Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419708 times)

Madmonkey24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot
« Reply #345 on: April 19, 2009, 06:12:15 pm »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #346 on: April 19, 2009, 11:00:58 pm »

We are sieged in Spring 227.  We suffer no casualties by the goblins, but we have lost yet another legendary dwarf to our moat.

Damn moat.

In economic news, the House of Erib just simply cannot compete with the super capitalism practiced by Queen Urist.  The Queen colluded with her cronies to crash the dwarven credit markets.  This caused debt ratios to skyrocket, and the Royal Reserve Board was established (it was just a bunch of Freemasons) to dole out bailout funds to those businesses it deemed too big to fail.

Of course, the exotic clothing shop was NOT deemed too big to fail, and now the Erib worshippers are clamoring to sell their shop for much less than what they had bought it for.  Even at this price, it would be tough to find a buyer in the market conditions brought on by the Royal Reserve Board's market crashing extortion.

Meanwhile, the increased production of cave spider silk robes, hoods, trousers, and socks, as well as various leather shoes, has caused the value of the Freemason's clothing store to rise 10%.

In other news, another migrant has died in the temple.  Im not losing sleep over it.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #347 on: April 19, 2009, 11:05:29 pm »

Heres the palace, I havent shown it in a while.  I put gold lined paths in the throne room and royal bedroom.  In the throne room there is a purple rose gold path, in the royal bedroom the path is cobaltite.  Right after this picture was taken I also put in an artifact dolomite statue in the room right before the bedroom.  Youll see it in other shots later Im sure.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 19, 2009, 11:20:05 pm »

Sure looks like there is a lot in the way of exposed Cinnabar viens in the Royal Palace, unless I'm mistaking The bright red engraved walls as something else.

It would explain alot if the former is the case.

Well, for being a dystopian, nightmarish mockery of sane society, the architecture of the fortress is very tastefully done.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2009, 12:14:09 am »

Yeah, perfect touch if that's cinnabar.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #350 on: April 20, 2009, 10:26:46 am »

Hahaha that WOULD be awesome if she was going insane from the mercury leeching into her system from the cinnabar!  Unfortunately, the red stuff in the palace is hematite.  Urist's madness comes from within.   :P

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 20, 2009, 11:05:54 am »

Hahaha that WOULD be awesome if she was going insane from the mercury leeching into her system from the cinnabar!  Unfortunately, the red stuff in the palace is hematite.  Urist's madness comes from within.   :P
Then she needs a cinnabar temple a la migrursut.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #352 on: April 20, 2009, 11:18:47 am »

Then she needs a cinnabar temple a la migrursut.

You know, I've never read Migrursut.  Its so long and my eyes will melt into my brain like they did through Nist Akath.  But now you've got me interested.  So they built a cinnabar temple, eh?  Thats pretty fucking genius!

I had other temples on the list of megaprojects...but damn those other gods!  Im building something out of cinnabar!!!  Perhaps a cinnabar bath house?  That way all the dwarves can come to see things Urist's way.

Ill have to import cinnabar blocks from the humans.  I have none on my map.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #353 on: April 20, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »

Queen Urist continued to stress over her deity's lack of existence.  She had sacrificed roughly a hundred dwarves unto Ber Steelearthen.  Each dwarf had roughly a century of life left in them, the children having 150-170 years or so....that meant she had provided Ber Steelearthen with over 10,000 years of dwarf life essence.  Then there were also the countless animals, and the dozens of elves and goblins killed in the temple over the years.  The elves carried powerful juju....shouldnt just one elf be capable of filling a gods mana meter all the way up?

Urist dared not question the reality of her vision.  True, it was a faint light that lit her way, but the thought of the rewards a god could bestow kept her focused.  She blocked out all thoughts that she had hallucinated her God's voice.  Afterall, she had dreamt of building a temple over the red sandy wastes so intensely that it had felt like a command.  And now it was built, and Ber had revealed himself.  He had given his command, to kill and to not stop killing.

Until he came again with a new order, Urist would obey his command.

Urist worked the fort up about the lack of shell for so many years.  The shell crisis had finally been sovled by royal intervention and a monopoly of trading power by Urist and the Duchess (the Duchess's son and now daughters are taking turns being trader to get the purple).  The new bounty of shells have exposed the problems in the old production system: over-fishing and extinction of turtles. 

Holding a mock trial, she rounded up every fisherdwarf in the fort and sentenced them to death by conversion for crimes against the ecosystem.  Our executioner Hamdinger pulled the lever himself.

The woodworkers watched these events with great anxiety.  They looked out at the burnt red desert that had once been a forest, and wondered if they too would soon be kissing their asses good bye.

Only time would tell...

Madmonkey24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 20, 2009, 02:35:50 pm »

I suggest the creation of a doomsday device. Ideas?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 20, 2009, 03:20:10 pm »

Ah, Mogror approves.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 20, 2009, 03:48:26 pm »

Doomsday? i got an idea... Build a BIG tank oooo about as wide as it can be and maybe 4-6 tiles high, and fill it with water but support it with only one support beam and when the time feels right, well ya'know "SPLASH!" "AAAAHH I CANT SWIM" "GURGLE GURGLE BLURB".

Bonus points for locking the queen and a few loyal supporters in the temple to continue there worship, maybe keep a few sacrifices in there too. Then after most of the water drains build up the place and the tank again and do it all over again...... Rinse and repeat.
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #357 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:33 pm »

Meeting hall with 4-way floodgates, anyone?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #358 on: April 20, 2009, 06:47:44 pm »

Im dying here trying to bite my tongue hahaha.....but I dont want to give away the story.  But keep throwing out ideas if you have em Im always open to listen.

I kinda have a general gist of an idea of where the story is going, but Ive mostly been free balling it and making shit up as I go this entire time.  If you can throw out fortress-ending/mass-dwarf-killing/targeted-child-killing ideas Ill gladly take heed and incorporate them if I really like em.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #359 on: April 20, 2009, 06:50:51 pm »

Oh! Have a lever next to two floodgates, one to let water in and one out. Dwarf goes to pull lever, water sweeps him away into who knows where.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 164