Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419655 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #795 on: June 26, 2009, 01:20:54 am »

Haha, yeah Im making a room of wooden spikes that do tiny scrape damage against champions....but I had to put metal ones in there too.  Seems all the elf weapons burn up in the frequent fires.  I really didnt have that many of em.  I was also wondering why it was taking so long to get the mechanisms installed.  Now that I know Mogror was trapped I understand.  lol

Im going kayaking this weekend.  When I come back Ill at least post a story update.

In the meantime....let me tell you about the wonders of Internet
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 26, 2009, 10:24:02 am »

Bah that internet thing will never work. Ever.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 26, 2009, 11:04:50 am »

I'm all for the horrible sub-dwarven rebels living in a grubby hole.
Now let's see them survive the "Citizenship Test"
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2009, 04:20:28 pm »

May I suggest Orwell's 1984 as inspirational reading material? It would be interesting to see how that gets applied to the once-proud champions.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #799 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:55 am »

Prince Byakugan of Behal Ladgi (the Kingdoms of Wiping) had ordered the local baron, Baron Ruprecht von Hussendussel, to dispatch a group of riders to the south to scout Blockedlance and it's surroundings.  The Baron himself personally led the mission.

They rode over the mountains, tiring out many steeds and local peasant girls.  As they stood over the ridge that looked down upon the dessert and swamps below they saw the burnt landscape filling the edge of the horizon.

"Blockedlance," said the Baron, pointing out the obvious.

Some peasants were spotted marching up the mountain, towards the Baron and his men.  They were dwarves.  The Baron stopped them and questioned them, asking who they were.

"We are simple dwarves, we made our way here from distant lands.  We were coming to settle in Blockedlance...but as we approached the fortress, we saw that it was engulfed in flames.  We have run out of supplies and ditched our empty wagon.  We now make way for the Ignited Wall, to settle there, instead.  Hopefully that fortress has not spontaneously combusted, as well."

"Do you know what troubles befell Blockedlance?" asked the Baron.

"We know not.  When the local swamp dwarves that lived outside Blockedlance told us of the demons of fire they had seen, we decided not to tempt fate by investigating.  Most of the dwarves in this area are evacuating to the north."

"An exodus of dwarves?"

"Aye.  This is no place for me and my family.  We were suckers for the adamantine there...please can you help us?" begged the peasant.

"Lieutenant!  Give these dwarves some of our barrels of water and a few bags of food," ordered the Baron.  The Lieutenant nodded and set about fulfilling his orders.  "That should be enough to get you to the mountains of the northern dwarves."

"Thank you human!  We are forever in your debt!"

After doling out some supplies, the humans began the descent down the mountainside, towards Blockedlance, carrying a sense of forboding.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 02:07:09 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #800 on: June 29, 2009, 11:35:05 am »

Deep within Blockedlance, the Dungeon Master Petbeard scrounged the forges looking for any scrap silver.  He was specifically looking for fine pewter.  He sifted through various metal earrings, flasks, spears....the detritus of three decades of assinine noble demands.  There was no more fine pewter left.  The Duchess of course had a massive stockpile of fine pewter items in her tomb and room.  However, Petbeard could not get ahold of these items in order to melt them down.  Not without death by Hammer at least.

He fretted over how he would ever fulfill the Duchess' demands.

Just then he was hit in the back of the head with something as hard as metal.  Everything turned yellow and fuzzy for a moment, and when he came to he was lying on the floor, looking up at the legendary (but forgotten) weaponsmith Steve.

"You son of a bitch!  I give you ONE warning and one warning only!  Stay away fom my forges!  Stop taking my work and my pay.  If the Duchess wants spears, ILL get her the spears!  You stick to your crafts and flasks, got that, Petbeard?"

The Dungeon Master tried to get up, but immediately Steve put his boot on his chest and pushed him back down.  This small dwarf was exceedingly heavy.  Petbeard was stunned into motionlessness. 

"Do you got that?!" Steve shouted, repeating the question.

"Y-yeah...no problem Steve....." muttered Petbeard. 

"Good."

Petbeard lay on the ground, waiting for Steve to walk off.  Then he sat up and felt the back of his head.  It was already starting to swell up.  That dwarf was damn strong.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #801 on: June 29, 2009, 12:03:13 pm »

Myth sat on the floor on the tenth level of the southern tower.  He was seated next to the dolomite door that barred his escape, and he was attempting to use his Freemason skills to pick the stone lock.  He succeeded with a bit of patience, and slowly he peered out from his cell. 

There were no guards on this level.  The tower was pretty much empty, used only for storage.  He took the stairs up to the roof, as quietly as he could.  When he got to the top of the tower he ducked behind the fortifications and carefully looked out.

There were his troops, out on the field.  They were massed in front of the fortress entrance.  The Queen had stationed her loyalists on top of the walls above them, but they were not shooting them or throwing rocks and debris at them.  The two sides seemed to be talking.  Myths troops were removing their armor and he could see a big pile of steel axes as well.  His heart was crushed.

He looked down towards the base of the tower.  There were guards at the door.  He was trapped, even if he could escape his cell.  He looked at the southern fortifications of the tower.  There was as gaping hole in them to assist dwarves in suicide.  Myth knew that the most logical move for him now would be to leap off this tower....but he couldnt do it.  There was a part of him that still believed he could rally his followers and overthrow the Queen.

He reminded himself of what the Queen had told the Freemasons when they were initiated; "As long as there is breath in your lungs, you have the power to fight".

Myth skulked back down to his cell and locked himself in.  Only time would tell if he would ever get his opportunity....

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2009, 08:47:03 pm »

The Queen had the prisoners disarm beforing having them march into the lower levels of the fortress.  She locked them all in the food store room under the palace...it was then that she realized how many of them there were.  She decided that the torture rooms wouldnt be ready in time, and so Myths personal guards had their food and water rations revoked.  They would starve in the old hospital, then be buried below.  Urist would not risk guarding so many rebels with so few loyalists.

While she was deciding the fate of the prisoners, word came to the Queen that the elves had arrived!

They came from the north, through the mudlands.

As Lord Dullard and his men marched to meet them, more attacked from the south and west.  It was an elven onslaught!  They caught a rebel marksdwarf who had fallen asleep after being taken prisoner.  Urist had thought he had just looked so peaceful, so she left him there.  Now he and the cook were caught outside.  Luckily MadMonkey was in the area.

Urist rushed to the top of the temple along with Mogror.  As Lord Dullard and his men decimated one squad, MORE showed up!  It was an elven horde of historic proportions!  The first elf horde to be seen in these parts since the days just after world generation!

"My father's father always warned of it!!!"  Shouted Mogror.  "He said it was a Hate left over from old times!"

There were less than a dozen loyal military dwarves.  If even one or two died here, the prospects of keeping these rebel prisoners would become laughable.  Urist had an idea.

"Bring me Lord Akigagak and the one they call Jazz.  By themselves, they pose no threat to our forces, but can be made to serve us in this battle."

"Yes your majesty!"  Mogror scuffled off.  Urist remained, overlooking the fight...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:54:23 pm by MrGimp »

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »

Holy CRAP. Just how many elves are there?!? Over 30 by the looks of it...no major injuries yet for the dwarves, right? Which squad of elves is fleeing and which is attacking in the last pic, btw?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2009, 09:01:09 pm »

Wonderful.
Just wonderful
By the way, how many dwarves still live?
I'm just asking for a total.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 02, 2009, 09:07:56 pm »

No threat?  :'(

Anyway, kill, kill, kill!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #806 on: July 02, 2009, 09:10:51 pm »

Holy CRAP. Just how many elves are there?!? Over 30 by the looks of it...no major injuries yet for the dwarves, right? Which squad of elves is fleeing and which is attacking in the last pic, btw?

None are fleeing.  A squad of elves was slaughtered, and more just keep piling in.

No threat?  :'(

Anyway, kill, kill, kill!

Hey it's just a plot device to get you back on the front lines.  Do you think I really need your puny dwarfs help to defeat these elves?

Now get out there and KILL KILL KILL!!!!

Wonderful.
Just wonderful
By the way, how many dwarves still live?
I'm just asking for a total.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:13:50 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #807 on: July 02, 2009, 09:11:13 pm »

All we need is to make some things that  the link for Refrigerator Water Filters, and 2 - answering a question no one asked.

Touche Spambot.  Touche.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 02, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »

All we need is to make some things that  the link for Refrigerator Water Filters, and 2 - answering a question no one asked.

Touche Spambot.  Touche.

He's right, a fridge would solve all our problems.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #809 on: July 02, 2009, 09:15:47 pm »

Touche Spambot.  Touche.

He's right, a fridge would solve all our problems.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! 

I accidentally clicked it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 164