Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419709 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #720 on: June 12, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »

Know what would be interesting? Slipping some poison into the dish that would make Eberdek go crazy and try to attack the queen, instead of trying to kill Urist outright.

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 12, 2009, 10:38:46 pm »

Men! Assemble! We stand to fight against tyranny, madness, and hell itself! WE WILL NOT DIE!

*5 seconds later all rebels are dead or captured*
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:35 pm »

Know what would be interesting? Slipping some poison into the dish that would make Eberdek go crazy and try to attack the queen, instead of trying to kill Urist outright.

That would be an interesting possibility, but who among Armok's chosen would betray Queen Urist with such a cunning plan?

Grigrak hates Armok. No fun to talk to at all, always going on about torture and eating and souls.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #723 on: June 14, 2009, 03:34:36 am »

Sorry everybody, I still havent had time to play DF.  Im coding computers...

Must resist....urge....to speak....in.....C++ code.........

int stress=0;
int pateince=100;
int ratWeed=420;
bool smokeBowl=false;

for(int i=0;i<420;i++)
{
    stress++;
}

if(stress>69)
{
    patience-=1;
    smokeBowl=true;
}

while(smokeBowl==true)
{
    stress=0;
    ratWeed--;
    smokeBowl=false;
}

if(ratWeed<=0)
{
    bool blowBrainsOut=true;
}
else
{
    bool copeWithLife=true;
}

C++ is awesome.  Behold the code that brought forth Dwarf Fortress!  Yeah!

C++ is hard as shit though.  An elf could code xhtml and css.  Javascript can be annoying.  But C++ is pure orgasmic thought engineering surpassed only by primordial binary code.

001101101110101001010001000010101110111001010101000101110010100101110111010010101010101001001001011101011101111111101010101000010101010101011101110111010001011101101101101010111010110100001001

Oops....sorry...I slipped into binary code there for a moment.  You know....it gets really annoying to have to talk to you non silicon based life forms sometimes...

;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:29:13 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 14, 2009, 01:21:38 pm »

LOL

Better add a ratWeed++ in there somewhere

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 14, 2009, 01:38:59 pm »

C++ is hard as shit though.

I know.... =( Iv been reading the tut on the C++ site and I'm getting my brain beaten up, its the damned pointers i cant understand them.

I took a look at python awhile ago but I figured I should stick with C++ before I learn something else, I don't want to be getting my code mixed up.

Iv also had an idea for learning C++, basically someone makes a simple program(open source so ppl can look at the code) like a simple turn based strategy game explain what all the code does, then make the game more advanced(same game, more code, option,units, buildings ext) then continue to explain the code. something like that, I dont know how well it would work but it was just a thought.
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 14, 2009, 01:44:14 pm »

Am I still alive?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #727 on: June 14, 2009, 02:00:55 pm »

Am I still alive?

Actually, your dwarf Bowbeard got beaten to death by the Queen herself.

Middle of page 39.  Youre the only forum dwarf killed by Urist so far.  It's quite an honor!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 14, 2009, 02:04:07 pm »

Am I still alive?

Middle of page 39.  Youre the only forum dwarf killed by Urist so far.  It's quite an honor!

Can I take another dwarf?

If so, id like another crossbowdorf.

Boltbeard

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #729 on: June 14, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »

Am I still alive?

Can I take another dwarf?

If so, id like another crossbowdorf.

Boltbeard

Uhhhh.....all the marksdwarves are dead except for Lord Lego and maybe one or two more.  Theyre all about to starve to death though.  You can be a loyalist axedwarf under Lord Dullard though.  They might survive a bit longer.  Or you could wait (for a long time) for a migrant who worships Armok.

Available Armok/Ber Steelearthen Worshippers

Duchess
Dungeon Master
High Priestess
Duchess' four daughters (one of them is the property of Mogror Harbett)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:28:33 pm by MrGimp »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 14, 2009, 02:17:18 pm »

DM is mine.

Petbeard

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #731 on: June 14, 2009, 02:25:32 pm »

C++ is hard as shit though.

I know.... =( Iv been reading the tut on the C++ site and I'm getting my brain beaten up, its the damned pointers i cant understand them.

Pointers can be awkward at first, but in the long run they are sooooo much better than arrays.  Everything can be stored in one dimension with pointers.  Like if you had a two dimensional table of data, like an excel spreadsheet, array notation is a pain in the ass.  Everything has to go to double for loops to initialize or access the array elements, and its confusing.  Bah!  Pointers make it simple with just one number.  The more dimensions, the more necessary pointers become.

Array                                                                       Pointer
spreadsheet[10][10];                                                 *(sPtr+100);
spreadsheet[10][10][10];                                            *(sPtr+1000);
spreadsheet[10][10][10][10];                                      *(sPtr+10000);

No matter how many dimensions, Pointers can be filled with one for loop, because theres only one dimension.  Dynamically allocated pointers can be a problem though....you gotta remember to delete everything before the end of the program.  Still less pain than arrays.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #732 on: June 14, 2009, 02:26:37 pm »

DM is mine.

Petbeard

Sure, I should be back in the DF world tomorrow.  Tonight is my last night of programming slavery (for a few weeks at least).

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #733 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:51 pm »

Grand Master Myth and his last living freemason acolyte met in the trashed and vandalized dining hall.  The demons had been taken care of, but the feeling of defeat hung in the air. 

"Why haven't the bridges been rebuilt?" yelled Myth. 

"B-br-bridges?" stuttered the half nutters mason.

"Ugh!!!  You're mind is as shattered as the mayors isnt it?  Bloody hells, I should've had YOU haul the bodies...but I knew you couldnt take it, so I had you rebuild the bridge, and you cant even do that!?!?  By the Gods!!!"

"We must stay sealed!!!" cried the scared mad dwarf.  Myth slapped him across the face.

"Get ahold of yourself you sunavabitch!"  He sighed, then gave up.  "We'll be safer when we have our military beside us!  Just STAY HERE."

Myth marched off back to the old hospital, where the Eribite mayor lay.  The guards were with him.  Myth whistled as he entered the room to get everyones attention.  "Men, I'm gonna need you to build a bridge!"

"A what?"

"A bridge.  You know, wood over water?  In fact, let us make stone bridges this time.  Then they wont burn down!"

"Sorry sir, we cant build no bridges."

"What? Why not?" Myth asked, exasperated.

"We're champions sir!" they shouted in unison, incredulous at being asked to build such things.

"Holy mother of Erib....look...can you guys at least put your damn armor on?  We could be attacked by demons at any moment!  Why arent you sparring or something?  Get ready!"  Myth slammed the door.  My Gods, he thought.  What a bunch of bastards!  He looked to his left and saw the last freemason carrying a bucket of water.  "What are you doing?"

"The mayor sir.  Our wounded leader needs water."

"Damnit!  I told you to stay in the dining hall.  From now on Im in charge, and the mayor isnt to be given any water...got it?"  Myth was enraged at this point.  The mason nodded and dropped the bucket, then skulked off.

"I gotta do everything around here dont I?" Myth stormed off to grab some dolomite for the bridges.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #734 on: June 15, 2009, 10:55:28 pm »

Hahahahaha!!
He is letting his nerves get the best of him!!

BTW, how is the tomb coming along?
Are our coffins fine and dandeh?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 164