt hear from him?  Or maybe let me know that I needed to go find the guy myself?  Is a phone call or email or letter too much to ask?  Bloody Armok!  Where is dwarven justice when you need it?  Fuck getting my money back, just hammer the guy and call it even.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1630 on: March 05, 2010, 12:28:43 pm »

Ouch.

I have to keep this in mind...

Well, no other comment here.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59:20 pm »

People like that (The Douchbag, not you.) are why I want to burn the earth fix humanity permeant like.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 05, 2010, 07:05:25 pm »

Ugh, that's really broken. The court should attempt to contact someone by all means possible, and then just have him lose by default if schle doesn't show up.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 06, 2010, 01:26:35 pm »

I hope the guy gets served a tall glass of JUSTICE
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1634 on: March 06, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »

Well, fuck him.  I probably wont ever see a dime of that money either way.  So whatever.  Im gonna have to set a new court date that wont come for another month or two.  Oh well.  What can I do?  I'm just a lowly peasant.

Moving on, as dwarves do...

Photobucket FINALLY uploaded my pictures.  So heres Jewelettarette's family as of 248.

Derek, you're in.  Plus Jewelettarette gave birth to another boy.  Theres still the daughter open too.  Plus the Grand-Duchess still has a daughter open.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:07:57 pm by MrGimp »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 164