Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419642 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2009, 06:46:00 pm »

I guess as long as Eagle stays isolated, i vote for the gladiator pit.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2009, 07:07:09 pm »

Well, looks like I won't be getting an eribite/dwarven turncoat advisor to replace (with an axe, most likely) the scheming vizier, then. Or maybe I still might...either way though, it will be interesting.

Edit: If you could make them local leaders of the human civ somehow, they might return to fight with an army at their backs! Just something I thought of, maybe it's possible with dwarf companion.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #782 on: June 21, 2009, 02:41:39 pm »

Hmmm...seems like all the votes have been "let them live....in a death pit".

Typical dwarven response.   ;D

Yeah I guess I could rearrange the arena to include a death pit.  Why not?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #783 on: June 21, 2009, 02:43:29 pm »

Well, looks like I won't be getting an eribite/dwarven turncoat advisor to replace (with an axe, most likely) the scheming vizier, then. Or maybe I still might...either way though, it will be interesting.

Edit: If you could make them local leaders of the human civ somehow, they might return to fight with an army at their backs! Just something I thought of, maybe it's possible with dwarf companion.

Yeah I dont know....can you rename other civs leaders with companion?  Not that I have even gotten that working.  Havent even had time to try in forever. 

EDIT - Oh and as for your earlier question, the Human diplomat is still alive, but still trapped.  He was free to leave before the demons arrived however, as was the caravan.  There was no real reason for them to be in the part of the fortress they were in.  It was a glitch and then they got stuck there for several seasons.  Thats when I unleashed the demons on em.

But they were all buggered up from not being able to reach the Depot I think.  So even if I build the bridges...he wont ever leave.  Hes stuck with the dwarves till the end of the ride it appears.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:44:24 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2009, 07:50:13 pm »

My vote is also to let them in, but without the Queen's knowledge (cuz surely she would rather let them starve), then sentence all of the traitors to the death pit.  ;D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #785 on: June 22, 2009, 03:02:51 pm »

Heres some screenshots of the fort right now.  This is my longest fort, and it has definitely been through the most shit.  Here we have Blockedlance, still burnt and charred from the demons, but also flooding now (again).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notice the road vandalism.  Plus the demons destroyed some of it too.

One level into the depths of this horrible place, and we have the peasant quarters, still sopping wet and moldy.  Giant mushrooms with towering caps are sprouting up everywhere.  You can also see the expansion of the temple's lower quarters to house more Armok worshippers, and also the future path of our to-be-expanded moat.

One floor further down and we have the one brief bright spot on this mine to hell, though it still stinks like death and has bloodstains on the walls.  It's the noble quarters and it includes the Priestly dwellings, the palace and the mostly finished Noble Cave River Garden.  I still have to flood it to get it to have tower caps.  Then the river needs to continue on somewhere else.

As we journey deeper we find ourselves in the dark and silent catacombs.  Hundreds of dwarven bodies, dumped in coffins then crammed together in the most efficient burial arrangement possible.  Also of note is Urist's private river garden, plus stockpile of booze, food, and an area for Armok worshipping masons, mechanics, and stonecrafters to practice their trade.

Then there is another level for the dead.  These are the noble dead.  The Duke is buried here, with tombs for each of his five children and wife.  The Dungeon Masters new tomb is here, plus the Eribite tombs.  Also, the Queen has plans to build a tower cap farm here on this level.  Then there is the pit that Grigrak died in once, we still have our bronze atomsmasher there.

Deeper and deeper we go.  Four more levels or so and we reach another burial level for our dead.  This is the barely begun Dwarven Valhalla Cave.  Theres another level above it being carved out to roughly match it.  There will probably soon be another level above that, then all the levels will be channeled, leaving a big massive hole in the rock with tombs all over and a river running through it.  Thats the plan anyways.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:23:33 am by MrGimp »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 22, 2009, 03:16:03 pm »

Amazing. Just the sheer amount of destruction, alongside all the awesome architecture is amazing.

On a side note, where does Eagle tap the cave river? Or is that not on one of the levels shown? Also, could i get a screenshot of his cave, as well as see the current state of the outside army? Thanks in advance.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 22, 2009, 04:23:50 pm »

Then there is the pit that Grigrak died in once, we still have our bronze atomsmasher there.

I think you should keep close track of where and how Grigrak has died and what his incarnation was at the time, and then make a special map noting each location. That way, we (I?) can see the many ways he has suffered at the hands of Queen Urist.

I don't think I've seen a player so willing to subject his own fort to so much destruction. I think you need a special commendation for that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 22, 2009, 05:00:58 pm »

Then there is the pit that Grigrak died in once, we still have our bronze atomsmasher there.

I think you should keep close track of where and how Grigrak has died and what his incarnation was at the time, and then make a special map noting each location. That way, we (I?) can see the many ways he has suffered at the hands of Queen Urist.

I don't think I've seen a player so willing to subject his own fort to so much destruction. I think you need a special commendation for that.
I second the motion.

As an aside, if he finished meeting the top noble then the diplomat should just leave-he's not actually part of the caravan. I know this because once, one entered the map while a caravan didn't-and promptly triggered a gobbo ambush. So you still have a shot ;).
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2009, 11:28:10 am »

Amazing. Just the sheer amount of destruction, alongside all the awesome architecture is amazing.

On a side note, where does Eagle tap the cave river? Or is that not on one of the levels shown? Also, could i get a screenshot of his cave, as well as see the current state of the outside army? Thanks in advance.

Eagle taps the water line running on the surface level just above the huge stone stockpile.  His cave hasnt changed much since the last update.  Ill post some more screenshots when hes done with the tower cap garden.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #790 on: June 24, 2009, 11:34:08 am »

Thanks everyone for reading and thanks for the commendations!

Also Byakugan, the Diplomat was glitched before the demons even came.  He and the caravan got glitched becuase the trade depot and the important dwarves were inaccessible.  Even unlocking doors and opening the path couldnt solve it once it had happened. 

Its not really a big deal either way though.  If the Humans end up sieging, cool.  If not, cool.  The only real downside was the guild representative dying.  Now I can never fill the Duchess' demands for fine pewter.  Ive even melted all the other fine pewter junk, then ran out again.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #791 on: June 24, 2009, 11:37:01 am »

If she has someone beat
Beat her.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 25, 2009, 10:05:18 am »

just proves that even the greatest genocidal megalomaniacs can forget what side of the wall they're building.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 25, 2009, 02:10:52 pm »

If the diplomat goes insane, have him go and be possessed! And end up transformed into a newer, tougher demon-The Avatar of Khaine Armok-who then goes down into the gladiator pit and..."deals" with the insolent rebels. All attacks should do 1 gore damage (whip simulation), speed 1, and 0.5 burn damage. The death of salted wounds.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 25, 2009, 08:11:22 pm »

1 gore damage, speed 1, and 0.5 burn damage.

aw man that sounds like hell.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:34:26 pm by ousire »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 164