Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 418668 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Foggy Barbs
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2009, 10:38:07 pm »

A couple items of note before I proceed. 

The fabled donkey Gutterstruck, slaughterer of caravans was freed from her pen.  She left with the last goblin caravan out of town.  But she left her children behind for some reason.  Damn goblins...even their pack animals are heartless and cruel!

I suppose she wants ME to support them?  I aint no baby's daddy!

Oh, and we had another joyous celebration when the new tax collector died.

Collect that, bitch.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2009, 10:39:32 pm »

A couple items of note before I proceed. 

The fabled donkey Gutterstruck, slaughterer of caravans was freed from her pen.  She left with the last goblin caravan out of town.  But she left her children behind for some reason.  Damn goblins...even their pack animals are heartless and cruel!

I suppose she wants ME to support them?  I aint no baby's daddy!

Oh, and we had another joyous celebration when the new tax collector died.

Collect that, bitch.
Yeeeeeeeaaah!
Gutterstruck!!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2009, 10:55:16 pm »

Chapter #5 - The Goblins Return

(NOTE - For those that didnt read the beginning or those that forgot because they smoke too much weed, Blockedlance was originally attacked by goblins before Urist ever got there.  There were sieges and the goblins did not trade.  However, during my original fort my civ capital was re-founded.  This changed the borders, and the nearest goblin civ at that point was peaceful.  So they traded with me upon reclaim, the green bastards.)

And then it happened.

For the first time in thirteen years, Blockedlance was beseiged by goblin hordes!  Many of the peasants panicked, but not Urist.  Urist smiled.  Goblins could mean only one thing; Letterclose was being overrun.  Queen Cog's old stomping grounds could no longer hold back the hostile barbarian goblins from the north.

Urist would prove her TRUE legitimacy here this day.  SHE would have the strength to block the goblin advance into dwarven territory!

And here they are the filthy bastards.  The moat was not yet complete, and the drawbridge not yet raisable.  LegoLord stood with his squad atop the ramparts of the barracks, overlooking the southeastern approach to the keep.  Below him Jackrabbit Spireknife rallied his troops and moved to block the goblin rabble.

As the beak dogs were let loose in front of the goblin advance, Tradanbattlan and Christes began shooting.  Legolord loaded a bolt and took aim, the rest of his men followed suit.  Jackrabbit ordered his squad to advance.

The result is below...

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1147-goblinslaughter
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:38:54 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2009, 11:01:10 pm »

Oh that was fun. Hey, how did you get the screen so big? it was helpful.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2009, 11:01:27 pm »

(NOTE - For those that didnt read the beginning or those that forgot because they smoke too much weed, Blockedlance was originally attacked by goblins before Urist ever got there.  There were sieges and the goblins did not trade.  However, during my original fort my civ capital was re-founded.  This changed the borders, and the nearest goblin civ at that point was peaceful.  So they traded with me upon reclaim, the green bastards.)

And then it happened.

For the first time in thirteen years, Blockedlance was beseiged by goblin hordes!  Many of the peasants panicked, but not Urist.  Urist smiled.  Goblins could mean only one thing; Letterclose was being overrun.  Queen Cog's old stomping grounds could no longer hold back the hostile barbarian goblins from the north.

Urist would prove her TRUE legitimacy here this day.  SHE would have the strength to block the goblin advance into dwarven territory!

And here they are the filthy bastards.  The moat was not yet complete, and the drawbridge not yet raisable.  LegoLord stood atop the ramparts of the barracks, overlooking the southeastern approach to the keep.  Below him Jackrabbit Spireknife rallied his squad and moved to block the goblin rabble.

Legolord loaded a bolt and took aim.  Jackrabbit yelled to his men to advance.

The result is below...

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1147-goblinslaughter
Glorious!
But where was I?
:(

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2009, 11:11:43 pm »

Glorious!
But where was I?

My bad....you and Christes are in the squad with LegoLord.  You were all on top of that building on the left shooting down.

Actually, the marksdwarves got the beak dogs and a few goblins before they even got very far into that corridor of death there.  If you watch the video, the goblins are running away from the very start.  hahaha

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2009, 11:24:42 pm »

I just checked, apparently no named markswarves got any kills.  Probably because they would hit and the goblins would go down, and then the axedwarves came in and delivered the killing blow.

Jackrabbit, you're the only one with any new kills.  You got two.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2009, 11:26:25 pm »

Oh that was fun. Hey, how did you get the screen so big? it was helpful.

Its in the init file.  It depends on what your screen resolution is.  But go into the init and with a little trial and error youll get the viewscreen to be as big as the monitor.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2009, 11:30:51 pm »

I just checked, apparently no named markswarves got any kills.  Probably because they would hit and the goblins would go down, and then the axedwarves came in and delivered the killing blow.

Jackrabbit, you're the only one with any new kills.  You got two.

I kill and kill again! I am unstoppable and greedy! You'd best be training Urist up. When this fort hits it inevitable and intentional tantrum spiral my money's on the legendary with the axe. Or the recruit with the crossbow, whichever.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2009, 11:37:44 pm »

Glorious!
But where was I?

My bad....you and Christes are in the squad with LegoLord.  You were all on top of that building on the left shooting down.

Actually, the marksdwarves got the beak dogs and a few goblins before they even got very far into that corridor of death there.  If you watch the video, the goblins are running away from the very start.  hahaha

...you and Christes are in the squad with LegoLord...
...you and Chrostes...
Coincedence?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2009, 11:41:16 pm »

I edited that post to include you and Christes.  I fought the temptation to make it a love scene.    :)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2009, 11:55:37 pm »

I edited that post to include you and Christes.  I fought the temptation to make it a love scene.    :)
fought the temptation
???

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2009, 11:58:03 pm »

fought the temptation
???

My Gods....youre right....fighting temptation is definitely NOT dwarfy!!!

I must now commit seppuku...

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2009, 11:59:45 pm »

fought the temptation
???

My Gods....youre right....fighting temptation is definitely NOT dwarfy!!!

I must now commit seppuku...
Hmmm...
This may not be a profit to the progress of the story.
Once the tale of Urist ends, then seppuku, you may do.

PS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2009, 12:07:24 am »

Urist Haiku

Prudence is bad word
Dwarves want sex and blood
Now you write story and die
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 164