Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419651 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #705 on: June 11, 2009, 04:53:50 pm »

Are you going to torture them whenever they start a conversation about how great it would be to be alive? Because that would be funny.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:19 pm »

Which reminds me... is my insane dwarf still alive? His name was Mod I think...

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 11, 2009, 06:10:12 pm »

Yep double checked. Mod, the kitten-kicking loyalist clerk.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 11, 2009, 07:18:37 pm »

Why not take a third option-have the rebels fling female cats into the fortress-who then get set on fire by the remaining demon? Since the cats may go outside, there's no telling what will happen, and it completely maximizes the chances for wanton destruction at random.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 11, 2009, 08:38:31 pm »

What about Eagle? Hows he standing up to all this madness below?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #710 on: June 11, 2009, 11:27:39 pm »

CaptainBlood - Yeah you're alive inside the temple.  Im carving all loyalist true believers nice bedrooms and shit.  Right now though you're stuck in one of the 1x1 monk rooms.  Theyre modestly sized, but engraved...plus the beds and doors have jewels on em.  So it balances out right?

Byakugan - Did you still want a dwarf?  You asked 5 pages back, but I guess you didnt see my reply.  The rat weed hasnt destroyed my memory totally, I still know I need to add you.  You wanted to be one of the Eribites but theyre all dead except the heir/mayor.  If you want to be one of the true believers you can be the High Priestess or the Dungeon Master.  Otherwise you can be a rebel military dwarf and await starvation/execution/death by fire demon.

Eagle - Your cave is coming along.  You built a pump and managed to seal yourself off before the fire demons showed up.  Your tower cap farm is starting to sprout, and you have a well.  You are now totally self-reliant, unless you get wounded somehow.  The only problem is all that damn stone.  Its cluttering your tower caps!

Jackrabbit - Yeah Im just gonna randomly beat, cripple, and mutilate them just for the hell of it.

Tradanbattlan - Good point....Ill fix it...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:29:18 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 12, 2009, 10:22:39 am »

I assume Armok is basically torturing all of the dead dwarves?  That's a lot actually.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 12, 2009, 12:30:21 pm »

Hmm...you killed off the caravan? That means you're going to get a human siege next summer, in all likeliness. For an interesting perspective, make me one of the local leaders there (if there are any) and write my reaction to what I see when my squad gets there. Or, instead of a dwarf...why not the crippled fire demon? I'd like to see the story from it's point of view, to be honest-that is, if they are even capable of sentient thought at all. Especially if/when it gets killed, and even as it is it'd be interesting given how it has been brought low by mortals. I still need more time to think up an actual dwarf character (one that *isn't* insane), but I am interested in seeing the story from these alternate viewpoints.
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #713 on: June 12, 2009, 02:13:48 pm »

Hmm...you killed off the caravan? That means you're going to get a human siege next summer, in all likeliness. For an interesting perspective, make me one of the local leaders there (if there are any) and write my reaction to what I see when my squad gets there. Or, instead of a dwarf...why not the crippled fire demon? I'd like to see the story from it's point of view, to be honest-that is, if they are even capable of sentient thought at all. Especially if/when it gets killed, and even as it is it'd be interesting given how it has been brought low by mortals. I still need more time to think up an actual dwarf character (one that *isn't* insane), but I am interested in seeing the story from these alternate viewpoints.

I didnt kill off the caravan, the demons did!  These humies better not attack me for it!  Im actually really bummed the guild representative died.  The dwarf representative has been dead for about 30 years.  So the humans were the only ones who could fill my nobles' mandates.  Until I get Companion working even my relatively placid Duchess is gonna be a pain in the ass.

BTW - the wounded demon is already dead...

Well Knighttrusses here is wounded....

..and is (somewhat) easy pickings for a few champions that gangbang him. 

But I really like the idea of making you one of the human leaders so we can hear other perspectives on Blockedlance!  Ill make you the ruler.  All hail Byakugan, Merchant Prince of our Human allies!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #714 on: June 12, 2009, 02:23:54 pm »

I assume Armok is basically torturing all of the dead dwarves?  That's a lot actually.

Hey Armok always finds time for torture, no matter how busy he is!  haha

Nah, actually, since there are dozens upon dozens of hells, and an unknown number of blazes, pseudo-hells, and not-so-nice places, a dead dwarf might find themselves anywhere.  Most of them simply die though, and their soul gets eaten by Armok right away.  Only important or memorable dwarves will be worthy enough to transcend death and find themselves in a hell.

You see, it is a tremendous honor to get to spend ten thousand years in The Hell of the Infinite Void before you are forever erased from existence!    ;D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #715 on: June 12, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »

Eberdek waited nervously at the table.  It was an opulent setting.  He sat on the Queen's golden dining throne, about to help eat a delicious feast fit for royalty.  Fine Pewter dining ware was set before him on a platinum table.  Eberdek sipped whip wine from an aluminum goblet.  A servant finished setting the Queen's seating arrangement, then topped off her artifact adamantine mug with sunshine before scurrying out of the room.

Another servant came in with several plates of food on a silver tray.  Eberdek's mouth watered, and at the same time his heart was beginning to pound harder, as it always did as he began his duties.

Calm down Eberdek, faster heart rate means poison flows quicker, he thought to himself.  He took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves.

He began taking a bite off of each plate.  Quarry Bush Salad with wild strawberries, plump helmets, and topped with grated dwarven cheese.  Scrumptious.  Horse Meat Roast sauteed with a sweet and sour sauce made form dimple cup spawn and sun berry seeds.  Delicious.  Cave wheat toast with purring maggot butter.  Mouth watering.  And finally a nice desert tart stuffed with prickleberry jam, dusted with dwarven sugar, and smothered in dwarven syrup.

At the end of it Eberdek sat bloated and contented.  He loosened his belt and sat back, hoping to not die.  An hour glass was turned over and the countdown began.  The sand ran out three times, and the hourglass was flipped three times.  At the end of the seeming eternity, Eberdek was still conscious.  The Queen then came into the room and began her meal.  Eberdek's bank account was credited with one dwarfbuck, and he was sent on his way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 12, 2009, 02:51:58 pm »

Man, what a life. I wonder how it will end.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #717 on: June 12, 2009, 04:16:33 pm »

After dinner the Queen consulted with her trusted council on the recent events.  Her trusted council was small, and contained only Lord Montague, Lord Dullard, MadMonkey24, and Mogror Harbett.  So much had happened recently, and she wanted their opinions on how best to proceed. 

"Well right now all we know is what we saw, a bunch of smoke, and flaming demons burning everything down," said Lord Dullard.

"Do you think they struck another chasm within the adamantine?" asked MadMonkey.

"Bah!  They wouldnt have survived that!" quipped Lord Montague.

"Agreed.  I dont think it was demons from another pit.  The ancients didnt cluster their demon prisons so close together," said Urist.  Mogror nodded in agreement, having personal knowledge that this was true.

"The bridges are burned, their military is trapped...while they are divided we MUST attack!  Why are we even talking about this?" asked Lord Montague, growing impatient.

"Well we cant open ourselves up to the demons!  We cant reopen the gates to the fortress until we know for sure that its safe in there!" shouted Lord Dullard.  "We dont have the manpower to risk!"

There was silence as they pondered this last part.  It was correct, their numbers were few.

At last Urist spoke.  "It is dangerous to risk it, but it is dangerous to sit and wait for death, too.  That is MY fortress, by right of might, not by privelage of birth!!!  Lord Dullard, get your men prepared, then meet me here on the morrow.  Be suited up and ready to fight, you too MadMonkey.  Mogror, before nightfall, do some routine inspections on all the levers, gears, and floodgates so that we can be sure of their functionality if we need to reseal the temple at a moments notice."

"Aye," the dwarves agreed.

"Armok be with us gentlemen," said the Queen as she dismissed them.  Then she set off to the temple altar to spend the evening in prayer.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #718 on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:56 pm »

Weh-heh-heh.
They are going to be soooo vulnerable...

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 12, 2009, 04:45:50 pm »

Unless you can use dwarf companion or something to revive the liaison, then i think you're about to get sieged. In one fort of mine, just a DIPLOMAT got killed and I got sieged the next summer. You could probably handwave the revival as armok helping out his chosen-and maybe even "converting" some of the eribites in the process.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 164